Looking for the original Bar Towel blog? You can find it at www.thebartowel.com.

We have a trivia question in order to register to prevent bots. If you have any issues with answering, contact us at cass@bartowel.com for help.

Introducing Light Mode! If you would like a Bar Towel social experience that isn't the traditional blue, you can now select Light Mode. Go to the User Control Panel and then Board Preferences, and select "Day Drinking" (Light Mode) from the My Board Style drop-down menu. You can always switch back to "Night Drinking" (Dark Mode). Enjoy!

Nørrebro Bryghus brewery feature

This forum is for discussing everything beer retail: LCBO, Beer Store, Grocery Stores and Indie Stores.

Moderators: Craig, Cass

cfrancis
Bar Fly

Post by cfrancis »

Ottawa with the love!

Definitely going to pick this up!

SteelbackGuy
Beer Superstar

Post by SteelbackGuy »

nickelass wrote:Great release, just wish I had access to it!

Ahh but you do. Get your local Bo' employee to poach these from other stores, or have them ordered in to your local. If the manager refuses, ask for the district managers info.
If you`re reading this, there`s a 15% chance you`ve got a significant drinking problem. Get it fixed, get recovered!

The_Jester
Bar Fly

Post by The_Jester »

Check Drinkvine first. There are 32 Julebryg showing in Peterborough, which is not on the list of stores that should have this.
"The time for delay is over, we need to address the threat of climate change activism immediately if we hope to protect the future prosperity of our children’s employers." Scott Vrooman

nickelass
Bar Fly

Post by nickelass »

SteelbackGuy wrote:
nickelass wrote:Great release, just wish I had access to it!

Ahh but you do. Get your local Bo' employee to poach these from other stores, or have them ordered in to your local. If the manager refuses, ask for the district managers info.
Tried already and was told the beers were still under bond in the warehouse. Also told that this release was " a special market" release that they wouldn't be able to bring to Timmins.

The_Jester wrote:Check Drinkvine first. There are 32 Julebryg showing in Peterborough, which is not on the list of stores that should have this.
I sent my dad over to have a look. It was at a weird location though, as that LCBO on Sherbrooke never has any of the beer releases.
"You wanna talk some jive? I'll talk some jive. I'll talk some jive like you've never heard!"

TheSevenDuffs
Beer Superstar

Post by TheSevenDuffs »

The_Jester wrote:Check Drinkvine first. There are 32 Julebryg showing in Peterborough, which is not on the list of stores that should have this.
I expect this to be much like the DDC Feature where the 25 stores mentioned committed to having these beers but it won't be limited to just those stores.

Ukie
Bar Fly

Post by Ukie »

nickelass wrote:
Tried already and was told the beers were still under bond in the warehouse. Also told that this release was " a special market" release that they wouldn't be able to bring to Timmins.
Was told the same thing about the DDC release, cant bring it in stop asking.
TheSevenDuffs wrote:I expect this to be much like the DDC Feature where the 25 stores mentioned committed to having these beers but it won't be limited to just those stores.

Exactly right, those that were supposed to get it didnt and those that werent did. Wait till its released and take it from there.

To my Hamilton BT'ers we can do this.

Bobsy
Beer Superstar

Post by Bobsy »

The Bombay was on shelves at the atrium on bay today.

The_Jester
Bar Fly

Post by The_Jester »

Just got the Jule and the La Granja, the latter of which isn't even showing yet. They said I was the third person, and they were holding some for a fourth person. I'm guessing one of those must have been your dad, Nick. Weren't even on the shelves yet.
"The time for delay is over, we need to address the threat of climate change activism immediately if we hope to protect the future prosperity of our children’s employers." Scott Vrooman

nickelass
Bar Fly

Post by nickelass »

The_Jester wrote:Just got the Jule and the La Granja, the latter of which isn't even showing yet. They said I was the third person, and they were holding some for a fourth person. I'm guessing one of those must have been your dad, Nick. Weren't even on the shelves yet.
You must have just missed him. He ended up getting five bottles of the La Granja, and a few of the Jule. My dad said they have a new store manager who is really into beer, so he brought those cases in to improve selection.
"You wanna talk some jive? I'll talk some jive. I'll talk some jive like you've never heard!"

Belgian
Bar Towel Legend

Post by Belgian »

Lots of 4 kinds Nørrebro at Queen Coxwell, just no Barley Wine yet.

The most exciting LCBO beer from Denmark since Faxe!
In Beerum Veritas

sprague11
Seasoned Drinker

Post by sprague11 »

Belgian wrote:Lots of 4 kinds Nørrebro at Queen Coxwell, just no Barley Wine yet.

Hey now!

Mr.X

Post by Mr.X »

sprague11 wrote:
Belgian wrote:Lots of 4 kinds Nørrebro at Queen Coxwell, just no Barley Wine yet.

Hey now!
Isn't Turborg the beer of Danish King's?

icemachine
Beer Superstar

Post by icemachine »

Carlsberg is probably better...
"Everything ... is happening" - Bob Cole

probstk

Post by probstk »

For anyone searching the LCBO website or drinkvine, make sure you spell the brewery "noerrebro" to find all of the listing....

BTW, nothing in Ottawa yet....WAH!! :cry:

icemachine
Beer Superstar

Post by icemachine »

4of 5 in Richmond Hill, only place showing stock of the Little Korkny is Front & Jarvis
"Everything ... is happening" - Bob Cole