Looking for the original Bar Towel blog? You can find it at www.thebartowel.com.

We have a trivia question in order to register to prevent bots. If you have any issues with answering, contact us at cass@bartowel.com for help.

Introducing Light Mode! If you would like a Bar Towel social experience that isn't the traditional blue, you can now select Light Mode. Go to the User Control Panel and then Board Preferences, and select "Day Drinking" (Light Mode) from the My Board Style drop-down menu. You can always switch back to "Night Drinking" (Dark Mode). Enjoy!

LCBO Holiday Beers/Gift Packs 2009 Release

This forum is for discussing everything beer retail: LCBO, Beer Store, Grocery Stores and Indie Stores.

Moderators: Craig, Cass

GregClow
Beer Superstar

Post by GregClow »

wilco wrote:Anyone heard rumours of what the OCB mixer will contain? I'm really hoping they go nuts and throw in the Wellington Imperial Stout. Or at least some items that aren't available normally. Is that asking too much?
Well, the following blurb is now up on the OCB website:

"The third edition of our popular OCB Discovery Pack will be coming to select LCBO stores this November. Details are still hush-hush, but we can tell you this version will be an all-cans line-up, and will include offerings from Trafalgar Brewery, Lakes of Muskoka Cottage Brewery, Nickel Brook Beers, Great Lakes Brewery, Wellington Brewery, and Neustadt Springs Brewery. A great way to discover more of the many quality offerings from OCB members."

And based on the tiny photo in the grainy PDF file of the gift packs that was provided to me by the LCBO (yes, I manually typed the listing above - I work my fingers to the bone for you people!), it LOOKS like it's going to contain:

- Great Lakes Devil's Pale Ale
- Muskoka Cream Ale
- Nickel Brook Organic Lager
- Wellington Country Dark Ale
- Neustadt ??? (can't tell)
- Trafalgar ??? (can't tell)

velovampire
Seasoned Drinker

Post by velovampire »

So Trafalgar's getting into cans now? Hmmm....

SteelbackGuy
Beer Superstar

Post by SteelbackGuy »

velovampire wrote:So Trafalgar's getting into cans now? Hmmm....

Seems everyone is getting into canning lines nowadays.
If you`re reading this, there`s a 15% chance you`ve got a significant drinking problem. Get it fixed, get recovered!

carguy

Post by carguy »

I'm looking forward to the Leffe gift pack, and I've only tried the Blonde and Brune up until now.

Gedge
Bar Fly

Post by Gedge »

carguy wrote:I'm looking forward to the Leffe gift pack, and I've only tried the Blonde and Brune up until now.
Wonder if we'll get the Triple and Radieuse or 9 (based on the contents of Leffe gift packs I've seen listed elsewhere)?

grub
Seasoned Drinker

Post by grub »

SteelbackGuy wrote:Seems everyone is getting into canning lines nowadays.
lets just hope they got a canning line and haven't just poisoned someone else.

bartle

Post by bartle »

looks like a good christmas line up.
I'm hoping for a Baltika No. 6 in there somewhere!!!
enjoi

probstk

Post by probstk »

bartle wrote:looks like a good christmas line up.
I'm hoping for a Baltika No. 6 in there somewhere!!!
Agreed. Fingers crossed that the rest of the "TBC"s are chosen wisely.

Mmmm....big bottle of Duvel....agahgahgahgahag (Homer sound...).

Still waiting on the fall brews, but a little early Christmas cheer can't hurt. :lol:

Belgian
Bar Towel Legend

Post by Belgian »

I'm surprised the Christoffel pricing has been jacked through the roof, since it never sells out - it's $32 now.

It's 20 dollars worth of Christoffel Blonde + a $12.00 "boat anchor" keepsake, but I guess some people like them.
In Beerum Veritas

probstk

Post by probstk »

Belgian wrote:I'm surprised the Christoffel pricing has been jacked through the roof, since it never sells out - it's $32 now.

It's 20 dollars worth of Christoffel Blonde + a $12.00 "boat anchor" keepsake, but I guess some people like them.
It would be worthwhile if some of the local breweries/brewpubs would refill them!

Belgian
Bar Towel Legend

Post by Belgian »

I'd like that. I think MS growlers are 1.89 liters, but you always exchange for a fresh growler & you can always get your four bucks back - the container is essentially free.
In Beerum Veritas

matt7215
Beer Superstar

Post by matt7215 »

grub wrote:
SteelbackGuy wrote:Seems everyone is getting into canning lines nowadays.
lets just hope they got a canning line and haven't just poisoned someone else.
the beer was brewed and canned at wellington

JesseM
Seasoned Drinker

Post by JesseM »

I braved gael force winds and freezing rain today to get to the least conveniently located LCBO in KW for the gift packs. The Baltika pack does in fact include the Baltic Porter as well as their #5 and #7. I'm actually pretty happy despite the fact that I know I'll be buying more huge bulky gift packs just for a single beer.

The_Jester
Bar Fly

Post by The_Jester »

Any updates on what's in the St. Peter's? (It appears to be out now.)
"The time for delay is over, we need to address the threat of climate change activism immediately if we hope to protect the future prosperity of our children’s employers." Scott Vrooman

JesseM
Seasoned Drinker

Post by JesseM »

I believe the St Peter's included the Ruby Red and the Golden Ale.