Looking for the original Bar Towel blog? You can find it at www.thebartowel.com.

We have a trivia question in order to register to prevent bots. If you have any issues with answering, contact us at cass@bartowel.com for help.

Introducing Light Mode! If you would like a Bar Towel social experience that isn't the traditional blue, you can now select Light Mode. Go to the User Control Panel and then Board Preferences, and select "Day Drinking" (Light Mode) from the My Board Style drop-down menu. You can always switch back to "Night Drinking" (Dark Mode). Enjoy!

Coming Soon to the LCBO

This forum is for discussing everything beer retail: LCBO, Beer Store, Grocery Stores and Indie Stores.

Moderators: Craig, Cass

spinrsx
Beer Superstar

Post by spinrsx »

founders!! I will have to add another set of shelves in my cellar

northyorksammy
Seasoned Drinker

Post by northyorksammy »

thanks for keeping us up to date on Founders et al, Peeno

pushkinwow

Post by pushkinwow »

Their breakfast stout is definitely a tasty beer...sometimes prefer it to both the imperial and KBS. Will be interesting to see what else they bring in.

iguenard
Seasoned Drinker

Post by iguenard »

pushkinwow wrote:Their breakfast stout is definitely a tasty beer...sometimes prefer it to both the imperial and KBS. Will be interesting to see what else they bring in.
Here's my best guess:

- Breakfast Stout
- Double Trouble
- Cerise
- Porter
- Dirty Bastard
- Pale Ale

Would certainly love to buy the Porter and Stout in quantity.

TheSevenDuffs
Beer Superstar

Post by TheSevenDuffs »

iguenard wrote:
pushkinwow wrote:Their breakfast stout is definitely a tasty beer...sometimes prefer it to both the imperial and KBS. Will be interesting to see what else they bring in.
Here's my best guess:

- Breakfast Stout
- Double Trouble
- Cerise
- Porter
- Dirty Bastard
- Pale Ale

They aren't making Cerise any more, so we won't be seeing that one :) And it looks like this will be a November (?) release, so unless they brew a special batch of double trouble, we won't get that one either.

Based strictly on their brewing schedule (assuming no special LCBO batches), I would guess the following:

- Pale Ale
- Porter
- Dirty Bastard
- Breakfast Stout
- Red's Rye

grub
Seasoned Drinker

Post by grub »

for anyone trying to follow along at home, here's their 2013 availability calendar.
TheSevenDuffs wrote:They aren't making Cerise any more, so we won't be seeing that one :) And it looks like this will be a November (?) release, so unless they brew a special batch of double trouble, we won't get that one either.
Cerise will be back, it's just that last year's cherry crop was so terrible they couldn't do it, so they brought back Rubaeus, which I personally prefer anyway. Just makes me wish for them to make another batch of Blushing Monk though.
TheSevenDuffs wrote: Based strictly on their brewing schedule (assuming no special LCBO batches), I would guess the following:

- Pale Ale
- Porter
- Dirty Bastard
- Breakfast Stout
- Red's Rye
It's a safe bet that we'll get a few more of their regulars, but if we're getting Breakfast Stout I wouldn't necessarily bet on another seasonal. I'd love to see Red's Rye, but know they're especially careful with its freshness, so it'd likely only work if they made for an october release (the only overlap between RR + BS). But given the choice between past-its-prime-RR vs none, I'll take the latter and enjoy it when it's in season and/or on tap. so damn good on tap.

if we are talking Nov/Dec, it does open up the option for Backwoods Bastard, which would be pretty excellent too.
@grubextrapolate // @biergotter // http://biergotter.org/

toweringpine

Post by toweringpine »

Would Dirty Bastard or Backwoods Bastard make it past the name police at the LCBO?

spinrsx
Beer Superstar

Post by spinrsx »

I assume so since the LCBO sells 'Fat Bastard' wines.. but you never know.
toweringpine wrote:Would Dirty Bastard or Backwoods Bastard make it past the name police at the LCBO?

vandutchy

Post by vandutchy »

squeaky wrote:Founders! :D
I know the Porter is in it for sure as the Founders Rep was talking about it coming to the LCBO at the Founders event down in Buffalo awhile back.

Droogy

Post by Droogy »

TheSevenDuffs wrote:
iguenard wrote:
Here's my best guess:

- Breakfast Stout
- Double Trouble
- Cerise
- Porter
- Dirty Bastard
- Pale Ale

They aren't making Cerise any more, so we won't be seeing that one :) And it looks like this will be a November (?) release, so unless they brew a special batch of double trouble, we won't get that one either.

Based strictly on their brewing schedule (assuming no special LCBO batches), I would guess the following:

- Pale Ale
- Porter
- Dirty Bastard
- Breakfast Stout
- Red's Rye
What about the All day IPA? The Red's Rye is going seasonal now I believe...seasonal or reduced distribution.

vandutchy

Post by vandutchy »

Droogy wrote:
TheSevenDuffs wrote:
iguenard wrote: Here's my best guess:

- Breakfast Stout
- Double Trouble
- Cerise
- Porter
- Dirty Bastard
- Pale Ale

- Pale Ale
- Porter
- Dirty Bastard
- Breakfast Stout
- Red's Rye
What about the All day IPA? The Red's Rye is going seasonal now I believe...seasonal or reduced distribution.
I was disappointed by the all day IPA.....the kbs, porter, breakfast stout rocked!

vandutchy

Post by vandutchy »

Droogy wrote:
TheSevenDuffs wrote:
iguenard wrote: Here's my best guess:

- Breakfast Stout
- Double Trouble
- Cerise
- Porter
- Dirty Bastard
- Pale Ale

- Pale Ale
- Porter
- Dirty Bastard
- Breakfast Stout
- Red's Rye
I was disappointed by the all day IPA.....the kbs, porter, breakfast stout rocked!

heebes

Post by heebes »

Breakfast Stout is gonna do very well here, bet its gonna fly off the shelves.

GregClow
Beer Superstar

Post by GregClow »

Great news about the Founder's release. Curious to see if the regular Breakfast Stout label is approved by the LCBO, though:

I won't be surprised if they have to do an alternate version for release up here.

spinrsx
Beer Superstar

Post by spinrsx »

any idea when we might see some of these?
PeenSteen wrote:Coming soon:
Liefmans Goudenband
Deus Brut (more than 40 cases this time)
St. Bernardus 12