Looking for the original Bar Towel blog? You can find it at www.thebartowel.com.

We have a trivia question in order to register to prevent bots. If you have any issues with answering, contact us at cass@bartowel.com for help.

Introducing Light Mode! If you would like a Bar Towel social experience that isn't the traditional blue, you can now select Light Mode. Go to the User Control Panel and then Board Preferences, and select "Day Drinking" (Light Mode) from the My Board Style drop-down menu. You can always switch back to "Night Drinking" (Dark Mode). Enjoy!

Transfering product between stores?

This forum is for discussing everything beer retail: LCBO, Beer Store, Grocery Stores and Indie Stores.

Moderators: Craig, Cass

SteelbackGuy
Beer Superstar

Post by SteelbackGuy »

Beer'n'gin wrote:
Up in the Sudbury, I've talked to the warehouse supervisor about bringing product in and the problem transfers create is that if the entire case isn't picked up, they have no choice but to place it on the shelves, which quite often would exceed their maximum beer count.
Believe it or not, there is a minimum, and maximum. Head office tracks how manu skus a store has. About 99.9% of stores are at the max, so a couple of products will put them over. Doesn't seem like a big deal, and it really isn't, but eventually a store gets an e-mail from head office stating that they are over in skus, and to scale down to the appropriate amount. Silly, I know. But the people at the store level are just doing what their managers are telling them to do.
Beer'n'gin wrote:On that note, I've noticed beer on the 'BO inventory list, typically a count of 24, that I've tried to claim at the store, only to be told it's someone's order. It's been lying in wait in the warehouse for over three weeks and my question is, how long would you say that beer is fair game to anybody? Or would they rather just send it back?

There is no way the public can see what is waiting in the warehouse. Perhaps on occasion if something is on bond, it might show up on the public site, but those products aren't spoken for.
Nobody can tell you that something in the warehouse is for someone's order. Why? Because as employees, we have no idea where a product will end up. And nothing just sits in the warehouse for three weeks for someone's private order. Doesn't happen. And even if it did, it wouldn't show on a public website. So whoever you get your info from, is feeding you a pile of shit.
If you`re reading this, there`s a 15% chance you`ve got a significant drinking problem. Get it fixed, get recovered!

Ale's What Cures Ya
Seasoned Drinker

Post by Ale's What Cures Ya »

SteelbackGuy wrote: So whoever you get your info from, is feeding you a pile of shit.

That can't be true. The LCBO is populated by the most honest, trustworthy, well informed and excellently trained staff in any retail chain anywhere.

SteelbackGuy
Beer Superstar

Post by SteelbackGuy »

DragonOfBlood wrote:
SteelbackGuy wrote: So whoever you get your info from, is feeding you a pile of shit.

That can't be true. The LCBO is populated by the most honest, trustworthy, well informed and excellently trained staff in any retail chain anywhere.

While that is probably true, I do want to remain modest. But ohhh Dragon, your compliment has me just short of blushing. Naughty boy!
If you`re reading this, there`s a 15% chance you`ve got a significant drinking problem. Get it fixed, get recovered!

icemachine
Beer Superstar

Post by icemachine »

SteelbackGuy wrote:
Beer'n'gin wrote:On that note, I've noticed beer on the 'BO inventory list, typically a count of 24, that I've tried to claim at the store, only to be told it's someone's order. It's been lying in wait in the warehouse for over three weeks and my question is, how long would you say that beer is fair game to anybody? Or would they rather just send it back?

There is no way the public can see what is waiting in the warehouse. Perhaps on occasion if something is on bond, it might show up on the public site, but those products aren't spoken for.
Nobody can tell you that something in the warehouse is for someone's order. Why? Because as employees, we have no idea where a product will end up. And nothing just sits in the warehouse for three weeks for someone's private order. Doesn't happen. And even if it did, it wouldn't show on a public website. So whoever you get your info from, is feeding you a pile of shit.
I'd assume at this point Beer'n'gin refers to products showing on the public website for individual stores
"Everything ... is happening" - Bob Cole

Beer'n'gin

Post by Beer'n'gin »

I did get the talk from a senior - and i do mean SENIOR employee about the max number of skus a store can create.
The other store with the mystery case of Duvel on order for someone does bother me. If I can see it, I want it! I'm demanding six tomorrow after work. Thanks for your clearing up what I should have the right to purchase as a consumer.
BTW, if anyone here ordered it, I'll split the case with them. It's a longshot, but I'm in Sudbury and I doubt few people besides those on this forum would order it.

SteelbackGuy
Beer Superstar

Post by SteelbackGuy »

Beer'n'gin wrote:I did get the talk from a senior - and i do mean SENIOR employee about the max number of skus a store can create.
The other store with the mystery case of Duvel on order for someone does bother me. If I can see it, I want it! I'm demanding six tomorrow after work. Thanks for your clearing up what I should have the right to purchase as a consumer.
BTW, if anyone here ordered it, I'll split the case with them. It's a longshot, but I'm in Sudbury and I doubt few people besides those on this forum would order it.

Well you have the right to purchase whatever the LCBO sells. Now, this case of duvel...........??? Did someone mention it was on hold for someone? Because THAT is entirely possible. We generally hold products for one week if someone requests. If they don't come for it after the week, it is fair game.

Beer'n'gin

Post by Beer'n'gin »

SteelbackGuy wrote:
Well you have the right to purchase whatever the LCBO sells. Now, this case of duvel...........??? Did someone mention it was on hold for someone? Because THAT is entirely possible. We generally hold products for one week if someone requests. If they don't come for it after the week, it is fair game.
Yes, he did mention it was on hold. I guess he might have placed the order himself, because he knew without looking into it or checking the back. Or he's extremely lazy. Not to disparage and generalize about all employees of course

It's been well over a week and I'm going to (attempt) to pick up a few bottles tonight. They also apparently have Chimay Premiere somewhere back there so I might grab one or two.