Looking for the original Bar Towel blog? You can find it at www.thebartowel.com.

We have a trivia question in order to register to prevent bots. If you have any issues with answering, contact us at cass@bartowel.com for help.

Introducing Light Mode! If you would like a Bar Towel social experience that isn't the traditional blue, you can now select Light Mode. Go to the User Control Panel and then Board Preferences, and select "Day Drinking" (Light Mode) from the My Board Style drop-down menu. You can always switch back to "Night Drinking" (Dark Mode). Enjoy!

Nørrebro Bryghus brewery feature

This forum is for discussing everything beer retail: LCBO, Beer Store, Grocery Stores and Indie Stores.

Moderators: Craig, Cass

Jonah Hex

Nørrebro Bryghus brewery feature

Post by Jonah Hex »

Roland + Russell wrote:Be proud that some of the offerings are quite exclusive - not just from the Ontario perspective. Some of the beers will be available only on this market ... Back in February we shipped some 160 liters of the finest Ontario maple syrup to be used in one of the featured beers. It will only be available here in Ontario.
Any word on the release date this spring the Nørrebro Bryghus feature?
http://www.rolandandrussell.com/E67EBCA ... B46BA.html

Is it true that it'll include a maple version of the La Granja Stout?
Frank Higgins' sends Maple syrup from Combermere to a Danish brewery
January 26, 2011 by Louise Livingstone
Frank Higgins is a maple syrup producer based in the quiet hamle ot Combermere. Last February, some 160 litres of his delicous maple syrup were shipped to NØRREBRO BRYGHUS to beused in the production of La Granja Stout, one of the brewery's most popular beers. Now, this special batch is available in selected LCBO stores.
from http://www.harvesthastings.ca/sustainab ... combermere
Scott T.
No, I will not "beam you up."

cratez
Beer Superstar

Post by cratez »

[quote="Jonah Hex"][/quote]
Well the cat's out of the bag now, as the PDF below your link lists all of the beers in the release and their LCBO product numbers: http://www.harvesthastings.ca/sites/www ... -%20PR.pdf

Bombay Pale Ale, Julebryg, Vartripel 2010, La Granga Stout (Ontario Edition), and Little Korkny Ale. Pretty awesome release, and more great work from R&R!

Roland + Russell

Post by Roland + Russell »

Jonah Hex wrote:
Roland + Russell wrote:Be proud that some of the offerings are quite exclusive - not just from the Ontario perspective. Some of the beers will be available only on this market ... Back in February we shipped some 160 liters of the finest Ontario maple syrup to be used in one of the featured beers. It will only be available here in Ontario.
Any word on the release date this spring the Nørrebro Bryghus feature?
http://www.rolandandrussell.com/E67EBCA ... B46BA.html

Is it true that it'll include a maple version of the La Granja Stout?
Frank Higgins' sends Maple syrup from Combermere to a Danish brewery
January 26, 2011 by Louise Livingstone
Frank Higgins is a maple syrup producer based in the quiet hamle ot Combermere. Last February, some 160 litres of his delicous maple syrup were shipped to NØRREBRO BRYGHUS to beused in the production of La Granja Stout, one of the brewery's most popular beers. Now, this special batch is available in selected LCBO stores.
from http://www.harvesthastings.ca/sustainab ... combermere
All five Nørrebro Bryghus beers that are featured in this release are in the warehouse and in the process of being distributed to participating stores. They will be available at these locations in the week to come:

Store# Location
5 Toronto-Central Queen & Coxwell (The Beach)
10 Toronto-Central Yonge & Summerhill
15 Toronto-Central Dupont & Spadina
31 Collingwood First & Pine
38 Ottawa Rideau & King Edward
40 Kingston Barrack & King
115 Waterloo King S. & William (Waterloo Town Sq)
164 Toronto-Central Laird & Eglinton (Leaside)
187 Barrie Bayfield & Hanmer
212 Ottawa Richmond & Kirkwood
217 Toronto-Central Queens Quay & Yonge
243 Ottawa Bank & Walkley
334 Mississauga Winston Churchill & Derry (Meadowvale)
393 London Richmond & Fanshawe Pk (Masonville)
417 Waterloo King North & Northfield
445 Oakville Dundas & Trafalgar (Oak Park)
457 Toronto-Central Yonge & Eglinton (Yonge Eglinton Ctr)
495 Guelph Scottsdale & Stone Road West
499 Ottawa-Nepean Strandherd & Greenbank (Barrhaven)
511 Toronto-Central King & Spadina
525 Toronto-Central Yonge & Davisville
568 Toronto-Central Yonge & Dundas (Atrium On Bay)
623 Richmond Hill Yonge & Hwy 7
624 Ottawa-Orleans Innes & Tenth Line
630 Aurora Bayview & St John

This version of La Granja was specially brewed for this project and is exclusive to Ontario. Yes, indeed Frank Higgin's syrup from Combermere was used in the production of this beer.
Roland + Russell
www.rolandandrussell.com
twitter.com/RolandRussell

TheSevenDuffs
Beer Superstar

Post by TheSevenDuffs »

Roland + Russell wrote: All five Nørrebro Bryghus beers that are featured in this release are in the warehouse and in the process of being distributed to participating stores.
Where can I find a list of these 5 beers?

matt7215
Beer Superstar

Post by matt7215 »

TheSevenDuffs wrote:
Roland + Russell wrote: All five Nørrebro Bryghus beers that are featured in this release are in the warehouse and in the process of being distributed to participating stores.
Bombay Pale Ale
Julebry
Vartripel 2010
La Granga Stout (Ontario Edition)
Little Korkny Ale

TheSevenDuffs
Beer Superstar

Post by TheSevenDuffs »

matt7215 wrote:
TheSevenDuffs wrote:
Bombay Pale Ale
Julebry
Vartripel 2010
La Granga Stout (Ontario Edition)
Little Korkny Ale
Thanks. That's a pretty good selection of from their portfolio...

Belgian
Bar Towel Legend

Post by Belgian »

I'm very impressed R&R and I can see those prices are very fair compared to Premier in Buffalo which (as a small-order shop) has Nørrebro prices that IIRC can verge on obscene. I may even try out the crazy $21.95 Little Korkny Ale (Barley Wine) - good stuff you guys!

Not to race ahead of these 5 awesome Nørrebro, but is it even possible we'd ever see a Brewery Feature on Mikkeller down the road? Similar rarity and price points, endlessly inventive brewer with a number of 'flagship' and world-renowned beers. Nøgne Ø would also be a great Scandinavian choice, and the Belgian De Struisse brewery would do us no harm either.
Last edited by Belgian on Sun Jan 30, 2011 1:53 pm, edited 1 time in total.
In Beerum Veritas

Jonah Hex

Post by Jonah Hex »

cratez wrote:
Jonah Hex wrote:
Well the cat's out of the bag now, as the PDF below your link lists all of the beers in the release and their LCBO product numbers: http://www.harvesthastings.ca/sites/www ... -%20PR.pdf

Bombay Pale Ale, Julebryg, Vartripel 2010, La Granga Stout (Ontario Edition), and Little Korkny Ale. Pretty awesome release, and more great work from R&R!
For no reason I can figure, that would NOT load for me previously.

Now that Murphy's Law has had its way with me, now *of course* it works fine?!? Good to see pics, pricing, & info, though. Looks like I'm going to try all of them. :)
Scott T.
No, I will not "beam you up."

TheSevenDuffs
Beer Superstar

Post by TheSevenDuffs »

Belgian wrote:
Not to race ahead of these 5 awesome Nørrebro, but is it even possible we'd ever see a Brewery Feature on Mikkeller down the road? Similar rarity and price points, endlessly inventive brewer with a number of 'flagship' and world-renowned beers. Nøgne Ø would also be a great Scandinavian choice, and the Belgian De Struisse brewery would do us no harm either.
All 3 of those are great ideas that would sell very well in Ontario.

Cale
Bar Fly

Post by Cale »

I'm really looking forward to trying these beers, but I'm not looking forward to all the driving I'll have to do to get them :(. The shiny new Centre Mall location would have been perfect for this!

Cass
Beer Superstar

Post by Cass »

Very cool, looking forward to this.

sprague11
Seasoned Drinker

Post by sprague11 »

630 Aurora Bayview & St John

Just down the street 8) I've been surprised and pleased to see this local store pick up these releases, especially considering they recently tripled their Sherry section at the expense of beer.

SteelbackGuy
Beer Superstar

Post by SteelbackGuy »

How about a completely new idea........

"5 year old steelback beers.........how have they aged?" Complete with food pairing.
If you`re reading this, there`s a 15% chance you`ve got a significant drinking problem. Get it fixed, get recovered!

nickelass
Bar Fly

Post by nickelass »

Great release, just wish I had access to it!
"You wanna talk some jive? I'll talk some jive. I'll talk some jive like you've never heard!"

Raisy

Post by Raisy »

nickelass wrote:Great release, just wish I had access to it!
I hear you, but I've come to expect this with the LCBO, so I'm not shocked.