Looking for the original Bar Towel blog? You can find it at www.thebartowel.com.

We have a trivia question in order to register to prevent bots. If you have any issues with answering, contact us at cass@bartowel.com for help.

Introducing Light Mode! If you would like a Bar Towel social experience that isn't the traditional blue, you can now select Light Mode. Go to the User Control Panel and then Board Preferences, and select "Day Drinking" (Light Mode) from the My Board Style drop-down menu. You can always switch back to "Night Drinking" (Dark Mode). Enjoy!

Beau's Beaver River IPEh? LCBO Release

This forum is for discussing everything beer retail: LCBO, Beer Store, Grocery Stores and Indie Stores.

Moderators: Craig, Cass

Bytowner
Seasoned Drinker

Beau's Beaver River IPEh? LCBO Release

Post by Bytowner »

Via twitter/facebook, limited Beaver River release this spring:

Ottawa, Kingston, Toronto. Good news!

cfrancis
Bar Fly

Post by cfrancis »

A week ago I found a growler of their Screaming Beaver bottled in May.

It was still really great at the oak was even more pronounced. Hopefully they brew that again this year.

Bobsy
Beer Superstar

Post by Bobsy »

Awesome news! One of my favourite Ontario beers, and I'll be buying a lot of it.

TJ

Post by TJ »

That is good news. I assume this will be in the ceramic swing-top bottles?

GregClow
Beer Superstar

Post by GregClow »

TJ wrote:That is good news. I assume this will be in the ceramic swing-top bottles?
I'm guessing bombers. They've started using them for bottling their "Wild Oats" series of one-off beers, so it would make sense to use 'em for the seasonals as well, at least for LCBO distribution since they're lighter and cheaper.

EDIT: Just remembered that I got a press release about this yesterday, so I checked it and found this: "It will sell in the LCBO as a single 600 ml bottle, at a price of $4.35 including tax and deposit. "

Belgian
Bar Towel Legend

Post by Belgian »

GregClow wrote:Just remembered that I got a press release about this yesterday, so I checked it and found this: "It will sell in the LCBO as a single 600 ml bottle, at a price of $4.35 including tax and deposit. "
Easily recognizable, the Lug Tread Kölsch is also currently sold in those 600ml bottles (the tall ones in the nifty four-packs.)

Why change a good thing, the branding is already in place and the bottles look great. A kudos to them for the decent price point and IMLE I'm expecting this IPA will taste great.
In Beerum Veritas

TheSevenDuffs
Beer Superstar

Post by TheSevenDuffs »

It is looking like this won't get very widely distributed in Toronto. I think they said 3 Toronto stores would get them and they will likely all be downtown.

BooBoo

Post by BooBoo »

This is very good news! This is a great beer and the brewery is a long way from my place, although I have made the trip a few times in conjunction with other events. Kingston is very close to me, so here's hoping I can load up!
"Always do sober what you said you'd do drunk. That will teach you to keep your mouth shut. "

-Ernest Hemingway

TJ

Post by TJ »

GregClow wrote:"It will sell in the LCBO as a single 600 ml bottle, at a price of $4.35 including tax and deposit. "
Awesome, thanks Greg. As much as I love the ceramic bottles, this is a much better serving size IMO.

TheSevenDuffs wrote:It is looking like this won't get very widely distributed in Toronto. I think they said 3 Toronto stores would get them and they will likely all be downtown.
The Lugtread started out that way too and now it's fairly widely distributed; baby steps and all that. I realize this one's is a seasonal, but with any luck that'll change and some day we'll have a really good Ontario brewed American IPA widely distributed throughout the province.

TheSevenDuffs
Beer Superstar

Post by TheSevenDuffs »

GregClow wrote:EDIT: Just remembered that I got a press release about this yesterday, so I checked it and found this: "It will sell in the LCBO as a single 600 ml bottle, at a price of $4.35 including tax and deposit. "
That is a very fair price given the size and style.

heebes

Post by heebes »

TJ wrote:
The Lugtread started out that way too and now it's fairly widely distributed; baby steps and all that. I realize this one's is a seasonal, but with any luck that'll change and some day we'll have a really good Ontario brewed American IPA widely distributed throughout the province.
Smashbomb will likely be this. At least before the Beaver river IPeh.

TJ

Post by TJ »

heebes wrote:Smashbomb will likely be this. At least before the Beaver river IPeh.
I actually typed and deleted a sentence about Smashbomb, worried it might be bad form to mention it in a thread promoting another beer. Probably I was just overthinking it.

Queef

Post by Queef »

also, that press release is on their main web page saying they are tapping a cask of the Beaver River on Saturday at the brewery. I should look into hotel rooms.
it's beer o'clock.

SteelbackGuy
Beer Superstar

Post by SteelbackGuy »

Anyone in the London area that wants this when it comes, please contact me and I'll transfer some into my store for you along with my order.
If you`re reading this, there`s a 15% chance you`ve got a significant drinking problem. Get it fixed, get recovered!

cratez
Beer Superstar

Post by cratez »

SteelbackGuy wrote: Anyone in the London area that wants this when it comes, please contact me and I'll transfer some into my store for you along with my order.
You can put me down for some! :D