Looking for the original Bar Towel blog? You can find it at www.thebartowel.com.

We have a trivia question in order to register to prevent bots. If you have any issues with answering, contact us at cass@bartowel.com for help.

Introducing Light Mode! If you would like a Bar Towel social experience that isn't the traditional blue, you can now select Light Mode. Go to the User Control Panel and then Board Preferences, and select "Day Drinking" (Light Mode) from the My Board Style drop-down menu. You can always switch back to "Night Drinking" (Dark Mode). Enjoy!

LCBO Autumn Ales 2010

This forum is for discussing everything beer retail: LCBO, Beer Store, Grocery Stores and Indie Stores.

Moderators: Craig, Cass

SteelbackGuy
Beer Superstar

Post by SteelbackGuy »

PeenSteen wrote:
saints_gambit wrote:
SteelbackGuy wrote:I don't give a rat's ass about any of these damn beers except for the smoked oatmeal.
You poor, delusional man.
I think he may have been joking...

Also, I did also try the smoked oatmeal stout and even though it was bad I thought it would be awful. I guess you can say it exceeded my expectations....still bad though

Hey, at least someone got the fact that I was joking. On a more serious note, I am so full of DDc beers fresh from the tap, I don't give a rats ass about the entire release!!!!!!! Ahhhh yeah
If you`re reading this, there`s a 15% chance you`ve got a significant drinking problem. Get it fixed, get recovered!

Belgian
Bar Towel Legend

Post by Belgian »

saints_gambit wrote:
SteelbackGuy wrote:I don't give a rat's ass about any of these damn beers except for the smoked oatmeal.
Yeah. Everybody knows Beau's Lug Tread is the best beer in Ontario!!!
Last edited by Belgian on Sun Sep 19, 2010 1:36 am, edited 1 time in total.
In Beerum Veritas

notdan

Post by notdan »

Belgian wrote:
saints_gambit wrote:
Yeah. Everybody knows Beau's Lug Tread is the best beer in Ontario!!! :wink:
I like Lug Tread :(

cratez
Beer Superstar

Post by cratez »

GregClow wrote: It was included in the media tasting last Friday, so unless something has happened in the last few days, it should be in the release.
Well that's a relief! How's it tasting?

GregClow
Beer Superstar

Post by GregClow »

cratez wrote:
GregClow wrote: It was included in the media tasting last Friday, so unless something has happened in the last few days, it should be in the release.
Well that's a relief! How's it tasting?
Pretty damn good. Here are my notes on the whole release (well, all but two of them, as I explain at the end...) - http://www.tasteto.com/2010/09/14/the-ales-of-autumn/

cratez
Beer Superstar

Post by cratez »

GregClow wrote: Pretty damn good. Here are my notes on the whole release (well, all but two of them, as I explain at the end...) - http://www.tasteto.com/2010/09/14/the-ales-of-autumn/
As usual a very nice breakdown Greg. Thanks for the updates.

markaberrant
Seasoned Drinker

Post by markaberrant »

Anyone know when the Belhaven Scottish Stout will be in stock? I just got a reply from an agent telling me to "check back in the new year."

JesseM
Seasoned Drinker

Post by JesseM »

markaberrant wrote:Anyone know when the Belhaven Scottish Stout will be in stock? I just got a reply from an agent telling me to "check back in the new year."
That sounds about right. Peak month for the fall release is December usually, with the remaining products rolling in around January.

Also, the Wychcraft sucks ass. I'm actually kind of impressed how pieces of crap such as this get chosen over countless better British beers. Thanks LCBO! :)

TheSevenDuffs
Beer Superstar

Post by TheSevenDuffs »

JesseM wrote:
markaberrant wrote:Anyone know when the Belhaven Scottish Stout will be in stock? I just got a reply from an agent telling me to "check back in the new year."
That sounds about right. Peak month for the fall release is December usually, with the remaining products rolling in around January.

Also, the Wychcraft sucks ass. I'm actually kind of impressed how pieces of crap such as this get chosen over countless better British beers. Thanks LCBO! :)
So we are unlikely to see most of these until December? If so, that is very disappointing. Can the same be said for the Halloween release?

cannondale
Bar Fly

Post by cannondale »

TheSevenDuffs wrote:So we are unlikely to see most of these until December? If so, that is very disappointing. Can the same be said for the Halloween release?
No. Profound cynicism is par for the course in these parts. Some of the fall beers are already available, and you can rest assured that the rest will continue to trickle in.
Never attribute to malice that which is adequately explained by stupidity.

TheSevenDuffs
Beer Superstar

Post by TheSevenDuffs »

cannondale wrote:
TheSevenDuffs wrote:So we are unlikely to see most of these until December? If so, that is very disappointing. Can the same be said for the Halloween release?
No. Profound cynicism is par for the course in these parts. Some of the fall beers are already available, and you can rest assured that the rest will continue to trickle in.
Thanks. I have been watching the inventory trickle in on drinkvine.com and so far hasn't exactly been a great showing in the first week of the fall release. Here's to hoping that we see the Garrison IIPA, Peche Mortel, Pumking and Chokolat sooner rather than later.

GregClow
Beer Superstar

Post by GregClow »

GregClow wrote:
cratez wrote:I'm also a bit concerned by the absence of a picture for the Dark Star Espresso Stout. Really hoping it's just been delayed and is not "the one that doesn't show up." :-?
It was included in the media tasting last Friday, so unless something has happened in the last few days, it should be in the release.
Dark Star is appearing in the LCBO online inventory now, and is available in several stores, including Laird & Eglinton in Toronto. I expect it'll roll out to more stores in the coming week.

Ukie
Bar Fly

Post by Ukie »

Muskoka Havest Ale #173641 appears online but no stores with inventory.

Its showing as a 750 ml bottle but with a price of $7.95. Correct?

http://www.lcbo.com/lcbo-ear/lcbo/produ ... ber=173641

Cass
Beer Superstar

Post by Cass »

I'm happy to say that after a little back-and-forth the Garrison IIPA is showing up in inventory...should be hitting soon!

http://lcbo.com/lcbo-ear/lcbo/product/d ... ber=173658

Belgian
Bar Towel Legend

Post by Belgian »

Cass wrote:I'm happy to say that after a little back-and-forth the Garrison IIPA is showing up in inventory...
It's a nice one, for sure looking forward to some hoppy sessions.

What I like about well-made IPAs is each one has its own strong personality, and I have to adjust a little to each one but then there's nothing like it (Little Scrapper and Corne du Diable are also like that.)
In Beerum Veritas