Looking for the original Bar Towel blog? You can find it at www.thebartowel.com.

We have a trivia question in order to register to prevent bots. If you have any issues with answering, contact us at cass@bartowel.com for help.

Introducing Light Mode! If you would like a Bar Towel social experience that isn't the traditional blue, you can now select Light Mode. Go to the User Control Panel and then Board Preferences, and select "Day Drinking" (Light Mode) from the My Board Style drop-down menu. You can always switch back to "Night Drinking" (Dark Mode). Enjoy!

Coming Soon to the LCBO

This forum is for discussing everything beer retail: LCBO, Beer Store, Grocery Stores and Indie Stores.

Moderators: Craig, Cass

SteelbackGuy
Beer Superstar

Post by SteelbackGuy »

JeffPorter wrote:
sstackho wrote:
spinrsx wrote:Cameron's RPA now listed

http://lcbo.com/lcbo-ear/lcbo/product/d ... ber=337337
Dang, bombers. That's unfortunate.
I agree that the price per ml is a little higher now, but I actually don't mind bombers. Usually one 341 of RPA isn't enough for me.

You said Usually......which means that sometimes a a 341 is NOT enough, hence why we all need BOMBERS!!
If you`re reading this, there`s a 15% chance you`ve got a significant drinking problem. Get it fixed, get recovered!

TheBeeraholic
Bar Fly

Post by TheBeeraholic »

341 is never enough. I really liked Bellwoods 650ml bottles the switch to 500ml bottles has taken a bit to get used to.

JeffPorter
Beer Superstar

Post by JeffPorter »

SteelbackGuy wrote:
JeffPorter wrote:
sstackho wrote: Dang, bombers. That's unfortunate.
I agree that the price per ml is a little higher now, but I actually don't mind bombers. Usually one 341 of RPA isn't enough for me.

You said Usually......which means that sometimes a a 341 is NOT enough, hence why we all need BOMBERS!!
After having a few bombers of RPA I can confirm it's the perfect amount! 500ml would be nice, too, of course, but I'm just happy I have it again and that their batches seem to get better and better.
"What can you say about Pabst Blue Ribbon that Dennis Hopper hasn’t screamed in the middle of an ether binge?" - Jordan St. John

TheSevenDuffs
Beer Superstar

Post by TheSevenDuffs »

esprit wrote:Chimay 150 should have arrived this week.
I am starting to wonder if we are ever going to see this ...

matt7215
Beer Superstar

Post by matt7215 »

TheSevenDuffs wrote:
it was pretty bad, youre not missing much if you dont try it

Jonah Hex

Post by Jonah Hex »

STORMY MONDAY is now listed, but no stock yet.
http://www.lcbo.com/lcbo-ear/lcbo/produ ... anguage=EN
Scott T.
No, I will not "beam you up."

iguenard
Seasoned Drinker

Post by iguenard »

matt7215 wrote:
TheSevenDuffs wrote:
I thought it was one of the best non-sour beers coming out of belgium in a long time... them again I did not pay for my bottle, so that probably plays in it a lot.

jrenihan

Post by jrenihan »

iguenard wrote:
matt7215 wrote:
TheSevenDuffs wrote:I am starting to wonder if we are ever going to see this ...
I thought it was one of the best non-sour beers coming out of belgium in a long time... them again I did not pay for my bottle, so that probably plays in it a lot.
I also really liked the Chimay 150... hope that it still shows up!
Ren

distr0

Post by distr0 »

not sure if it's been mentioned yet, but a little birdie told me not to be surprised if GLB My Bitter Wife shows up at the LCBO soon

jrenihan

Post by jrenihan »

distr0 wrote:not sure if it's been mentioned yet, but a little birdie told me not to be surprised if GLB My Bitter Wife shows up at the LCBO soon
That would be nice.... but how the hell is My Bitter Wife arriving before Karma Citra???
Ren

Kekumba

Post by Kekumba »

Well they did say the My Bitter Wife label got rejected a few weeks ago or something along those lines.

But yes, considering the attention Karma Citra has been getting via social media that GLB has been pushing, I suppose I'm a bit surprised...

heebes

Post by heebes »

Kekumba wrote:Well they did say the My Bitter Wife label got rejected a few weeks ago or something along those lines.

But yes, considering the attention Karma Citra has been getting via social media that GLB has been pushing, I suppose I'm a bit surprised...
the label got rejected? i wouldnt expect it soon then, back to the drawing board! im also kinda bummed its not karma

Kekumba

Post by Kekumba »

Or, maybe not a rejection (?).

Bush Pilot Brewing

Post by Bush Pilot Brewing »

Jonah Hex wrote:STORMY MONDAY is now listed, but no stock yet.
http://www.lcbo.com/lcbo-ear/lcbo/produ ... anguage=EN
Thanks for noticing. We were told yesterday by the LCBO that Stormy Monday will be in stores late next week. Hope there will be no further delays and obstacles.

Happy weekend everyone,

JProulx

Post by JProulx »

Chimay Blue is starting toshow stock.

What a great price. Glad this is becoming a regular listing. I'll be buying more of this than my budget allows.