Looking for the original Bar Towel blog? You can find it at www.thebartowel.com.

We have a trivia question in order to register to prevent bots. If you have any issues with answering, contact us at cass@bartowel.com for help.

Introducing Light Mode! If you would like a Bar Towel social experience that isn't the traditional blue, you can now select Light Mode. Go to the User Control Panel and then Board Preferences, and select "Day Drinking" (Light Mode) from the My Board Style drop-down menu. You can always switch back to "Night Drinking" (Dark Mode). Enjoy!

Norrebro VarTripel 2010...

This forum is for discussing everything beer retail: LCBO, Beer Store, Grocery Stores and Indie Stores.

Moderators: Craig, Cass

BooBoo

Norrebro VarTripel 2010...

Post by BooBoo »

Wow! I was just on the LCBO website and according to the inventory position, only the following remains:

Kingston = 9
Markham = 6
Queen & Coxwell = 1

I can understand why it flew off the shelves as it is truly stunning.

Does anyone know if there's more to come?
"Always do sober what you said you'd do drunk. That will teach you to keep your mouth shut. "

-Ernest Hemingway

Lukie

Post by Lukie »

BooBoo wrote:Wow! I was just on the LCBO website and according to the inventory position, only the following remains:

Kingston = 9
Markham = 6
Queen & Coxwell = 1

Here today, gone tomorrow. It certainly came in low quantites and sold out fast. Definitly the highlight of the Norrebro lineup, and a unique and pleasant twist on the style. I'm wondering myself whether there's a second wave of shipments coming soon.

TheSevenDuffs
Beer Superstar

Post by TheSevenDuffs »

BooBoo wrote:Wow! I was just on the LCBO website and according to the inventory position, only the following remains:

Kingston = 9
Markham = 6
Queen & Coxwell = 1

According to peensteen in another thread, this is all we are getting of the Tripel...

PeenSteen
Bar Fly

Post by PeenSteen »

yeah thats all for this one. Not much of it came in, La Granja was the one they brought in the most of.

Cass
Beer Superstar

Post by Cass »

Another super rarity strikes again! Honestly, the LCBO should just release beers in 10 case increments and they would always be gone in a flash.

icemachine
Beer Superstar

Post by icemachine »

A little more stock showing today

1. KINGSTON 34 BARRACK STREET
BARRACK & KING 9

2. WATERLOO 571 KING STREET NORTH
KING NORTH & NORTHFIELD 9

3. GUELPH 615 SCOTTSDALE DRIVE
SCOTTSDALE & STONE ROAD WEST 9

4. LONDON 109 FANSHAWE PARK ROAD
RICHMOND & FANSHAWE PK (MASONVILLE) 8

5. MARKHAM 3075 HIGHWAY 7 EAST
HWY 7 & WOODBINE 4

6. TORONTO-CENTRAL
QUEEN & COXWELL (THE BEACH) 1
"Everything ... is happening" - Bob Cole

kwjd

Post by kwjd »

I should have bought more than just 1 bottle of this when I had the chance. Had this last night and it was easily the best of the 5.

icemachine
Beer Superstar

Post by icemachine »

I enjoyed the Var Tripel, but style wise I wouldn't rank it in my list of top Tripels.
"Everything ... is happening" - Bob Cole

aser

Post by aser »

I bought two, gave one to my roommate. Not expecting it to disappear in a flash like that. Oh well.....

Similar to the La Chouffe, I did not see any at all in Toronto. Those went really fast.

strowlands8

Post by strowlands8 »

I picked up 2 bottles today from the Kingston store. They hadn't even opened the box up yet when I got there, so there might be hope for a bit more stock to show up still.