Looking for the original Bar Towel blog? You can find it at www.thebartowel.com.

We have a trivia question in order to register to prevent bots. If you have any issues with answering, contact us at cass@bartowel.com for help.

Introducing Light Mode! If you would like a Bar Towel social experience that isn't the traditional blue, you can now select Light Mode. Go to the User Control Panel and then Board Preferences, and select "Day Drinking" (Light Mode) from the My Board Style drop-down menu. You can always switch back to "Night Drinking" (Dark Mode). Enjoy!

Fuller's 1845

This forum is for discussing everything beer retail: LCBO, Beer Store, Grocery Stores and Indie Stores.

Moderators: Craig, Cass

austin

Fuller's 1845

Post by austin »

Anybody else miss Fuller's 1845? This was a regular on the fall release....quality stuff that aged very well.

biegaman
Bar Fly

Post by biegaman »

austin wrote:Anybody else miss Fuller's 1845?
All the time... :cry:

icemachine
Beer Superstar

Post by icemachine »

I think I've got 1 or 2 left, they're so delicious
"Everything ... is happening" - Bob Cole

lagerale

Post by lagerale »

Funny, I just had one of my last remaining 1845 on Sunday and was just thinking they should bring it back. It's a great beer.

The_Jester
Bar Fly

Post by The_Jester »

Had my second-last bottle last night. Still a great beer, but I don't think that further aging is going to help. It seems to have peaked about six months ago.
"The time for delay is over, we need to address the threat of climate change activism immediately if we hope to protect the future prosperity of our children’s employers." Scott Vrooman

biegaman
Bar Fly

Post by biegaman »

A good consolation beer - if you have access to it, only a few LCBOs seem to stock it regularly - is the Brakspear Triple. I definitely prefer the 1845 but, like it, that Brakspear has a standing invitation to my cellar anytime.

Kel Varnsen
Bar Fly

Post by Kel Varnsen »

I am surprised that the LCBO doesn't carry more Fuller's products. I mean anytime I go into just about any LCBO they always seem to have a ton of London Pride and ESB, which would lead me to believe they sell pretty well (otherwise why would they order more)? So if that is the case, why not start bringing in 1845, or Honey Dew or the Brewer's Reserve (or some of the seasonals)?

biegaman
Bar Fly

Post by biegaman »

Does anyone know who the rep is for Fuller's?

icemachine
Beer Superstar

Post by icemachine »

biegaman wrote:Does anyone know who the rep is for Fuller's?
http://www.premierbrands.ca/

I emailed them about a year ago, no response.

biegaman
Bar Fly

Post by biegaman »

icemachine wrote:

Thanks. I was just curious because you'd have to think if the Porter, ESB and Pride were good sellers, and the seasonals experienced good success, that it would benefit them to try and get another brand or two permanently listed?!?! Maybe it's the bottles that's the problem? The three year-round listings are all in cans. coincidence?

Kel Varnsen
Bar Fly

Post by Kel Varnsen »

biegaman wrote:
icemachine wrote:

Thanks. I was just curious because you'd have to think if the Porter, ESB and Pride were good sellers, and the seasonals experienced good success, that it would benefit them to try and get another brand or two permanently listed?!?! Maybe it's the bottles that's the problem? The three year-round listings are all in cans. coincidence?
I noticed last time I was in a Gatineau SAQ that London Pride, ESB and Poter all come in Bottles in Quebec. Not sure if that means anything, other than the fact that bottles do get shipped to North America at least.

icemachine
Beer Superstar

Post by icemachine »

Kel Varnsen wrote:
biegaman wrote:
icemachine wrote: http://www.premierbrands.ca/

I noticed last time I was in a Gatineau SAQ that London Pride, ESB and Poter all come in Bottles in Quebec. Not sure if that means anything, other than the fact that bottles do get shipped to North America at least.
Premier's website says offices in Ontario, Alberta and B.C., so maybe they don't represent the QC market

jaymack

Post by jaymack »

Got a bottle of the Golden Pride in my fridge Im trying to save because when it's gone, it's gone. Definitely a fan of Fuller's and would love to see more.