Looking for the original Bar Towel blog? You can find it at www.thebartowel.com.

We have a trivia question in order to register to prevent bots. If you have any issues with answering, contact us at cass@bartowel.com for help.

Introducing Light Mode! If you would like a Bar Towel social experience that isn't the traditional blue, you can now select Light Mode. Go to the User Control Panel and then Board Preferences, and select "Day Drinking" (Light Mode) from the My Board Style drop-down menu. You can always switch back to "Night Drinking" (Dark Mode). Enjoy!

LCBO Holiday Beers/Gift Packs 2009 Release

This forum is for discussing everything beer retail: LCBO, Beer Store, Grocery Stores and Indie Stores.

Moderators: Craig, Cass

GregClow
Beer Superstar

Post by GregClow »

JesseM wrote:I believe the St Peter's included the Ruby Red and the Golden Ale.
Nice - the Golden is new to us, and I really liked the Ruby last year.

matt7215
Beer Superstar

Post by matt7215 »

i grabbed the innus and gunn pack today. the glass is awesome and will go right to the top of my 341ml glass rotation. the beer, well, i had the original tonight which was ok and the new version ipa is better then the old one but these beers still arent my fav. i do love the glass though!

The_Jester
Bar Fly

Post by The_Jester »

GregClow wrote:Nice - the Golden is new to us, and I really liked the Ruby last year.
The Golden must have been here at some point last year, 'cause I rated it (6/14/2008)!?! Maybe in singles? I do agree about the Ruby Red, though - definitely one of their best.
"The time for delay is over, we need to address the threat of climate change activism immediately if we hope to protect the future prosperity of our children’s employers." Scott Vrooman

SteelbackGuy
Beer Superstar

Post by SteelbackGuy »

The_Jester wrote:
GregClow wrote:Nice - the Golden is new to us, and I really liked the Ruby last year.
The Golden must have been here at some point last year, 'cause I rated it (6/14/2008)!?! Maybe in singles? I do agree about the Ruby Red, though - definitely one of their best.

Yeah, I have a rating for it too.
If you`re reading this, there`s a 15% chance you`ve got a significant drinking problem. Get it fixed, get recovered!

cannondale
Bar Fly

Post by cannondale »

St. Peter's Golden Ale was part of the summer 2008 release.

It appears that Maredsous have redisgned their packaging since last year. The new glass is a shorter chalice style in comparison to the previous one and it is very sharp.

Has anyone seen the design of this years' Hobgoblin t-shirt? Anyone know whether the resemblence of the Wychwood characters to the characters of Discworld is 'intentional'?
Never attribute to malice that which is adequately explained by stupidity.

matt7215
Beer Superstar

Post by matt7215 »

cannondale wrote:St. Peter's Golden Ale was part of the summer 2008 release.

It appears that Maredsous have redisgned their packaging since last year. The new glass is a shorter chalice style in comparison to the previous one and it is very sharp.

Has anyone seen the design of this years' Hobgoblin t-shirt? Anyone know whether the resemblence of the Wychwood characters to the characters of Discworld is 'intentional'?
no t-shirt this year, instead you get a glass very similar to the st peters

The_Jester
Bar Fly

Post by The_Jester »

matt7215 wrote:no t-shirt this year, instead you get a glass very similar to the st peters
Excellent - My wife steals all of my t-shirts anyways!
"The time for delay is over, we need to address the threat of climate change activism immediately if we hope to protect the future prosperity of our children’s employers." Scott Vrooman

iguenard
Seasoned Drinker

Post by iguenard »

Gedge wrote:
carguy wrote:I'm looking forward to the Leffe gift pack, and I've only tried the Blonde and Brune up until now.
Wonder if we'll get the Triple and Radieuse or 9 (based on the contents of Leffe gift packs I've seen listed elsewhere)?
Could also the their new Christmas Ale... or the Vieille Cuvée, which I like more then the Radieuse.

Just as long as it isnt a cheap attempt to dunk their Ruby on us poor unsuspecting Canadians...

GregClow
Beer Superstar

Post by GregClow »

D'oh - you're right, I was looking at the St Peter's Suffolk Gold on Ratebeer, which I haven't had.

Ah well, I also liked the Golden Ale, so I might pick up a set anyway.

SteelbackGuy
Beer Superstar

Post by SteelbackGuy »

GregClow wrote:
D'oh - you're right, I was looking at the St Peter's Suffolk Gold on Ratebeer, which I haven't had.

Ah well, I also liked the Golden Ale, so I might pick up a set anyway.

Ohh Grag, its ok!!
If you`re reading this, there`s a 15% chance you`ve got a significant drinking problem. Get it fixed, get recovered!

El Pinguino
Seasoned Drinker

Post by El Pinguino »

cannondale wrote: It appears that Maredsous have redisgned their packaging since last year. The new glass is a shorter chalice style in comparison to the previous one and it is very sharp.
Noticed this too! Wasn't overly impressed with their glass before, but grabbed one of these. A very nice package, nice looking bottles and labels...and a great glass. Think of a Westmalle type stem on the chalice....solid.

El Pinguino
Seasoned Drinker

Post by El Pinguino »

Also grabbed the Innis and Gunn pack...decent glass, and I enjoy their beers enough to give 'em a go.

Couldn't resist a cheesy buy too...don't think it's on the lsit on the first page...but there is a Faxe Premium Gift Pack:
LCBO #131771

You get a 1 litre can and a heavy duty 1 litre mug. Don't recall ever having the Faxe premium...but not expecting anything, I just couldn't resist the massive mug.

Bytowner
Seasoned Drinker

Post by Bytowner »

At first I was pissed that there were no new packs... now I realize there's no more room on my beer glass shelf, so it's for the best. I'll probably pick up the St. Peter's, I also loved the Ruby Red, one of the biggest hits for me last year.

Zuma

Post by Zuma »

iguenard wrote:Just as long as it isnt a cheap attempt to dunk their Ruby on us poor unsuspecting Canadians...
You know only too well what it is like to pass off the Ruby on an unexpecting person. ;)

iguenard
Seasoned Drinker

Post by iguenard »

Zuma wrote:
iguenard wrote:Just as long as it isnt a cheap attempt to dunk their Ruby on us poor unsuspecting Canadians...
You know only too well what it is like to pass off the Ruby on an unexpecting person. ;)
HAHA! True.