Looking for the original Bar Towel blog? You can find it at www.thebartowel.com.

We have a trivia question in order to register to prevent bots. If you have any issues with answering, contact us at cass@bartowel.com for help.

Introducing Light Mode! If you would like a Bar Towel social experience that isn't the traditional blue, you can now select Light Mode. Go to the User Control Panel and then Board Preferences, and select "Day Drinking" (Light Mode) from the My Board Style drop-down menu. You can always switch back to "Night Drinking" (Dark Mode). Enjoy!

Brasserie Dieu Du Ciel! Microbrewery Feature

This forum is for discussing everything beer retail: LCBO, Beer Store, Grocery Stores and Indie Stores.

Moderators: Craig, Cass

midlife crisis
Beer Superstar

Post by midlife crisis »

Join @hmhnegotiants at the Summerhill LCBO tomorrow afternoon at 1:00pm kicking off the #ddcfeature
Yes, and now they've also posted a picture of a very attractive looking display with notes on the four beers, etc. Looks like the roll-out has begun!

Number8

Post by Number8 »

Just came back from the LCBO in Grimsby that is located on Elm St. They have about 30-40 bottles of Blanche du Paradis and they are going to get another DDC beer. I talked to the lady that orders the beer there, but she is leaving and does not know which other one will be ordered. It's up to the new guy that is coming in. Just thought I would give a heads up to anyone who is from that area.

Ukie
Bar Fly

Post by Ukie »

Number8 wrote:Just came back from the LCBO in Grimsby that is located on Elm St. They have about 30-40 bottles of Blanche du Paradis and they are going to get another DDC beer. I talked to the lady that orders the beer there, but she is leaving and does not know which other one will be ordered. It's up to the new guy that is coming in. Just thought I would give a heads up to anyone who is from that area.
Nice to see its showing up elsewhere. Thanks for shaing, was going to make a run but they are down to 18 now.

phat matt

Post by phat matt »

Stopped by the grimsby store this morning and grabbed a sixer of it. They had like 7 left when I was leaving. Cant wait to see which other one shows up there.

zane9

Post by zane9 »

Last Saturday, I cleaned out the Milton store of its massive stock of Corne du Diable..3 bottles!

It's a wonderful IPA. More, please.

Belgian
Bar Towel Legend

Post by Belgian »

SteelbackGuy wrote:
Funny. There are only a few hoarding assholes around here, so stuff usually sticks around a bit.
Regardless all I meant was the panic is usually made to look silly in a week or two. This won't be like the time the LCBO ran out of Dogfish Head 60 in six days (that's probably Josh Rubin's fault LOL.)
In Beerum Veritas

SteelbackGuy
Beer Superstar

Post by SteelbackGuy »

Belgian wrote:
SteelbackGuy wrote:
Funny. There are only a few hoarding assholes around here, so stuff usually sticks around a bit.
Regardless all I meant was the panic is usually made to look silly in a week or two. This won't be like the time the LCBO ran out of Dogfish Head 60 in six days (that's probably Josh Rubin's fault LOL.)

Ohh I know what you mean and agree. The panic to rush out to buy a beer is absolutely silly, but I guess it happens with the vintages releases too....not that it makes the panic ok, it still is a bit strange.
If you`re reading this, there`s a 15% chance you`ve got a significant drinking problem. Get it fixed, get recovered!

Ukie
Bar Fly

Post by Ukie »

SteelbackGuy wrote:The panic to rush out to buy a beer is absolutely silly, but I guess it happens with the vintages releases too....not that it makes the panic ok, it still is a bit strange.
I agree, but its what we live for and it just makes the beer taste that much better.

Reminds me of the old movies where the scruffy character runs into the saloon yelling "They found gold in them thar hills!" only in our case "The LC just got DFH 120 in".

Belgian
Bar Towel Legend

Post by Belgian »

SteelbackGuy wrote: Ohh I know what you mean and agree. The panic to rush out to buy a beer is absolutely silly, but I guess it happens with the vintages releases too....not that it makes the panic ok, it still is a bit strange.
It's pragmatic sometimes. With our stunningly overpriced VINTAGES wines, anything that has an amazing Quality / Price Ratio (remember Chateau de Brie?) can vanish in a couple days so people who get burned a few times decide to get a jump on it the next time.

Which means they have a real dilemma - A) buy a bottle before noon, go home to try it immediately and if it's great run back to the LC the same day for more** or B) buy a case before trying the wine, with the intention of returning it all if they don't like it so much.

Luckily, beer is much easier to duplicate than wine so that at least a sold-out order can be replaced. The finite nature of a wine vintage (when sold it's impossible to make more) is something beer afficionados don't need to worry as much about.

** hey it's a good thing the LCBO does not promote panicked drinking and driving among value-seeking wine lovers!!
In Beerum Veritas

iguenard
Seasoned Drinker

Post by iguenard »

Ukie wrote:
SteelbackGuy wrote:The panic to rush out to buy a beer is absolutely silly, but I guess it happens with the vintages releases too....not that it makes the panic ok, it still is a bit strange.
I agree, but its what we live for and it just makes the beer taste that much better.

Reminds me of the old movies where the scruffy character runs into the saloon yelling "They found gold in them thar hills!" only in our case "The LC just got DFH 120 in".
In that case, I'd be the guy up at the front shooting at the sky on his horse while pushing old ladies into empty barrels and chicken cages.

Belgian
Bar Towel Legend

Post by Belgian »

Well then I'd be the kndly old sheriff stumbling outside of the jailhouse, dancing around to avoid the ricocheting bullets, nearly losing my balance and my hat, then scrambling back inside again.
In Beerum Veritas

Ukie
Bar Fly

Post by Ukie »

Big time inventory on 4 products:

"Theres gold in them thar hills!"

ritzkiss

Post by ritzkiss »

The first haul of this feature is chilling in the fridge - love me some Dernier Volonte! At Summerhill there was a gaping hole next to the sticker for Corne...

icemachine
Beer Superstar

Post by icemachine »

Still nothing north of Eglinton, let alone Steeles.
"Everything ... is happening" - Bob Cole

velovampire
Seasoned Drinker

Post by velovampire »

ritzkiss wrote:The first haul of this feature is chilling in the fridge - love me some Dernier Volonte! At Summerhill there was a gaping hole next to the sticker for Corne...
A Cornehole? Sorry, I had to...