Looking for the original Bar Towel blog? You can find it at www.thebartowel.com.

We have a trivia question in order to register to prevent bots. If you have any issues with answering, contact us at cass@bartowel.com for help.

Introducing Light Mode! If you would like a Bar Towel social experience that isn't the traditional blue, you can now select Light Mode. Go to the User Control Panel and then Board Preferences, and select "Day Drinking" (Light Mode) from the My Board Style drop-down menu. You can always switch back to "Night Drinking" (Dark Mode). Enjoy!

LCBO Mixed Summer Packs

This forum is for discussing everything beer retail: LCBO, Beer Store, Grocery Stores and Indie Stores.

Moderators: Craig, Cass

SteelbackGuy
Beer Superstar

LCBO Mixed Summer Packs

Post by SteelbackGuy »

The following packs will be available starting in summer 2010, as part of LCBO's increase in mixed packs.

Ontario Craft Brewers Discovery Pack
A brand new pack will be available for summer 2010, and also for the holiday season

Mill Street Mini Brewpub
Will be available again, this time, containing two beers not normally available in stores.

Taste of Belgium Six Pack
A mix of different Belgian beers

Muskoka Craft Pack
A five pack of single serve cans from this craft brewer

European Sampler Pack
Peroni, Pilsner Urquell and Grolsch

Polish Beer Sample Pack

Lech, Tyskie, Zubr

Paulaner Oktoberfest Pack
A 1 litre can with traditional stein as is served in Munich

Cheers

Len
If you`re reading this, there`s a 15% chance you`ve got a significant drinking problem. Get it fixed, get recovered!

kwjd

Post by kwjd »

Thanks for the update. Any idea which beers will be in Ontario Craft Brewers Discovery Pack, Mill Street Mini Brewpub or Taste of Belgium Six Pack?

Peter Collins

Post by Peter Collins »

Paulaner Oktoberfest pack? Please tell me it's NOT a hefeweiss bier. I'm dying for a good Marzen or 'Fester. Hefeweiss biers are VERY good but they just don't agree with me and I love the Marzens. That's just me.

SteelbackGuy
Beer Superstar

Post by SteelbackGuy »

Peter Collins wrote:Paulaner Oktoberfest pack? Please tell me it's NOT a hefeweiss bier. I'm dying for a good Marzen or 'Fester. Hefeweiss biers are VERY good but they just don't agree with me and I love the Marzens. That's just me.
I'm pretty sure it is an Oktoberfest Lager.
If you`re reading this, there`s a 15% chance you`ve got a significant drinking problem. Get it fixed, get recovered!

velovampire
Seasoned Drinker

Post by velovampire »

SteelbackGuy wrote:Ontario Craft Brewers Discovery Pack
A brand new pack will be available for summer 2010, and also for the holiday season

Mill Street Mini Brewpub
Will be available again, this time, containing two beers not normally available in stores.
Optimistic about these two, depending on what the feature beers are. Nice to see Mill St. expanding to two seasonals in their mixed pack. Stout? Please? Please?

Pub Style
Bar Fly

Post by Pub Style »

The new Mill St. pack, for the summer, includes their new Lemon Tea and Pilsner. The rest include Tankhouse, Organic, Stock, and Wit.

Bobsy
Beer Superstar

Post by Bobsy »

Thanks for the post, Len!

I believe the lemon tea is also going to be canned and available at the LCBO from June onwards as a new general listing (as per their facebook page). However, I expect it will probably still be bottled as part of the upcoming mixed six.

I wonder whether the Taste of Belgium pack is going to be the one that we see at Christmas with Gulden Draak, etc. in it? Anyone know?

Paulaner oktoberfest should be amazing. The genre never seems to get a lot of praise, but this one is in BA's top 10 for its style: http://beeradvocate.com/beer/profile/124/386

I'm most excited about the Polish beer sampler.
:roll:

sstackho
Bar Fly

Post by sstackho »

Bobsy wrote: I wonder whether the Taste of Belgium pack is going to be the one that we see at Christmas with Gulden Draak, etc. in it? Anyone know?
Not likely, though the old "Taste of Belgium" pack on LCBO's website was a 3-pack with glassware.

http://lcbo.ca/lcbo-ear/lcbo/product/de ... ber=676494

TASTE OF BELGIUM
LCBO 676494 | 3x330 mL bottle
PRODUCT DISCONTINUED*

Price: $ 19.95
Beer, Ale/Lager
5.6% Alcohol/Vol.

Made in: Belgium, Belgium
By: N.V.Interbrew Belgium

Tasting Note
A special selection of Belgian brands including: Stella Artois, Hoegaarden and Leffe Blonde and their signature glassware, representing the finest of the Belgian brewing tradition.

Derek
Beer Superstar

Post by Derek »

I think this is the one Bobsy was thinking of:
http://lcbo.ca/lcbo-ear/lcbo/product/de ... ber=562397

The Christmas 6 pack would be weird, but a summer equivalent could be cool... couple of blondes, couple of wits, couple of fruit lambics?

NICE!

SteelbackGuy
Beer Superstar

Post by SteelbackGuy »

Derek wrote:
I think this is the one Bobsy was thinking of:
http://lcbo.ca/lcbo-ear/lcbo/product/de ... ber=562397

The Christmas 6 pack would be weird, but a summer equivalent could be cool... couple of blondes, couple of wits, couple of fruit lambics?

NICE!

Yeah, I figured you and Pootz would be all over that. I know I will be too.

Kel Varnsen
Bar Fly

Post by Kel Varnsen »

I am glad to see the number of mixed packs increasing. One of the things I like about buying beer anytime I get down to Ogdensburg or Watertown NY is that pretty much every small to medium sized brewery has a mixed or variety pack. It is a nice way to get a bunch of different stuff without taking the risk of buying 12 of something you might really hate.

GregClow
Beer Superstar

Post by GregClow »

SteelbackGuy wrote:Paulaner Oktoberfest Pack
That's not a "mixed pack", Len. What the hell kind of scam are you trying to pull here??!?!!???!! :evil:

Seriously, though - good to see the 'BO offering these sort of things outside of the holiday season. Hope it encourages more breweries/importers to offer mixed packs. I'd love to see some of the US mixed packs up here, like the Sam Adams ones.

GregClow
Beer Superstar

Post by GregClow »

Bobsy wrote:Paulaner oktoberfest should be amazing. The genre never seems to get a lot of praise, but this one is in BA's top 10 for its style: http://beeradvocate.com/beer/profile/124/386
Well rated on RB as well - in 95th percentile for the style, and 82nd percentile overall (which is pretty good for a lager on that site...):

http://www.ratebeer.com/beer/paulaner-oktoberfest/646/

RyanWright

Post by RyanWright »

Based on the description, I have to assume its the same pack I picked up at the airport in Munich on the way home from Oktoberfest 2008. It was a box with the Paulaner 1 litre (mass) stein and a 1 litre can of their Oktoberfest beer inserted into the stein. I still have the empty can at home. Great to see it coming to the lcbo later this year!

SteelbackGuy
Beer Superstar

Post by SteelbackGuy »

GregClow wrote:
SteelbackGuy wrote:Paulaner Oktoberfest Pack
That's not a "mixed pack", Len. What the hell kind of scam are you trying to pull here??!?!!???!! :evil:

I know it isn't a mixed pack, but I'm just forwarding info from our internal magazine. I just typed out the info word for word.