Looking for the original Bar Towel blog? You can find it at www.thebartowel.com.

We have a trivia question in order to register to prevent bots. If you have any issues with answering, contact us at cass@bartowel.com for help.

Introducing Light Mode! If you would like a Bar Towel social experience that isn't the traditional blue, you can now select Light Mode. Go to the User Control Panel and then Board Preferences, and select "Day Drinking" (Light Mode) from the My Board Style drop-down menu. You can always switch back to "Night Drinking" (Dark Mode). Enjoy!

Flying Monkey Smashbomb IPA

This forum is for discussing everything beer retail: LCBO, Beer Store, Grocery Stores and Indie Stores.

Moderators: Craig, Cass

BooBoo

Post by BooBoo »

SteelbackGuy wrote:
The_Jester wrote:
BooBoo wrote:I find it somewhat ironic that an organization whose only line of business is a product that contributes to thousands of deaths per year in Canada even has a "Social Responsibility" department. Although, the military has an "Intelligence" department so I suppose anything is possible. What's next, the "Department Of Hugs And Kisses" in the Gadhafi regime?
Stephen Harper's Ministry of Truth.

Love it!
The Obama Administration's Department of Sensible Fiscal Policy...
The Fox Network's Theatrical Shakespeare Department...
Death Row Records Department of Women's Rights...

...on and on...LOL!
"Always do sober what you said you'd do drunk. That will teach you to keep your mouth shut. "

-Ernest Hemingway

teichertbier

Post by teichertbier »

BooBoo

Post by BooBoo »

herrorara wrote:Image
LOL! Outstanding!
"Always do sober what you said you'd do drunk. That will teach you to keep your mouth shut. "

-Ernest Hemingway

SteelbackGuy
Beer Superstar

Post by SteelbackGuy »

Fucking hilarious! I love it!
If you`re reading this, there`s a 15% chance you`ve got a significant drinking problem. Get it fixed, get recovered!

TheSevenDuffs
Beer Superstar

Post by TheSevenDuffs »

Give Tom the monkey some wings and you might have a new brewery mascot there!

Hawks28

Post by Hawks28 »

LOL, now thats funny. I nearly spat out some curmudgeon.

mintjellie
Seasoned Drinker

Post by mintjellie »

BooBoo wrote:
LOL! Outstanding!
It would be worth the wait, to me at least, if the beer was submitted to the LCBO again rather than to the Brewers Retail. Especially if it meant seeing that packaging out on the floor.

Dead serious. Screw the listing fee to put your products on the shelf of a retailer owned by your competitors. Resubmit it to the LCBO with this packaging. I'd piss myself laughing every time I bought it.

mintjellie
Seasoned Drinker

Post by mintjellie »

Change the eyes on the monkey though, he looks drunk to me.

notdan

Post by notdan »

I do think it's time for Ontario's own Nanny State. Though I'm sure ours would get much better reviews :P

heebes

Post by heebes »

that edit it incredible herrorara! serious lols

xocoatl

Post by xocoatl »

It would get rejected because the monkey would be seen as appealing to children. Can't have that.

Bytowner
Seasoned Drinker

Post by Bytowner »

Brilliant herrorara! Even if FM re-released as "SR tom IPA" with a simple black&white label it would be fantastic.

mistermurphy

Post by mistermurphy »

peterchiodo

Post by peterchiodo »

SteelbackGuy wrote:
TheSevenDuffs wrote:Peter has admitted on these very forums that he hid many 420 references in the packaging and he wondered if the LCBO Social Responsibly people would notice them. It looks like they did. Maybe that was a bad decision, in hindsight.

Nope. Can't be it. We'll just blanketly make shit up, but there is no way the common sense reason is actually the reason!

Seriously, this sucks. I am going to find out who is on the SR committee and post their information here for all to see. I've had enough.
Good idea, Len.....

peterchiodo

Post by peterchiodo »

Brilliant...I kinda dig the low-tech design.

Truthfully, we are were disappointed that LCBO fullfilled our expectations. We were hoping that they would support the craft movement. We all feel a little censored. Not to mention the amount of money invested in the brand.....