Looking for the original Bar Towel blog? You can find it at www.thebartowel.com.

We have a trivia question in order to register to prevent bots. If you have any issues with answering, contact us at cass@bartowel.com for help.

Introducing Light Mode! If you would like a Bar Towel social experience that isn't the traditional blue, you can now select Light Mode. Go to the User Control Panel and then Board Preferences, and select "Day Drinking" (Light Mode) from the My Board Style drop-down menu. You can always switch back to "Night Drinking" (Dark Mode). Enjoy!

LCBO Spring Release 2010 speculation

This forum is for discussing everything beer retail: LCBO, Beer Store, Grocery Stores and Indie Stores.

Moderators: Craig, Cass

acromion23

Post by acromion23 »

Bobsy wrote:I just pray for Orval. If the whole Spring release consisted just of Orval I'd be happy.
Amen, brother.
かんぱい。

teichertbier

Post by teichertbier »

acromion23 wrote:
Bobsy wrote:I just pray for Orval. If the whole Spring release consisted just of Orval I'd be happy.
Amen, brother.
i would also be satisfied with this. :D

matt7215
Beer Superstar

Post by matt7215 »

i heard today an ontario imperial stout will also be included in this release, good news to a lot of folks.

wilco

Post by wilco »

matt7215 wrote:i heard today an ontario imperial stout will also be included in this release, good news to a lot of folks.
Please tell me it's the Wellington. Pleeease!

velovampire
Seasoned Drinker

Post by velovampire »

wilco wrote:
matt7215 wrote:i heard today an ontario imperial stout will also be included in this release, good news to a lot of folks.
Please tell me it's the Wellington. Pleeease!
Or Grand River? Pretty please?

Bobsy
Beer Superstar

Post by Bobsy »

Matt... don't be a tease!

I think it would be neat if Mill Street decided to put their imperial chocolate stout in, but as far as I know its going to be draft only.

matt7215
Beer Superstar

Post by matt7215 »

sorry to tease y'all, Grand River Russian Gunn has been accepted as part of the spring release.

90 stores, $4.50/500ml bottle.

northyorksammy
Seasoned Drinker

Post by northyorksammy »

what is spring according to the lCBO?

Derek
Beer Superstar

Post by Derek »

matt7215 wrote:sorry to tease y'all, Grand River Russian Gunn has been accepted as part of the spring release.

Nice... I'm down to my last bottle!

(I'd still like to see Wellington return sometime though).

wilco

Post by wilco »

matt7215 wrote:sorry to tease y'all, Grand River Russian Gunn has been accepted as part of the spring release.

This also does not disappoint! Hopefully this and the past Highballer Halloween release means Grand River will be regularly getting in on the seasonal releases from now on.

Belgian
Bar Towel Legend

Post by Belgian »

wilco wrote:

This also does not disappoint! Hopefully this and the past Highballer Halloween release means Grand River will be regularly getting in on the seasonal releases from now on.
Soon to be as big a success as Trafalgar!
In Beerum Veritas

probstk

Post by probstk »

wilco wrote:

That's what my brother understood from Rob or Bob. They are trying to manage their tanks to be able to produce the regulars and one seasonal at a time. Apparently they are having trouble keeping up with LCBO demand for Town Hall...

Fingers crossed.

Pub Style
Bar Fly

Post by Pub Style »

GregClow
Beer Superstar

Post by GregClow »

Just got the Spring release list from the LCBO (as did Troy, it seems), so I'm about to start a new thread for discussion. I've retitled this thread accordingly, and will be locking it so discussion can go to the new one.