Looking for the original Bar Towel blog? You can find it at www.thebartowel.com.

We have a trivia question in order to register to prevent bots. If you have any issues with answering, contact us at cass@bartowel.com for help.

Introducing Light Mode! If you would like a Bar Towel social experience that isn't the traditional blue, you can now select Light Mode. Go to the User Control Panel and then Board Preferences, and select "Day Drinking" (Light Mode) from the My Board Style drop-down menu. You can always switch back to "Night Drinking" (Dark Mode). Enjoy!

LCBO Summer 2010 Release (Full list)

This forum is for discussing everything beer retail: LCBO, Beer Store, Grocery Stores and Indie Stores.

Moderators: Craig, Cass

SteelbackGuy
Beer Superstar

Post by SteelbackGuy »

Belgian wrote:
dutchcanuck wrote:Its a strange beast of a Wiesse
What's a "Wiesse"? ;)

The one I had in a NYC hotel room was barely chilled and yet delicious that way, with multi-dimensional flavors trading off between good Weisse and good Pale Ale. When Hopfen Weisse shows up I will buy lots, especially if the 3.25 price is not a mistake.

And the spelling Gestapo strikes again.

The $3.25 price point is the correct price and that is what you will be paying for this beer.
If you`re reading this, there`s a 15% chance you`ve got a significant drinking problem. Get it fixed, get recovered!

Belgian
Bar Towel Legend

Post by Belgian »

SteelbackGuy wrote: And the spelling Gestapo strikes again.

The $3.25 price point is the correct price and that is what you will be paying for this beer.
Correct names reduce confusion searching products onlcbo.com - of course the lead post on this thread links all product codes.

Awesome price, thanks for confirmation.
In Beerum Veritas

probstk

Post by probstk »

SteelbackGuy wrote:So I just phoned in to our head office (on my day off, thanks!) and found out the product is still on bond and will be released shortly, so this is why it hasn't been released yet. There is absolutely no reason to worry that this will not make it to stores. All is well and it will be out soon. Ohh and the whole St Catherines thing is a mystery as the product shouldn't have been sent there, but apparently someone made a mistake in a warehouse and sent some out anyway.
Sweet!! I was heart-broken by the rumours of its demise...

Gedge
Bar Fly

Post by Gedge »

They were pouring the Hopfen Weisse at Mondiale.

thebandit87

Post by thebandit87 »

Sweet! got the last few bottles of Hopfen Weisse at the Queens Quay & Yonge LCBO, looks like there finally making there way through the system.

Lukie

Post by Lukie »

thebandit87 wrote:Sweet! got the last few bottles of Hopfen Weisse at the Queens Quay & Yonge LCBO, looks like there finally making there way through the system.
It looks like its in Guelph but not in the GTA. What gives?

SteelbackGuy
Beer Superstar

Post by SteelbackGuy »

Lukie wrote:
thebandit87 wrote:Sweet! got the last few bottles of Hopfen Weisse at the Queens Quay & Yonge LCBO, looks like there finally making there way through the system.
It looks like its in Guelph but not in the GTA. What gives?

I'm pretty sure Queens Quay and Yonge is in the GTA, no?

In any event, nothing gives. It is being rolled out now as it is starting to appear in stores. This week should see a larger influx of the product.
If you`re reading this, there`s a 15% chance you`ve got a significant drinking problem. Get it fixed, get recovered!

Kel Varnsen
Bar Fly

Post by Kel Varnsen »

Not sure if this counts as part of the Summer Release, but I was in the LCBO on Friday and they had a new gift pack, which was the Erdinger Football giftpack. It was 5-500ml bottles of Erdinger and a special glass ,kind of like the Erdinger glass that shows up at Christmas, but with the top of it shaped like a soccer ball, which appears to be for the World Cup. It was only 19.95 which is kind of a steal when the list price of a single bottle of Erdinger is $3.15. I picked one up and I am not even really a soccer fan.

http://www.lcbo.com/lcbo-ear/lcbo/produ ... ber=169359

Also incase anyone is curious, here is the glass on the Erdinger website.

http://www.erdinger-fanshop.de/pokalgla ... anguage=gb

Torontoblue
Beer Superstar

Post by Torontoblue »

Kel Varnsen wrote:Not sure if this counts as part of the Summer Release, but I was in the LCBO on Friday and they had a new gift pack, which was the Erdinger Football giftpack. It was 5-500ml bottles of Erdinger and a special glass ,kind of like the Erdinger glass that shows up at Christmas, but with the top of it shaped like a soccer ball, which appears to be for the World Cup. It was only 19.95 which is kind of a steal when the list price of a single bottle of Erdinger is $3.15. I picked one up and I am not even really a soccer fan.

http://www.lcbo.com/lcbo-ear/lcbo/produ ... ber=169359

Also incase anyone is curious, here is the glass on the Erdinger website.

http://www.erdinger-fanshop.de/pokalgla ... anguage=gb
At first glance the top of the glass looks like someone's ASS :wink:

SteelbackGuy
Beer Superstar

Post by SteelbackGuy »

Kel Varnsen wrote: I picked one up and I am not even really a soccer fan.

Can't say I blame you.
I also got the pack, despite my feelings about the glass, I do collect all beer glasses, so I figured what the heck......it is basically free.

Ukie
Bar Fly

Post by Ukie »

Its a good pack, I picked mine up 3 weeks ago when I originally posted the info about it. I may get another for Fridays start. "Asked and answered."

Lukie

Post by Lukie »

Ukie wrote:Its a good pack, I picked mine up 3 weeks ago when I originally posted the info about it. I may get another for Fridays start. "Asked and answered."
I've seen their gift pack in spring, but it wasn't the soccer one. Which Erdingers are included in this pack?

GregClow
Beer Superstar

Post by GregClow »

This thread once again started to verge into general LCBO complaining, as well as posts that could be personally insulting to Steelbackguy.

I've deleted the posts in question, and will do the same with any further posts in that spirit.

Play nice.

SteelbackGuy
Beer Superstar

Post by SteelbackGuy »

The beers are the Dunkel and the Weisse. Nothing new, and the Dunkel is pretty boring. Now that I think of it, the Weisse is filtered to all hell.........me and my addiction to friggin glasses.

Belgian
Bar Towel Legend

Post by Belgian »

Yeah the fussball glass is sort of neat but I like the regular Erdinger glasses a lot more.
In Beerum Veritas