Looking for the original Bar Towel blog? You can find it at www.thebartowel.com.

We have a trivia question in order to register to prevent bots. If you have any issues with answering, contact us at cass@bartowel.com for help.

Introducing Light Mode! If you would like a Bar Towel social experience that isn't the traditional blue, you can now select Light Mode. Go to the User Control Panel and then Board Preferences, and select "Day Drinking" (Light Mode) from the My Board Style drop-down menu. You can always switch back to "Night Drinking" (Dark Mode). Enjoy!

LCBO Winter Warmers 2010

This forum is for discussing everything beer retail: LCBO, Beer Store, Grocery Stores and Indie Stores.

Moderators: Craig, Cass

velovampire
Seasoned Drinker

Post by velovampire »

Picked up a couple Traquair at Brock St. today. The only inventory showing online is Kingston, but it looks like it's a day or two away from being city-wide here.

PeenSteen
Bar Fly

Post by PeenSteen »

Jacobite is also at Yonge and Eg as of this morning

sprague11
Seasoned Drinker

Post by sprague11 »

Loads of it up here in newmarket and Aurora - Grabbed 6 earlier.

chico

Post by chico »

How come that the Southern tier crème brulée - Marston's oyster stout - Lava smoked imperial stout - Meantime coffee porter are not available in the ottawa region?

SteelbackGuy
Beer Superstar

Post by SteelbackGuy »

chico wrote:How come that the Southern tier crème brulée - Marston's oyster stout - Lava smoked imperial stout - Meantime coffee porter are not available in the ottawa region?
Because Leafs fans are doing what they can to keep the Senators fans down. Don't worry about it. You'll get the beer eventually, and as an added bonus, you'll never have to sacrifice your pride to the blue and white! Holla!
If you`re reading this, there`s a 15% chance you`ve got a significant drinking problem. Get it fixed, get recovered!

Zuma

Post by Zuma »

chico wrote:How come that the Southern tier crème brulée - Marston's oyster stout - Lava smoked imperial stout - Meantime coffee porter are not available in the ottawa region?
The past couple of releases have been slower than usual to make it to the Ottawa region. Also, some, like the Southern Tier Pumking, only showed up in very limited supply. ...I think about 36 of the Pumpkin arrived. This makes for some very bare shelves as 36 bottles does not go very far in a population of 1 million people.

Obviously, keep your eye out for new arrivals as some have showed up almost a month after TO.

aser

Post by aser »

I felt the Lava was a big waste of money, didn't enjoy it much.

SteelbackGuy
Beer Superstar

Post by SteelbackGuy »

aser wrote:I felt the Lava was a big waste of money, didn't enjoy it much.
COuld you expand on this? What did you not like about it? I am very curious......bi-curious even
If you`re reading this, there`s a 15% chance you`ve got a significant drinking problem. Get it fixed, get recovered!

iguenard
Seasoned Drinker

Post by iguenard »

Zuma wrote:
The past couple of releases have been slower than usual to make it to the Ottawa region. Also, some, like the Southern Tier Pumking, only showed up in very limited supply. ...I think about 36 of the Pumpkin arrived. This makes for some very bare shelves as 36 bottles does not go very far in a population of 1 million people.

Obviously, keep your eye out for new arrivals as some have showed up almost a month after TO.
I concur wholeheartedly with this post. With several brewpubs open, and with the massive selection of Quebec beers now available, the Ottawa beer market is very healthy, and a shipment of 36 pumpkings and little to no Choklat is insulting to say the least.

Meanwhile, at Rideau/Kind-Ed, he shelves display 6 Trafalgars going back to spring releases.

Bring in more interesting selections and you wont get stuck with your product.

Belgian
Bar Towel Legend

Post by Belgian »

iguenard wrote: ... a shipment of 36 pumpkings and little to no Choklat is insulting to say the least.

Meanwhile, at Rideau/Kind-Ed, he shelves display 6 Trafalgars going back to spring releases.

"Hmm, Trafalgar doesn't sell worth a damn in Ottertown, maybe Choklat and Pumking won't move in that market either..."

I can hear the wheels turning in the great LC minds. Brilliant, innovative business thinking.
In Beerum Veritas

JesseM
Seasoned Drinker

Post by JesseM »

Belgian wrote:
iguenard wrote: ... a shipment of 36 pumpkings and little to no Choklat is insulting to say the least.

"Hmm, Trafalgar doesn't sell worth a damn in Ottertown, maybe Choklat and Pumking won't move in that market either..."

I can hear the wheels turning in the great LC minds. Brilliant, innovative business thinking.
"After hundreds of thousands of dollars in research done over literally thousands of minutes, we have concluded that people in Ottawa just don't like 'them dark beers'..."

sprague11
Seasoned Drinker

Post by sprague11 »

Box Steam seems to be in several stores West of Toronto.

phat matt

Post by phat matt »

Also saw some box stream dark and handsome at the niagara falls ferry street lcbo this afternoon. Lots of all the seasonals there if anyone in the the area is wondering. the only one i didnt see was the st b 12.

MasterChiefP

Post by MasterChiefP »

Anyone know when we might see St. Bernardus ABT 12 at the LCBO? Was hoping this would be available by Christmas but time seems to be running out.

Paul

SteelbackGuy
Beer Superstar

Post by SteelbackGuy »

MasterChiefP wrote:Anyone know when we might see St. Bernardus ABT 12 at the LCBO? Was hoping this would be available by Christmas but time seems to be running out.

Paul

Another Londoner on the forums, excellent.........we are the true beer lovers, and will assimilate the T dot soon.

No word on the St B, but rest assured if you want some contact me, and I will poach it from GTA stores at their expense.