Looking for the original Bar Towel blog? You can find it at www.thebartowel.com.

We have a trivia question in order to register to prevent bots. If you have any issues with answering, contact us at cass@bartowel.com for help.

Introducing Light Mode! If you would like a Bar Towel social experience that isn't the traditional blue, you can now select Light Mode. Go to the User Control Panel and then Board Preferences, and select "Day Drinking" (Light Mode) from the My Board Style drop-down menu. You can always switch back to "Night Drinking" (Dark Mode). Enjoy!

LCBO Holiday Beers/Gift Packs 2009 Release

This forum is for discussing everything beer retail: LCBO, Beer Store, Grocery Stores and Indie Stores.

Moderators: Craig, Cass

Belgian
Bar Towel Legend

Post by Belgian »

cannondale wrote:
Boy, does that ever hurt!

I think I'll take the high road on this....
Comment retracted cannondale. I don't know you well enough to joke with you (I had said "But seriously..." ) - so fair enough.
In Beerum Veritas

JesseMcG

Post by JesseMcG »

Anyone know if the Duvel gift pack is still coming, or has it been dropped?

EDIT: haha... it just popped up today on the LCBO website... those who are interested it looks like it's available at a LOT of stores.

I have a lot of nice belgian glassware but for some reason I still don't have this one :)

bartle

Post by bartle »

JesseMcG wrote:Anyone know if the Duvel gift pack is still coming, or has it been dropped?

EDIT: haha... it just popped up today on the LCBO website... those who are interested it looks like it's available at a LOT of stores.

I have a lot of nice belgian glassware but for some reason I still don't have this one :)
This glass is going to get a lot of use... in fact so much use... I believe I'll pick up another... Duvel is in my top 10 beer... the new year is coming up... a 750ml will not go astray!

I think I have just purchased my own Christmas / Birthday gift.
enjoi

phirleh
Seasoned Drinker

Post by phirleh »

bartle wrote:This glass is going to get a lot of use... in fact so much use... I believe I'll pick up another... Duvel is in my top 10 beer... the new year is coming up... a 750ml will not go astray!

I think I have just purchased my own Christmas / Birthday gift.
I have 2 Duvel glasses (one I found in a garage sale), and they probably get the most use out of all my glasses. You can also order them from the Duvel USA website (ommegang.com) . I got an Ommegang chalice from them for about $6 (with free shipping too).
Malam cerevisiam facieus in cathedram stercoris

"God don't want me yet, man, I got more feet to taste."
photos - http://www.flickr.com/photos/phirleh/se ... 039468171/

Bobsy
Beer Superstar

Post by Bobsy »

phirleh wrote:I have 2 Duvel glasses (one I found in a garage sale), and they probably get the most use out of all my glasses. You can also order them from the Duvel USA website (ommegang.com) . I got an Ommegang chalice from them for about $6 (with free shipping too).
Firstly, who would ever sell their Duvel glass in a garage sale? Secondly, thanks for the heads up on the ommegang site and their shipping policy. I have a bunch of their beers at home, and would love to drink them out of their own chalice, so I think I have a new item for my Christmas list!

Belgian
Bar Towel Legend

Post by Belgian »

bartle wrote:
bartle wrote:
This glass is going to get a lot of use... in fact so much use... I believe I'll pick up another... Duvel is in my top 10 beer... the new year is coming up... a 750ml will not go astray!
I'm hollering a lot for Duvel today, but worth keeping in mind that useful glassware does (and if we use it, should) get broken. I'm sticking away some spare Duvel Tulips in my top cupboard as a backup!

My 3-shelf beer glass cupboard is getting rather jammed. I can highly recommend the Maredsous pack, because they have replaced the questionable tall fluted chalice with (for me) a much more useful, lower shape. I mean it's a VERY good glass (shape and balance), even compared to my favorites! I also like Maredsous very much.
Last edited by Belgian on Wed Nov 25, 2009 2:46 pm, edited 1 time in total.
In Beerum Veritas

phirleh
Seasoned Drinker

Post by phirleh »

Bobsy wrote:Firstly, who would ever sell their Duvel glass in a garage sale? Secondly, thanks for the heads up on the ommegang site and their shipping policy. I have a bunch of their beers at home, and would love to drink them out of their own chalice, so I think I have a new item for my Christmas list!
It was my brother-in law's garage sale, he had no idea what he was selling, a buddy of his probably scoffed it from some bar. The ommegang thing may be a glitch in their shipping system since it's doesn't have much info in regards to Canadian shipping, but it arrived very quick (a few days) for 6 bucks.

iguenard
Seasoned Drinker

Post by iguenard »

Have to share... bought the Leffe gift pack finally yesterday convincing myself that 15$ for 2 Leffe Radieuse was good since its rare we ever see this outside of Belgium...

Went home, opened the pack which should contain 1 x blonde, 1 x brown, 2 x radieuse....

Got 1 x brown, and 3 x radieuses in mine.

Booyah! Is this commonplace?

Derek
Beer Superstar

Post by Derek »

iguenard wrote:Have to share... bought the Leffe gift pack finally yesterday convincing myself that 15$ for 2 Leffe Radieuse was good since its rare we ever see this outside of Belgium...

Went home, opened the pack which should contain 1 x blonde, 1 x brown, 2 x radieuse....

I didn't realize these packs had the Radieuse! I think I'll have to grab one.

kwjd

Post by kwjd »

iguenard wrote:Have to share... bought the Leffe gift pack finally yesterday convincing myself that 15$ for 2 Leffe Radieuse was good since its rare we ever see this outside of Belgium...

I got the proper proportion of radieuse in my pack, unfortunately.

viggo
Bar Fly

Post by viggo »

Same thing happened to me. Too bad the Radieuse is as awful as the other Leffes.

phirleh
Seasoned Drinker

Post by phirleh »

I found one too, looks like it is quite common, if you look around.