Looking for the original Bar Towel blog? You can find it at www.thebartowel.com.

We have a trivia question in order to register to prevent bots. If you have any issues with answering, contact us at cass@bartowel.com for help.

Introducing Light Mode! If you would like a Bar Towel social experience that isn't the traditional blue, you can now select Light Mode. Go to the User Control Panel and then Board Preferences, and select "Day Drinking" (Light Mode) from the My Board Style drop-down menu. You can always switch back to "Night Drinking" (Dark Mode). Enjoy!

La Trappe Triple (Koningshoeven) at the LCBO

This forum is for discussing everything beer retail: LCBO, Beer Store, Grocery Stores and Indie Stores.

Moderators: Craig, Cass

Kel Varnsen
Bar Fly

La Trappe Triple (Koningshoeven) at the LCBO

Post by Kel Varnsen »

The latest issues of Food and Drink has a feature towards the front of a bunch of new products including La Trappe Triple from the Koningshoeven brewery. Anyone know when this is supposed to happen since it is in the magazine but it doesn't come up on Drinkvine or the lcbo website. Plus it doesn't seem to be mentioned in the most recent seasonal releases. I missed out on the quad so I would probably pick some up.

PeenSteen
Bar Fly

Post by PeenSteen »

Its not a seasonal release, this is going to be a regular listing. Last time I checked they are already in the LCBO warehouse so they should be shipping out in a week or so

matt7215
Beer Superstar

Post by matt7215 »

good news

cannondale
Bar Fly

Post by cannondale »

330 mL or 750 mL?
Never attribute to malice that which is adequately explained by stupidity.

Belgian
Bar Towel Legend

Post by Belgian »

cannondale wrote:330 mL or 750 mL?
The bottle pictured on p.24 is the 750ml champagne style cork & cage. Cost is $6.95 including 20¢ deposit. I think these age well for at least a few years.

Also exciting, on p.145 Corona has a new product - wait for it! - Corona in a 473ml can. The ad boldly promises not only MORE Corona, but also MORE Places and MORE Refreshment. And who doesn't want MORE Places?
In Beerum Veritas

Gedge
Bar Fly

Post by Gedge »

Belgian wrote: Also exciting, on p.145 Corona has a new product - wait for it! - Corona in a 473ml can. The ad boldly promises not only MORE Corona, but also MORE Places and MORE Refreshment. And who doesn't want MORE Places?
I've always found that Corona has a "placiness" that the La Trappe lacks.

cannondale
Bar Fly

Post by cannondale »

Belgian wrote:
The bottle pictured on p.24 is the 750ml champagne style cork & cage. Cost is $6.95 including 20¢ deposit. I think these age well for at least a few years.
Thanks. That's the same price/format as was included in the Fall 2008 release. Anybody still sitting on one of those?
Never attribute to malice that which is adequately explained by stupidity.

icemachine
Beer Superstar

Post by icemachine »

cannondale wrote:
Belgian wrote:
Thanks. That's the same price/format as was included in the Fall 2008 release. Anybody still sitting on one of those?
Think I might still have one or two
"Everything ... is happening" - Bob Cole

The_Jester
Bar Fly

Post by The_Jester »

cannondale wrote:....That's the same price/format as was included in the Fall 2008 release. Anybody still sitting on one of those?
I may have one left. I know that I shared a bottle at Christmas, and it was still good. Not sure that it's going to get any better, though.
"The time for delay is over, we need to address the threat of climate change activism immediately if we hope to protect the future prosperity of our children’s employers." Scott Vrooman

phirleh
Seasoned Drinker

Post by phirleh »

The_Jester wrote:
cannondale wrote:....That's the same price/format as was included in the Fall 2008 release. Anybody still sitting on one of those?
I may have one left. I know that I shared a bottle at Christmas, and it was still good. Not sure that it's going to get any better, though.
I have a quad or 2 and a tripel I think from that release or the one before.
Malam cerevisiam facieus in cathedram stercoris

"God don't want me yet, man, I got more feet to taste."
photos - http://www.flickr.com/photos/phirleh/se ... 039468171/

Belgian
Bar Towel Legend

Post by Belgian »

cannondale wrote: Thanks. That's the same price/format as was included in the Fall 2008 release. Anybody still sitting on one of those?
Uh huh, one tripel and six quad. I'm curious how the Quad are doing.
In Beerum Veritas

icemachine
Beer Superstar

Post by icemachine »

Belgian wrote:
cannondale wrote: Thanks. That's the same price/format as was included in the Fall 2008 release. Anybody still sitting on one of those?
Send me one and I'll let you know :D
"Everything ... is happening" - Bob Cole

Lukie

Post by Lukie »

PeenSteen wrote:Its not a seasonal release, this is going to be a regular listing. Last time I checked they are already in the LCBO warehouse so they should be shipping out in a week or so

Wow, great move on BO's part. The seasonal sales for its cousin the last couple of winters must have been high. Again, great move. Now, let's see them bringing Wesmalle Tripel as a regular. I can dream, can't I?

matt7215
Beer Superstar

Post by matt7215 »

Belgian wrote:
the quad is drinking well as of last weekend. still has lots of potential.

Lukie

Post by Lukie »

matt7215 wrote:
Belgian wrote:
the quad is drinking well as of last weekend. still has lots of potential.
Is it more sweeter than initially?