Looking for the original Bar Towel blog? You can find it at www.thebartowel.com.

We have a trivia question in order to register to prevent bots. If you have any issues with answering, contact us at cass@bartowel.com for help.

Introducing Light Mode! If you would like a Bar Towel social experience that isn't the traditional blue, you can now select Light Mode. Go to the User Control Panel and then Board Preferences, and select "Day Drinking" (Light Mode) from the My Board Style drop-down menu. You can always switch back to "Night Drinking" (Dark Mode). Enjoy!

LCBO Hallowe'en Beers 2009 Release

This forum is for discussing everything beer retail: LCBO, Beer Store, Grocery Stores and Indie Stores.

Moderators: Craig, Cass

GregClow
Beer Superstar

LCBO Hallowe'en Beers 2009 Release

Post by GregClow »

The following beers are planned to be included in the LCBO's Hallowe'en Beers promotion. Some are already in stores, and the rest will be appearing in the next couple of weeks:

LCBO# / Description / Size (mL) / Retail
67710 Great Lakes Pumpkin Ale 650 $4.95
90738 St-Ambroise Pumpkin Ale 4 x 341 $9.95
132753 Grand River Highballer Pumpkin Ale 500 $3.50
132761 Dieu du Ciel Corne Du Diable IPA 341 $3.10
133025 Guinness Halloween Pack 8 x 440 $21.45
134171 Trafalgar Malted Corpse 650 $4.50
588012 Black Wych Spell Binding Stout 500 $3.45
Last edited by GregClow on Thu Dec 10, 2009 10:43 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Bobsy
Beer Superstar

Post by Bobsy »

GregClow wrote: 132753 Grand River Highballer Pumpkin Ale 500 $3.50
132761 Dieu du Ciel Corne Du Diable IPA 341 $3.85
:D :D :D

SteelbackGuy
Beer Superstar

Post by SteelbackGuy »

GregClow wrote:The following beers are planned to be included in the LCBO's Hallowe'en Beers promotion. Some are already in stores, and the rest will be appearing in the next couple of weeks:

LCBO# / Description / Size (mL) / Retail
67710 Great Lakes Pumpkin Ale 650 $4.95
90738 St-Ambroise Pumpkin Ale 4 x 341 $9.95
132753 Grand River Highballer Pumpkin Ale 500 $3.50
132761 Dieu du Ciel Corne Du Diable IPA 341 $3.85
133025 Guinness Halloween Pack 8 x 440 $21.45
134171 Trafalgar Malted Corpse 650 $4.50
588012 Black Wych Spell Binding Stout 500 $3.45
The Guinness Halloween Pack is the saviour of this release!
If you`re reading this, there`s a 15% chance you`ve got a significant drinking problem. Get it fixed, get recovered!

devonsleigh

Post by devonsleigh »

I may have missed this somewhere but is the Corne du Diable a seasonal or will it be a general listing?

tuqueboy
Bar Fly

Post by tuqueboy »

devonsleigh wrote:I may have missed this somewhere but is the Corne du Diable a seasonal or will it be a general listing?
as per greg's subject line, it's part of the halloween seasonal release...

Bytowner
Seasoned Drinker

Post by Bytowner »

Is the Grand River system-wide or Southern Ontario local?

JesseM
Seasoned Drinker

Post by JesseM »

Bytowner wrote:Is the Grand River system-wide or Southern Ontario local?
I'm betting it's just going to be for KW locals and Guelph. Sorry for the pessimism I just really can't see it extending beyond that. If I have the time/money I may be able to do a trade with you though if you really want some of the Highballer.

inertiaboy
Bar Fly

Post by inertiaboy »

JesseM wrote:
I'm betting it's just going to be for KW locals and Guelph. Sorry for the pessimism I just really can't see it extending beyond that. If I have the time/money I may be able to do a trade with you though if you really want some of the Highballer.
If it is only a local distribution, you can always ask your store for an interstore transfer.

Belgian
Bar Towel Legend

Post by Belgian »

tuqueboy wrote:
devonsleigh wrote:I may have missed this somewhere but is the Corne du Diable a seasonal or will it be a general listing?
So then where's my Péché Mortél? :lol: I hope they both arrive soon though, yes.
In Beerum Veritas

JesseM
Seasoned Drinker

Post by JesseM »

Belgian wrote:
tuqueboy wrote:
So then where's my Péché Mortél? :lol: I hope they both arrive soon though, yes.
You didn't get the memo? Man, Belgian, I'm really sorry to be the one to break the news to you, they were just joking all along about the Peche Mortel. I definitely picked up a note of sarcasm when the LCBO first made it known it was supposed to be included in the release. I was told recently they were actually just going to bring in Trafalgar's Vinegar Barrel Aged Super D-Duper Triple Mocha Cherry Oatmeal Double Imperial Stout (which weighs in at 5.4% abv).

Ghost542

Post by Ghost542 »

I ordered the Peche Mortel this morning, they activated the number this morning, and I was able to add to the order before it went out

Ghost542

Post by Ghost542 »

I got a call yesterday from Grand River, theya re going to deliver to me in Mississauga next week an order, and I think they are going to head to Toronto too, so I can't see why not go elsewhere...I am willing to bring in some other listings if theya re willing to deliver.

Cass
Beer Superstar

Post by Cass »

Happy to actually been able to grab some St Ambroise Pumpkin this year - last year it seemed to vanish off the shelves instantly. Either it's not as popular this year or kudos to LCBO for upping the order based upon past success. Either way, nice to have some for the season along with the others.

Belgian
Bar Towel Legend

Post by Belgian »

Cass wrote:Happy to actually been able to grab some St Ambroise Pumpkin this year... kudos to LCBO for upping the order...
Yes, and it's actually a complex, interesting beer so I'm glad I didn't miss it this time around.
In Beerum Veritas

Hoppsalong

Post by Hoppsalong »

Ghost542 wrote:
...I am willing to bring in some other listings if theya re willing to deliver.
So does this mean I don't have to make the drive to GR for Plowman's, I can actually have a couple of cases shipped to 542?