Looking for the original Bar Towel blog? You can find it at www.thebartowel.com.

We have a trivia question in order to register to prevent bots. If you have any issues with answering, contact us at cass@bartowel.com for help.

Introducing Light Mode! If you would like a Bar Towel social experience that isn't the traditional blue, you can now select Light Mode. Go to the User Control Panel and then Board Preferences, and select "Day Drinking" (Light Mode) from the My Board Style drop-down menu. You can always switch back to "Night Drinking" (Dark Mode). Enjoy!

Panil

This forum is for discussing everything beer retail: LCBO, Beer Store, Grocery Stores and Indie Stores.

Moderators: Craig, Cass

PeenSteen
Bar Fly

Panil

Post by PeenSteen »

If anyone missed out in Toronto and still wants one, Yonge and Eglinton will be getting 8-10 bottles in at some point this week. I transfered them in from Ottawa (you guys are sleeping on them out there!) so let me know if you want one put aside for you.

Timmy

Post by Timmy »

I urge anyone who is even curious, to grab a bottle of this. It's pricey but I really liked it and it's a pretty interesting experience.

S. St. Jeb
Seasoned Drinker

Post by S. St. Jeb »

I've been loving beer for almost 30 years, and compared to co-workers, family, hockey teammates etc I'm a bit of a beer geek. But I've only been a regular reader of this site for a few months now and I'm way behind the geekiness of the regular posters here (that's meant to be complimentary, not critical).

Panil is not a beer that I would have likely decided to try based on my own likes and dislikes - never thought of 'sour' as a desirable characteristic in beer. But based on all the favourable comments I have read about Panil, I bought a bottle. I'm going to have it next Saturday.

It's sitting in the fridge now. I'm assuming I should take it out some time before I want to drink it and let it warm up a little. Can anyone advise?

phirleh
Seasoned Drinker

Post by phirleh »

As most people say, it's worth trying. I really like sour beers, and this is one of them. Give it a 1/2 hour to 1 hour outside of the fridge. Think green apples in regards to taste, but might not be as sour as you are expecting. Enjoy, there are still a few rolling around in Burlington/Hamilton area LCBO's!
Malam cerevisiam facieus in cathedram stercoris

"God don't want me yet, man, I got more feet to taste."
photos - http://www.flickr.com/photos/phirleh/se ... 039468171/

S. St. Jeb
Seasoned Drinker

Post by S. St. Jeb »

I won't be in a hurry to have another, but I'm glad I tried it; it is definitely an "interesting" beer.