Looking for the original Bar Towel blog? You can find it at www.thebartowel.com.

We have a trivia question in order to register to prevent bots. If you have any issues with answering, contact us at cass@bartowel.com for help.

Introducing Light Mode! If you would like a Bar Towel social experience that isn't the traditional blue, you can now select Light Mode. Go to the User Control Panel and then Board Preferences, and select "Day Drinking" (Light Mode) from the My Board Style drop-down menu. You can always switch back to "Night Drinking" (Dark Mode). Enjoy!

Canuck Pale Ale @ LCBO

This forum is for discussing everything beer retail: LCBO, Beer Store, Grocery Stores and Indie Stores.

Moderators: Craig, Cass

JB

Canuck Pale Ale @ LCBO

Post by JB »

Hi all,

Select LCBO stores are now stocking a limited amount of our Canuck Pale Ale in time for Canada Day.

This west coast style pale ale was crafted with a ton of cascade hops, and has a noticeable bitterness backed up by a bready malt flavour.

It's in a 650ml bottle, $4.95 each.

Cheers!

velovampire
Seasoned Drinker

Post by velovampire »

JB wrote:Hi all,

Select LCBO stores are now stocking a limited amount of our Canuck Pale Ale in time for Canada Day.

This west coast style pale ale was crafted with a ton of cascade hops, and has a noticeable bitterness backed up by a bready malt flavour.

Cheers!
Cheers John! I picked up a few of these two days ago and the new batch is drinking very nicely. No presence of the diacetyl that I got off and on with the initial batch in the winter. Excellent local pale ale. I'll be buying more.

Belgian
Bar Towel Legend

Post by Belgian »

That is a nice bomber of fresh hop flavor for a generous price!
In Beerum Veritas

Bytowner
Seasoned Drinker

Post by Bytowner »

This one was really sessionable, should do well for the 1st.

cratez
Beer Superstar

Post by cratez »

JB wrote:Hi all,

Cheers!
I'd probably buy a half-case, John, but it's not available in London. Any chance of rectifying this?

mintjellie
Seasoned Drinker

Post by mintjellie »

So whats the consensus? Is this as gross as the first time around?

SteelbackGuy
Beer Superstar

Post by SteelbackGuy »

mintjellie wrote:So whats the consensus? Is this as gross as the first time around?
I don't think so. Seems they've fixed the initial problems. The first batch had was likely the most buttery flavour I've had in any beer, but the subsequent batches were always great.
If you`re reading this, there`s a 15% chance you`ve got a significant drinking problem. Get it fixed, get recovered!

sprague11
Seasoned Drinker

Post by sprague11 »

mintjellie wrote:So whats the consensus? Is this as gross as the first time around?
Mines drinking quite alright.

mintjellie
Seasoned Drinker

Post by mintjellie »

Maybe I'll give it a second chance. Maybe.

kwjd

Post by kwjd »

mintjellie wrote:Maybe I'll give it a second chance. Maybe.
I'm feeling the same way. I need to see a ton of positive reviews to even consider buying it again. It was a buttery mess of a drain pour in February.

velovampire
Seasoned Drinker

Post by velovampire »

kwjd wrote:
mintjellie wrote:Maybe I'll give it a second chance. Maybe.
I'm feeling the same way. I need to see a ton of positive reviews to even consider buying it again. It was a buttery mess of a drain pour in February.
No butter at all in the 4 bottles I've had so far from the new batch (I got it off and on - with a couple drain pours - in the winter bottling).

JB

Post by JB »

We're really happy with this batch of Canuck Pale Ale, and there's definitely no buttery taste. We've only got about half a skid left, so hopefully we'll have enough to take us through the weekend at the brewery.

As for London, unfortunately we weren't able to get out there in time with the limited quantities. I believe KW is as far west as we've gone with yet.

The Globe may be doing a piece on it in the next couple days, so if you're enjoying it, stock up before the general population gets wind of it.

Cheers!

mintjellie
Seasoned Drinker

Post by mintjellie »

Is it coming up to Barrie?

Yankee Jim

Post by Yankee Jim »

mintjellie wrote:Is it coming up to Barrie?
Already here my friend.

cfrancis
Bar Fly

Post by cfrancis »

I'll be popping this into the fridge for Canada day.