Looking for the original Bar Towel blog? You can find it at www.thebartowel.com.

We have a trivia question in order to register to prevent bots. If you have any issues with answering, contact us at cass@bartowel.com for help.

Introducing Light Mode! If you would like a Bar Towel social experience that isn't the traditional blue, you can now select Light Mode. Go to the User Control Panel and then Board Preferences, and select "Day Drinking" (Light Mode) from the My Board Style drop-down menu. You can always switch back to "Night Drinking" (Dark Mode). Enjoy!

Orval

This forum is for discussing everything beer retail: LCBO, Beer Store, Grocery Stores and Indie Stores.

Moderators: Craig, Cass

matt7215
Beer Superstar

Orval

Post by matt7215 »

its on the LCBO website, general list

http://www.lcbo.com/lcbo-ear/lcbo/produ ... ber=121574

biegaman
Bar Fly

Post by biegaman »

matt7215 wrote:its on the LCBO website, general list

http://www.lcbo.com/lcbo-ear/lcbo/produ ... ber=121574
Oh my god Oh my god Oh my god Oh my god Oh my god Oh my god Oh my god Oh my god Oh my god Oh my god Oh my god Oh my god Oh my god Oh my god Oh my god

Bobsy
Beer Superstar

Post by Bobsy »

If this is indeed a general list item then you've made my weekend. I could by this stuff by the flat.

SteelbackGuy
Beer Superstar

Post by SteelbackGuy »

I'll keep quiet and let you guys figure this out.
If you`re reading this, there`s a 15% chance you`ve got a significant drinking problem. Get it fixed, get recovered!

SteelbackGuy
Beer Superstar

Post by SteelbackGuy »

Naw that's mean.....theoretically, what if i said that there were 4800 bottles in the warehouse, that this was a new LCBO general list item priced at $3.50?
If you`re reading this, there`s a 15% chance you`ve got a significant drinking problem. Get it fixed, get recovered!

matt7215
Beer Superstar

Post by matt7215 »

SteelbackGuy wrote:Naw that's mean.....theoretically, what if i said that there were 4800 bottles in the warehouse, that this was a new LCBO general list item priced at $3.50?
just call my local store and ordered 4 12packs

phirleh
Seasoned Drinker

Post by phirleh »

Giggidy! I can guiltlessly enjoy some more of the bottles I've been hoarding from the case I bought last year, knowing they can be replaced.
Malam cerevisiam facieus in cathedram stercoris

"God don't want me yet, man, I got more feet to taste."
photos - http://www.flickr.com/photos/phirleh/se ... 039468171/

biegaman
Bar Fly

Post by biegaman »

SteelbackGuy wrote:Naw that's mean.....theoretically, what if i said that there were 4800 bottles in the warehouse, that this was a new LCBO general list item priced at $3.50?
There is a God.

mintjellie
Seasoned Drinker

Post by mintjellie »

manna from heaven. am i right?

GregClow
Beer Superstar

Post by GregClow »

SteelbackGuy wrote:theoretically, what if i said that there were 4800 bottles in the warehouse, that this was a new LCBO general list item priced at $3.50?
I would get a huge theoretical beer geek boner.

Theoretically.

sprague11
Seasoned Drinker

Post by sprague11 »

Good way to start the weekend!

SteelbackGuy
Beer Superstar

Post by SteelbackGuy »

GregClow wrote:
SteelbackGuy wrote:theoretically, what if i said that there were 4800 bottles in the warehouse, that this was a new LCBO general list item priced at $3.50?
I would get a huge theoretical beer geek boner.

Theoretically.
Well than bone up!

Belgian
Bar Towel Legend

Post by Belgian »

I am very surprised. I still have cases of the 2008. Not that this is a bad thing, as the batch was excellent and I've never regretted pouring an Orval!

Wow, if this trend continues we will all be able to order BBQ pig wings in a year or two...
In Beerum Veritas

acromion23

Post by acromion23 »

Praise Beer Jesus!
かんぱい。

Bobbyok
Bar Fly

Post by Bobbyok »

As someone who has lived in a province where Orval was a general list item, I can share your sense of joy. However I feel it necessary to warn you all that it hurts like hell when it gets de-listed. I suspect you will all do your best to keep that from happening though. As you were.