Looking for the original Bar Towel blog? You can find it at www.thebartowel.com.

We have a trivia question in order to register to prevent bots. If you have any issues with answering, contact us at cass@bartowel.com for help.

Introducing Light Mode! If you would like a Bar Towel social experience that isn't the traditional blue, you can now select Light Mode. Go to the User Control Panel and then Board Preferences, and select "Day Drinking" (Light Mode) from the My Board Style drop-down menu. You can always switch back to "Night Drinking" (Dark Mode). Enjoy!

LCBO Summer 2010 Release (Full list)

This forum is for discussing everything beer retail: LCBO, Beer Store, Grocery Stores and Indie Stores.

Moderators: Craig, Cass

Roland + Russell

Post by Roland + Russell »

Yes, the beer will make it to the shelves. It is in the warehouse and should be in stores soon.

Arranging transportation from Japan held this beer up slightly.

It will appeal to those who appreciate beers such as Panil.

Have a wonderful weekend,
Roland + Russell
www.rolandandrussell.com
twitter.com/RolandRussell

SteelbackGuy
Beer Superstar

Post by SteelbackGuy »

Roland + Russell wrote:Yes, the beer will make it to the shelves. It is in the warehouse and should be in stores soon.

Arranging transportation from Japan held this beer up slightly.

It will appeal to those who appreciate beers such as Panil.

Have a wonderful weekend,
It is exciting that we are getting beers from this producer. If sales are strong, perhaps we would see another from them. The Hitachino Nest White Ale is an interesting one I'd like to see.
I'll buy a few Ginger Ales despite my dislike for it.
If you`re reading this, there`s a 15% chance you`ve got a significant drinking problem. Get it fixed, get recovered!

Belgian
Bar Towel Legend

Post by Belgian »

Exactly, Steelback I did not flip out over Rose Hibiscus from DDC either - but at these Nanny-State prices I was happy to drink a few more to appreciate what the beer is and will do the same with ginger. Sometimes a beer grows on you.

And I also hear Doug Shoemaker used to babysit Steelback... LMAO. See you in London sometime!
In Beerum Veritas

SteelbackGuy
Beer Superstar

Post by SteelbackGuy »

Belgian wrote: And I also hear Doug Shoemaker used to babysit Steelback... LMAO. See you in London sometime!
Yes, Dougshoemaker used to babysit me and my sisters when we were very young. He is a good friend to the family and a stand up guy. In fact it was Doug that introduced me to good beer. My mother and I went to meet him for lunch around Christmas time, about 7 years ago. We ended up going to a place called the Black Forest Inn, which is a German eatery. I was going to order a bud, but Doug had ordered a Schnider Weisse and said I should try one. So I did, and haven't looked back.
If you`re reading this, there`s a 15% chance you`ve got a significant drinking problem. Get it fixed, get recovered!

saints_gambit
Bar Fly

Post by saints_gambit »

That's Doug for you. Always spreading the love.
saintjohnswort.ca

Belgian
Bar Towel Legend

Post by Belgian »

saints_gambit wrote:That's Doug for you. Always spreading the love.
I beer love Doug back. In fact ALL Dougs are pretty cool people, most of the time. Like my dear old Dad!
In Beerum Veritas

Rosko

Post by Rosko »

The Brooklyner is now one of my all-time favourites. Absolutely top notch!

Roland + Russell

Post by Roland + Russell »

Finally showing up on store shelves!

HITACHINO NEST GINGER BREW
LCBO 171546 | 330 mL bottle | Price: $3.95

Regards,
Roland + Russell
www.rolandandrussell.com
twitter.com/RolandRussell

Belgian
Bar Towel Legend

Post by Belgian »

Roland + Russell wrote:Finally showing up on store shelves!

HITACHINO NEST GINGER BREW
LCBO 171546 | 330 mL bottle | Price: $3.95

Regards,
This is exceptional beer, and honestly I had disliked the bottle I got from Premier Gourmet (stale?) If De Dolle were born in Japan they would make beers like this one. Thanks R&R!!!
In Beerum Veritas

SteelbackGuy
Beer Superstar

Post by SteelbackGuy »

I admit, it is better than expected. A decent quaff.

jaymack

Post by jaymack »

Just enjoying a bottle now and happy with it. I was hoping for more of the ginger and less of the alcohol but I think I'd stock a few of these before they disappear.