Looking for the original Bar Towel blog? You can find it at www.thebartowel.com.

We have a trivia question in order to register to prevent bots. If you have any issues with answering, contact us at cass@bartowel.com for help.

Introducing Light Mode! If you would like a Bar Towel social experience that isn't the traditional blue, you can now select Light Mode. Go to the User Control Panel and then Board Preferences, and select "Day Drinking" (Light Mode) from the My Board Style drop-down menu. You can always switch back to "Night Drinking" (Dark Mode). Enjoy!

Aphrodisiaque Label / LCBO Nonsense

This forum is for discussing everything beer retail: LCBO, Beer Store, Grocery Stores and Indie Stores.

Moderators: Craig, Cass

JerCraigs
Beer Superstar

Aphrodisiaque Label / LCBO Nonsense

Post by JerCraigs »

So I was at Volo the other night and snapped a photo of the bottles of Aphrodisiaque but haven't bothered to get the pic off of my phone yet.

Because the LCBO objected to the name (sigh) they apparently dinged them a couple hundred bucks to cross out the name on all the bottles. With a marker. The bottle I was looking had had been so poorly done that it basically looked like someone was trying to underline the name. sigh.

Anyways, apparently in future they will switch to Aphrodite as in the US but for now, craziness ensues apparently..

kwjd

Post by kwjd »

I'm glad we have the government protecting us here with this completely rational regulation. If I saw "Aphrodisiaque" on a bottle, who knows what horrible crimes I'd commit.

Tapsucker
Seasoned Drinker

Post by Tapsucker »

kwjd wrote:I'm glad we have the government protecting us here with this completely rational regulation. If I saw "Aphrodisiaque" on a bottle, who knows what horrible crimes I'd commit.

It's well understood that beer labeling is a gateway crime. :lol:
Brands are for cattle.
Fans are cash cows.
The herd will consume until consumed.

Inkling

Post by Inkling »

What idiots. It's one of my go-to winter beers at the moment but I will be sure to only buy it in Quebec if that's the silliness we get from the LCBO.

When they introduced the BYO legislation in Ontario, I was hoping that the province was turning a corner, but apparently not.

SteelbackGuy
Beer Superstar

Post by SteelbackGuy »

Belgian wrote:Shoot all the clowns.

Nice beer though - see you at Bar Volo! (The bar where people don't necessarily have sex right on the tables, thanks to safer labels.)

Damn, I was hoping to "get some" on my next visit! :lol: :lol:
If you`re reading this, there`s a 15% chance you`ve got a significant drinking problem. Get it fixed, get recovered!

Tapsucker
Seasoned Drinker

Post by Tapsucker »

SteelbackGuy wrote:
Belgian wrote:Shoot all the clowns.

Nice beer though - see you at Bar Volo! (The bar where people don't necessarily have sex right on the tables, thanks to safer labels.)

Damn, I was hoping to "get some" on my next visit! :lol: :lol:
You'll have to settle for the floor.
Brands are for cattle.
Fans are cash cows.
The herd will consume until consumed.