Looking for the original Bar Towel blog? You can find it at www.thebartowel.com.

We have a trivia question in order to register to prevent bots. If you have any issues with answering, contact us at cass@bartowel.com for help.

Introducing Light Mode! If you would like a Bar Towel social experience that isn't the traditional blue, you can now select Light Mode. Go to the User Control Panel and then Board Preferences, and select "Day Drinking" (Light Mode) from the My Board Style drop-down menu. You can always switch back to "Night Drinking" (Dark Mode). Enjoy!

LCBO Beer Transfer Rules

This forum is for discussing everything beer retail: LCBO, Beer Store, Grocery Stores and Indie Stores.

Moderators: Craig, Cass

mintjellie
Seasoned Drinker

Post by mintjellie »

Why not ask her if she could start ordering a few cases of some of the seasonal stuff in the first place? I can't imagine you're the only one who would be interested in these products.

Ukie
Bar Fly

Post by Ukie »

mintjellie wrote:Why not ask her if she could start ordering a few cases of some of the seasonal stuff in the first place? I can't imagine you're the only one who would be interested in these products.
This is exactly what I have found. I will go into one of my local stores and start asking questions and it turns out I'm not the only one looking for seasonals. I don't know how many BT'ers live in the Hamilton area but I figure if you are in the know you are a BT'er or should be.

Like the other post if they bring in something because I have asked I will usually buy most of it and leave some for others just in case and then in a week or two go back and clean them out. Very rarely do I get to go back a second time because the product is long gone.

Regarding transfers its not something I've done but it may be an option.
I'm getting tired of the road trips, the phone calls, the begging and pleading and the song and dance you get in return. Might be time to find a sympathetic manager and just order a case of whatever and trade some of it off to others in my position in my area.

PeenSteen
Bar Fly

Post by PeenSteen »

Its all a matter of who you talk to when your there. I transfered 12 bottles of Russian Gun from Peterborough to my store, not because anyone wanted it. Most things unless delisted can be ordered by any store at any time. A manager or CSR or Full timer would be a real dick to not order 1 case if a customer is even looking for 3-4 bottles or 1 six pack or whatever. If they say no ask to speak to a District Manager or customer service, and believe me it will be done. So usually a transfer is not necessary for beer because 95% of the time it is available at any given warehouse. As far as a minimum goes there isn't one, 2-3 bottles of Vintage wine (not even expensive stuff) get transfered daily from my store with no questions asked.

SteelbackGuy
Beer Superstar

Post by SteelbackGuy »

PeenSteen wrote:Its all a matter of who you talk to when your there. I transfered 12 bottles of Russian Gun from Peterborough to my store, not because anyone wanted it. Most things unless delisted can be ordered by any store at any time. A manager or CSR or Full timer would be a real dick to not order 1 case if a customer is even looking for 3-4 bottles or 1 six pack or whatever. If they say no ask to speak to a District Manager or customer service, and believe me it will be done. So usually a transfer is not necessary for beer because 95% of the time it is available at any given warehouse. As far as a minimum goes there isn't one, 2-3 bottles of Vintage wine (not even expensive stuff) get transfered daily from my store with no questions asked.

My colleague speaks the truth.

What say you Peensteen? FT? Casual? PC? What's your status? You don't sound like a full time employee or manager because you actually make sense.
If you`re reading this, there`s a 15% chance you`ve got a significant drinking problem. Get it fixed, get recovered!

PeenSteen
Bar Fly

Post by PeenSteen »

SteelbackGuy wrote:
PeenSteen wrote:Its all a matter of who you talk to when your there. I transfered 12 bottles of Russian Gun from Peterborough to my store, not because anyone wanted it. Most things unless delisted can be ordered by any store at any time. A manager or CSR or Full timer would be a real dick to not order 1 case if a customer is even looking for 3-4 bottles or 1 six pack or whatever. If they say no ask to speak to a District Manager or customer service, and believe me it will be done. So usually a transfer is not necessary for beer because 95% of the time it is available at any given warehouse. As far as a minimum goes there isn't one, 2-3 bottles of Vintage wine (not even expensive stuff) get transfered daily from my store with no questions asked.

My colleague speaks the truth.

What say you Peensteen? FT? Casual? PC? What's your status? You don't sound like a full time employee or manager because you actually make sense.
haha....yeah just casual.