Looking for the original Bar Towel blog? You can find it at www.thebartowel.com.

We have a trivia question in order to register to prevent bots. If you have any issues with answering, contact us at cass@bartowel.com for help.

Introducing Light Mode! If you would like a Bar Towel social experience that isn't the traditional blue, you can now select Light Mode. Go to the User Control Panel and then Board Preferences, and select "Day Drinking" (Light Mode) from the My Board Style drop-down menu. You can always switch back to "Night Drinking" (Dark Mode). Enjoy!

Brasserie Dieu Du Ciel! Microbrewery Feature

This forum is for discussing everything beer retail: LCBO, Beer Store, Grocery Stores and Indie Stores.

Moderators: Craig, Cass

phat matt

Post by phat matt »

so will these be out friday on shelves? just wondering if there will be any hold up with the release.

Ukie
Bar Fly

Post by Ukie »

Phoned up a store that was on the release list a couple of days ago, since I will have to road trip and wanted to find out what day, how many of the 5 and how many bottles of each were coming in.

They said:

"What are you talking about?"

I explained and they said, mind you at the time, nothing in the system and nothing on order. But they did say that changes on a moments notice and sometimes the product just arrives.

I guess just keep checking the website or start a watch.

GregClow
Beer Superstar

Post by GregClow »

phat matt wrote:so will these be out friday on shelves? just wondering if there will be any hold up with the release.
Friday is the 13th, and the release isn't supposed to start until the 15th. Although that's a Sunday, so I'd guess that sometime next week is more likely.

Either way, none of them are showing up in the online inventory yet.

TJ

Post by TJ »

Just out of curiosity (and mounting excitement): What exactly will this entail?

An endcap display of DDC beers?

Or are these beers just going to show up at certain LCBOs all at the same time and be on shelves with little or no in-store signage or support...or what can I expect when I show up at the LCBO on Sunday?

Whatever the case I'm thinking I should probably call ahead and not be at all surprised by any ensuing cluelessness.

Ukie
Bar Fly

Post by Ukie »

GregClow wrote:
phat matt wrote:so will these be out friday on shelves? just wondering if there will be any hold up with the release.
Friday is the 13th, and the release isn't supposed to start until the 15th. Although that's a Sunday, so I'd guess that sometime next week is more likely.

Latest news on the DDC Watch is that they are in the warehouse, several thousand bottles of each, so I've been told. So if only 25 stores get them then probably at least 100 or so of each of the five per store, n'est ce pas?

saints_gambit
Bar Fly

Post by saints_gambit »

Which ought to be just enough Aphrodisiaque to put me in a blissful coma.
saintjohnswort.ca

ritzkiss

Post by ritzkiss »

With nothing in the system yet, I assume this means there is no way this debuts on time?

Keep6 Imports

Post by Keep6 Imports »

The DDC beers part of the feature are slightly delayed. Expect them to start hitting shelves this coming week.

Cheers!
KEEP6 IMPORTS
Imported Goods

http://keep6imports.com
info@keep6imports.com
@keep6imports on Twitter

ritzkiss

Post by ritzkiss »

hmh.negotiants wrote:The DDC beers part of the feature are slightly delayed. Expect them to start hitting shelves this coming week.

Cheers!
Thanks Tomas, looking forward to seeing (and drinking!) these.

Belgian
Bar Towel Legend

Post by Belgian »

GregClow wrote:

Derniere Volonte is now added, but none showing.

The Diable IPA, Volonte, Aphroditiaque ;) and Blanche du Paradis are all going to kick my ass. I only hope they can be bought in six-packs as well as singles.

Good luck with the DDC feature Thomas Ralph and Julian! I have no trouble supporting these fine products.
In Beerum Veritas

duckdown

Post by duckdown »

Hi folks! People may know me from other popular Food & Drink boards however I am a new user here :)

I am a huge fan of imported beers and have been to DDC! on a few occasions during recent trips to Montreal and always loved their beer. Huge fan of the Blanche du Paradis, and I think I'm even more eagerly awaiting their Aphrodisiasque (Aphrodite). And I have heard for a long time now that their Peche Mortel is godlike, but I have yet to try it. Needless to say I'm incredibly excited about this event and will drive to any LCBO I have to, all the way from here in Brampton, just to stock up.

But this leads me to my main question: Let's say I go all out and spend a couple hundred bucks on these various varieties, what kind of shelf life am I looking at here? I guess these won't be like the Unibroue beers which can last for literally years (I have ever heard of some people aging them!)?

I am a huge fan of beer but a just a novice when it comes to the technicalities of the subject, so if anybody can shed some light on this subject, I'd love to know!

Thanks in advance

Maybe I should have posed this question in its own thread?

cheers from Brampton!

Belgian
Bar Towel Legend

Post by Belgian »

Peche, Barley Wine, Abt I would imagine.

Others best fresh I assume.
In Beerum Veritas

ritzkiss

Post by ritzkiss »

The Peche ages awesomely, perhaps even better than fresh.

I am eagerly anticipating the Peche, Dernier, Aphrodite, and ABT!

Steve Beaumont

Post by Steve Beaumont »

Duckdown, I wouldn't suggest intentionally aging any of the five special release beers, ie: keeping them for a year or more. That said, however, in cellar conditions none but the Blanche will have a problem lasting well up to 6 months and probably well beyond. (Being the lightest and most fragile, the Blanche is definitely at most risk and one I would keep refrigerated from purchase.) What you may notice in the flavoured beers, however, is a gradual ebbing of their intensity over time.

The Peche, Rigor and Solstice, as others have noted, will likely age quite well under suitable conditions.

TJ

Post by TJ »

hmh.negotiants wrote:The DDC beers part of the feature are slightly delayed. Expect them to start hitting shelves this coming week.

Cheers!
Will the feature be given an extension as a result?