Looking for the original Bar Towel blog? You can find it at www.thebartowel.com.

We have a trivia question in order to register to prevent bots. If you have any issues with answering, contact us at cass@bartowel.com for help.

Introducing Light Mode! If you would like a Bar Towel social experience that isn't the traditional blue, you can now select Light Mode. Go to the User Control Panel and then Board Preferences, and select "Day Drinking" (Light Mode) from the My Board Style drop-down menu. You can always switch back to "Night Drinking" (Dark Mode). Enjoy!

LCBO Holiday Beers/Gift Packs 2009 Release

This forum is for discussing everything beer retail: LCBO, Beer Store, Grocery Stores and Indie Stores.

Moderators: Craig, Cass

Belgian
Bar Towel Legend

Post by Belgian »

El Pinguino wrote:
cannondale wrote: It appears that Maredsous have redisgned their packaging since last year. The new glass is a shorter chalice style in comparison to the previous one and it is very sharp.
Noticed this too! Wasn't overly impressed with their glass before, but grabbed one of these. A very nice package, nice looking bottles and labels...and a great glass. Think of a Westmalle type stem on the chalice....solid.
It's a great new Trappist-y product look and I like the way they embossed words around the stem sort of imitating a Trappist glass. I really don't use the old style glasses much, but the quality of both glasses is indeed great. (Thin lip like good beer crystal.)
In Beerum Veritas

Belgian
Bar Towel Legend

Post by Belgian »

Got the BALTIKA 3-pack one to try the porter. Interesting polygonal profile bottles... The glass looks really sharp with the nifty polygonal logo (nice branding!) but iit is a very lightweight glass compared to the St Peters.
In Beerum Veritas

cannondale
Bar Fly

Post by cannondale »

Anyone know the contents of the Leffe pack as yet?
Never attribute to malice that which is adequately explained by stupidity.

Guybrush

Post by Guybrush »

Ya, it's a Blonde, Brun, Triple, and something they call Leffe 9, and it comes with a glass.

http://shop.youwof.com/products/leffe-g ... -2-glasses

The_Jester
Bar Fly

Post by The_Jester »

Guybrush wrote:... and something they call Leffe 9, and it comes with a glass.
The Leffe 9 is a run-of-the-mill Belgian Ale, slightly more pale and stronger than their tripel. Very lovely glass, though. One of my favourites.
"The time for delay is over, we need to address the threat of climate change activism immediately if we hope to protect the future prosperity of our children’s employers." Scott Vrooman

cannondale
Bar Fly

Post by cannondale »

Ended up picking up a Leffe pack last night and it contained:

1xBrune
1xBlonde
2xRadieuse
glass

iguenard
Seasoned Drinker

Post by iguenard »

Awesome! Thanks for the info

mintjellie
Seasoned Drinker

Post by mintjellie »

Belgian wrote:Got the BALTIKA 3-pack one to try the porter. Interesting polygonal profile bottles... The glass looks really sharp with the nifty polygonal logo (nice branding!) but iit is a very lightweight glass compared to the St Peters.
I enjoyed the porter. The Gold is an overly sweet mess, and the lager just alright.

What I like about the glass is that they enough room to pour the entire bottle with a decent head, which is more than I can say for my Marstons or Sam Smith glasses. I think that Baltika glass will get a lot of use from me.

El Pinguino
Seasoned Drinker

Post by El Pinguino »

So the Leffe is popping up now? Gonna have to get out and grab one of those...anyone seen the Duvel big bottle + glass anywhere yet?

Really digging the Maredsous from this year. Good beers and great glass.

matt7215
Beer Superstar

Post by matt7215 »

im still looking for the leffe and baltika gift packs, ive given up on them ever makin it to cambridge.

GregClow
Beer Superstar

Post by GregClow »

Guybrush wrote:Ya, it's a Blonde, Brun, Triple, and something they call Leffe 9, and it comes with a glass.
cannondale wrote:Ended up picking up a Leffe pack last night and it contained:

1xBrune
1xBlonde
2xRadieuse
glass
So, there are two different versions of the Leffe giftpack available? That's odd.

cannondale
Bar Fly

Post by cannondale »

GregClow wrote:
Guybrush wrote:Ya, it's a Blonde, Brun, Triple, and something they call Leffe 9, and it comes with a glass.
cannondale wrote:Ended up picking up a Leffe pack last night and it contained:

1xBrune
1xBlonde
2xRadieuse
glass
So, there are two different versions of the Leffe giftpack available? That's odd.
I actually purchased the one with the 2 Radieuse at an LCBO in Toronto on Monday...can't speak for the other pack described. Two certainly wouldn't be a bad thing..

TJ

Post by TJ »

Guybrush wrote:So, there are two different versions of the Leffe giftpack available? That's odd.
I picked up the gift pack with one glass and two Radieuses, one Brune and one Blonde. I've seen the same pack in two other LCBOs. I'm sure this is the only one.

I think the one posted eariler with two glasses and the Blonde, Brune, Triple and 9 was likely the result of bad googling.

matt7215
Beer Superstar

Post by matt7215 »

TJ wrote:
Guybrush wrote:So, there are two different versions of the Leffe giftpack available? That's odd.
I picked up the gift pack with one glass and two Radieuses, one Brune and one Blonde. I've seen the same pack in two other LCBOs. I'm sure this is the only one.

I think the one posted eariler with two glasses and the Blonde, Brune, Triple and 9 was likely the result of bad googling.
dont trust the google

SteelbackGuy
Beer Superstar

Post by SteelbackGuy »

matt7215 wrote:im still looking for the leffe and baltika gift packs, ive given up on them ever makin it to cambridge.
It's a simple matter of having them transferred in to your local store. Ask, and you shall receive.
If you`re reading this, there`s a 15% chance you`ve got a significant drinking problem. Get it fixed, get recovered!