Looking for the original Bar Towel blog? You can find it at www.thebartowel.com.

We have a trivia question in order to register to prevent bots. If you have any issues with answering, contact us at cass@bartowel.com for help.

Introducing Light Mode! If you would like a Bar Towel social experience that isn't the traditional blue, you can now select Light Mode. Go to the User Control Panel and then Board Preferences, and select "Day Drinking" (Light Mode) from the My Board Style drop-down menu. You can always switch back to "Night Drinking" (Dark Mode). Enjoy!

LCBO Spring Release 2010 speculation

This forum is for discussing everything beer retail: LCBO, Beer Store, Grocery Stores and Indie Stores.

Moderators: Craig, Cass

JesseMcG

LCBO Spring Release 2010 speculation

Post by JesseMcG »

Greg or anyone know what the Spring release is looking like this year? I need something to look forward to (or bitch about) :)

GregClow
Beer Superstar

Post by GregClow »

JesseMcG wrote:Greg or anyone know what the Spring release is looking like this year? I need something to look forward to (or bitch about) :)
Not heard anything yet. I'll poke my contacts and see what they can tell me.

Ralphus

Post by Ralphus »

Poke! :)

SteelbackGuy
Beer Superstar

Post by SteelbackGuy »

Hopefully they bring in every fruity chapeau beer in existence. I really like going into diabetic shock every time I have a beer! Yay !!
If you`re reading this, there`s a 15% chance you`ve got a significant drinking problem. Get it fixed, get recovered!

northyorksammy
Seasoned Drinker

Post by northyorksammy »

and some thin and sourish wheat beers, plus the usual pale lagers form small countries

Ralphus

Post by Ralphus »

I want Rogue Brutal Bitter to come back at half the cost :)

carguy

Post by carguy »

The Brutal Bitter was already cheaper here than in the US. It was $6.45 here, vs $6.99 in Indiana. And that is a direct compairson. It would be $7.32 down there if you factored in the exchange.

SteelbackGuy
Beer Superstar

Post by SteelbackGuy »

I hope it comes back. I certainly didn't mind paying the price for it.
If you`re reading this, there`s a 15% chance you`ve got a significant drinking problem. Get it fixed, get recovered!

GregClow
Beer Superstar

Post by GregClow »

Sorry, forgot to email my contacts! I just sent over a note now, hopefully will hear something soon.

EDIT: Got this response in mere minutes - "We'll be sending the list over in a few days... Just finalizing a few details."

Ralphus

Post by Ralphus »

The Brutal Bitter was already cheaper here than in the US. It was $6.45 here, vs $6.99 in Indiana. And that is a direct compairson. It would be $7.32 down there if you factored in the exchange.
You found one sample point and you generalized across the entire united states. Nice :)

Bobbyok
Bar Fly

Post by Bobbyok »

Ralphus wrote:
You found one sample point and you generalized across the entire united states. Nice :)
$8.49 in Halifax ($7.78 listed here plus tax and deposit):

http://premierwines.ca/store/go/catalogue/

Belgian
Bar Towel Legend

Post by Belgian »

GregClow wrote:Sorry, forgot to email my contacts! I just sent over a note now, hopefully will hear something soon.

EDIT: Got this response in mere minutes - "We'll be sending the list over in a few days... Just finalizing a few details."
WHY would they send those BARTOWEL PEOPLE the list to moan about, dismiss and generally make fun of?!?! :P

I'm kidding, thee are usually a few hopeful gems in some LC seasonal releases of late. With Ontario's total lack of retail competition, these releases are actually relatively exciting comapred to, say, toasting a raisin bagel or playing crokinole with Grandma.
In Beerum Veritas

Bobsy
Beer Superstar

Post by Bobsy »

I just pray for Orval. If the whole Spring release consisted just of Orval I'd be happy.

Derek
Beer Superstar

Post by Derek »

I'm down to about half a dozen bocks... it'd be nice to see a good Maibock, along with some doppels.

matt7215
Beer Superstar

Post by matt7215 »

Bobsy wrote:I just pray for Orval. If the whole Spring release consisted just of Orval I'd be happy.
i had to break into my last case last weekend, which was hard to do, but worth it. :D

i really hope it comes back!