Looking for the original Bar Towel blog? You can find it at www.thebartowel.com.

We have a trivia question in order to register to prevent bots. If you have any issues with answering, contact us at cass@bartowel.com for help.

Introducing Light Mode! If you would like a Bar Towel social experience that isn't the traditional blue, you can now select Light Mode. Go to the User Control Panel and then Board Preferences, and select "Day Drinking" (Light Mode) from the My Board Style drop-down menu. You can always switch back to "Night Drinking" (Dark Mode). Enjoy!

Sam Adams in Ontario 2010/2011

This forum is for discussing everything beer retail: LCBO, Beer Store, Grocery Stores and Indie Stores.

Moderators: Craig, Cass

icemachine
Beer Superstar

Post by icemachine »

Cass wrote:Here's the latest on Utopias. Luck of the draw!
The LCBO has purchased 70 bottles (710 mL) of Utopias for customers. It will retail for $114.95 per 710 mL bottle. Due to the extremely limited availability of this product, and to ensure all customers have an equal opportunity to purchase it, the LCBO will be offering Utopias via online and telephone orders only – not in LCBO stores.

Orders received by the assigned deadline will be randomly selected. This is the same process that the LCBO uses to offer rare, limited-edition wines through its Vintages fine wine and premium spirits business unit.

The LCBO will accept orders starting January 6, 2011 at 9:00 a.m. up until 6:00 p.m. on January 13, 2011. Given the very limited availability of this product, only one order per customer will be accepted and allocation will be limited to one bottle per customer. We regret that we cannot guarantee that all orders will be filled. Orders randomly selected will be confirmed by either telephone or email on or after January 17, 2011. Orders will be shipped to the LCBO store of the customer’s choice at no extra charge.

Order by Online Form

Submit your order before the deadline using Vintages new Direct Sales Online form. Sign up today for your Online Direct Sales account at www.vintagesshoponline.com.

Order by Telephone

Submit your order before the deadline by calling Vintages Sales Centre at 416 365-5767, or toll free 1-800-266-4764, Monday to Saturday, 9:00 a.m. to 6:00 p.m.

So its like a moose tag, we get a pool going and everyone enters the draw....
"Everything ... is happening" - Bob Cole

Cass
Beer Superstar

Post by Cass »

It might be a good idea to get a "Bar Towel group" together so if anyone in the group wins we have a tasting party!

GregClow
Beer Superstar

Post by GregClow »

Cass wrote:It might be a good idea to get a "Bar Towel group" together so if anyone in the group wins we have a tasting party!
I'd be up for that.

kwjd

Post by kwjd »

I'm putting my name in the lottery for this. I'd be up for a group tasting if I get a bottle (or if someone else does).

icemachine
Beer Superstar

Post by icemachine »

I'm definitely in too.
"Everything ... is happening" - Bob Cole

Cass
Beer Superstar

Post by Cass »

Oh Josh, why must you make it harder for the rest of us... :-)

http://www.thestar.com/living/food/arti ... ery-ticket

sprague11
Seasoned Drinker

Post by sprague11 »

I'll be putting my name in the lottery and will happily bring it to some point in Toronto for a tasting if I get chosen.

Belgian
Bar Towel Legend

Post by Belgian »

GregClow wrote:
Cass wrote:It might be a good idea to get a "Bar Towel group" together so if anyone in the group wins we have a tasting party!
I'd be up for that.
I WAS going to suggest that, but I wasn't quite geeky enough. :oops: I am sorry.

At any rate, I would contribute to a split of this beer - and I vote we give Cass the empty bottle just because he is such a beer guy. If that all works?
In Beerum Veritas

shintriad
Bar Fly

Post by shintriad »

I'm in. Hope I don't miss the chance to enter the lottery!

saints_gambit
Bar Fly

Post by saints_gambit »

http://saintjohnswort.ca/2010/12/22/sam ... ouncement/

There are better things you can spend $115.00 on.
saintjohnswort.ca

Cass
Beer Superstar

Post by Cass »

Belgian wrote:and I vote we give Cass the empty bottle just because he is such a beer guy. If that all works?
Ha, I actually only want the bottle :-)

northyorksammy
Seasoned Drinker

Post by northyorksammy »

i'll take an empty bottle for my collection

SteelbackGuy
Beer Superstar

Post by SteelbackGuy »

northyorksammy wrote:i'll take an empty bottle for my collection

Mmmmmmmmmmmm empty bottles!
If you`re reading this, there`s a 15% chance you`ve got a significant drinking problem. Get it fixed, get recovered!

PeenSteen
Bar Fly

Post by PeenSteen »

I'm down all kinds, If i get one I will let you all know

Belgian
Bar Towel Legend

Post by Belgian »

I bet if you chilled Utopias in the freezer you could chug it down with less aftertaste.

Bidding's open now, and it is a frenzy - good luck.
In Beerum Veritas