Looking for the original Bar Towel blog? You can find it at www.thebartowel.com.

We have a trivia question in order to register to prevent bots. If you have any issues with answering, contact us at cass@bartowel.com for help.

Introducing Light Mode! If you would like a Bar Towel social experience that isn't the traditional blue, you can now select Light Mode. Go to the User Control Panel and then Board Preferences, and select "Day Drinking" (Light Mode) from the My Board Style drop-down menu. You can always switch back to "Night Drinking" (Dark Mode). Enjoy!

Denied a product at the LCBO.

This forum is for discussing everything beer retail: LCBO, Beer Store, Grocery Stores and Indie Stores.

Moderators: Craig, Cass

cattersley

Denied a product at the LCBO.

Post by cattersley »

Thought members would get a kick out of this story. I live in Durham region, and the Ola Duhb 12,16,18,30,40 are all in Toronto. So I called up my local to see if they could send 2 of each to the store near me. The store contacted Queens Quay, they have over 200 of each, theyre beer guy said no problem. The stored called me back last week, saying it would take a week to get here. I talked to them today, and my local store said the manager of Queens Quay called them and said that he would not authorize sending 10 bottles out from his store, and gave then and excuse, and wouldn't budge. My local store called there regional manager and to transfer stock from one store to another, both stores have to agree to it, and they suggested that I called the LCBO customer service, and lodge a complaint. I did do so, and it is going to take until next Wednesday to find out what will happen next. Needless to say, I have found this to all be quite annoying. Stay tuned...

- cattersley.

Yello to Mello

Post by Yello to Mello »

It does suck when that happens. Sometimes it works the other way and the manager at your local store will deny the transfer request. They will if its a big ticket item and in your case 2 of each of those beers totals over $100.

I need to ask my local store for 2x Amrut (Indian Whisky) from other stores. No way I want to face the traffic in Brampton -- which has the most accidents in Ontario. They placed the product in all the stores where there are high Indian populations.
The Maple Leaf Lounge (Canadian whisky forum): http://www.whiskywhiskywhisky.com/forum ... .php?f=204

Derek
Beer Superstar

Post by Derek »

I thought you had to order a case for an inter-store transfer?

Gedge
Bar Fly

Post by Gedge »

I ordered 6 Highlander Pale Ale at the Front St. LCBO and didn't have a problem (turns out they brought in a full case and put the remainder on the shelf).

SteelbackGuy
Beer Superstar

Post by SteelbackGuy »

cattersley wrote:Thought members would get a kick out of this story. I live in Durham region, and the Ola Duhb 12,16,18,30,40 are all in Toronto. So I called up my local to see if they could send 2 of each to the store near me. The store contacted Queens Quay, they have over 200 of each, theyre beer guy said no problem. The stored called me back last week, saying it would take a week to get here. I talked to them today, and my local store said the manager of Queens Quay called them and said that he would not authorize sending 10 bottles out from his store, and gave then and excuse, and wouldn't budge. My local store called there regional manager and to transfer stock from one store to another, both stores have to agree to it, and they suggested that I called the LCBO customer service, and lodge a complaint. I did do so, and it is going to take until next Wednesday to find out what will happen next. Needless to say, I have found this to all be quite annoying. Stay tuned...

- cattersley.

The manager of the Queens Quay store has no authority to "not authorize" a transfer.That is a complete pile of crap , and whoever is telling you that is lying. Also, it doesn't take till "next Wednesday" to file a complaint and to get an answer. Something here does not make sense. Who are you dealing with?
If you`re reading this, there`s a 15% chance you`ve got a significant drinking problem. Get it fixed, get recovered!

cattersley

Post by cattersley »

I talked to an associate at my local. His manager was told by the manager at Queens Quay no dice. He wouldn't transfer it, and gave some lame excuse (LCBO employees words). That employee then followed this up by calling the Oshawa regional manager, and it was him that said that both managers had to agree to the transfer, and to push this matter further my best beat was to talk to LCBO customer service (1-800-LCBO...). So I called, lodged an official complaint, this was Friday afternoon, and the young lady on the phone said that an investigation would take place, and someone would contact me at the latest of Wednesday of next week... so I await for something to happen.

- cattersley.

Roland + Russell

Post by Roland + Russell »

Yello to Mello wrote:It does suck when that happens. Sometimes it works the other way and the manager at your local store will deny the transfer request. They will if its a big ticket item and in your case 2 of each of those beers totals over $100.

I need to ask my local store for 2x Amrut (Indian Whisky) from other stores. No way I want to face the traffic in Brampton -- which has the most accidents in Ontario. They placed the product in all the stores where there are high Indian populations.
As we are the Ontario agents for Amrut, please let us know if you have any difficulty getting this stuff.

Kind regards,
Roland + Russell
Roland + Russell
www.rolandandrussell.com
twitter.com/RolandRussell

mahcinesquad

Post by mahcinesquad »

Derek wrote:I thought you had to order a case for an inter-store transfer?
That's been my experience as well. Whenever I've wanted stuff brought in, I've always been told that I need to purchase at least a case. I can understand that.

The_Jester
Bar Fly

Post by The_Jester »

Whenever I've asked for beers to be brought in for me at my local, I'm not even asked how many. Until it arrives, and the beer guys asks, "How many ya want?" The rest goes on the shelves.
"The time for delay is over, we need to address the threat of climate change activism immediately if we hope to protect the future prosperity of our children’s employers." Scott Vrooman

cattersley

Post by cattersley »

Well, my local called me today, and said that they tracked down the products I wanted from another store that was willing to transfer them, never heard back from the LCBO customer service on the matter...

JesseM
Seasoned Drinker

Post by JesseM »

cattersley wrote:Well, my local called me today, and said that they tracked down the products I wanted from another store that was willing to transfer them, never heard back from the LCBO customer service on the matter...
What a f***tard customer service. I'm behind you 200% on this one 'sley. Lets start a revolution... :o