Looking for the original Bar Towel blog? You can find it at www.thebartowel.com.

We have a trivia question in order to register to prevent bots. If you have any issues with answering, contact us at cass@bartowel.com for help.

Introducing Light Mode! If you would like a Bar Towel social experience that isn't the traditional blue, you can now select Light Mode. Go to the User Control Panel and then Board Preferences, and select "Day Drinking" (Light Mode) from the My Board Style drop-down menu. You can always switch back to "Night Drinking" (Dark Mode). Enjoy!

Coming Soon to the LCBO

This forum is for discussing everything beer retail: LCBO, Beer Store, Grocery Stores and Indie Stores.

Moderators: Craig, Cass

TheBeeraholic
Bar Fly

Post by TheBeeraholic »

Gavin wrote:
PeenSteen wrote:
and also coming:

Goose Island Bourbon County Brand Stout
No fucking way.
My words excatly. This will likely have its own thread upon release if the case.

PeenSteen
Bar Fly

Post by PeenSteen »

TheBeeraholic wrote:
Gavin wrote:
PeenSteen wrote:
and also coming:

No fucking way.
My words excatly. This will likely have its own thread upon release if the case.
Based on the fact that everything I have ever mentioned was coming has actually shown up I would say my word is pretty good

spinrsx
Beer Superstar

Post by spinrsx »

I can picture people lining up for the founders/goose island.. not quite like it was with westy 12.. but it will be some sort of commotion

I almost want to stop buying beer so I can save cellar room (and money) for all of these

Will the BCBS come out at the same time as the founders?

TheBeeraholic
Bar Fly

Post by TheBeeraholic »

PeenSteen wrote:
TheBeeraholic wrote:
Gavin wrote: No fucking way.
Based on the fact that everything I have ever mentioned was coming has actually shown up I would say my word is pretty good
Your word is more that pretty good Peen. Everything I've seen you post has shown. I'm just in awe still.

Ukie
Bar Fly

Post by Ukie »

spinrsx wrote:I can picture people lining up for the founders/goose island.. not quite like it was with westy 12.. but it will be some sort of commotion
No doubt......especially if it releases just before Christmas and gets a lot of hype in the media.

Although I believe it isnt released until November in the States so I wouldnt think it would be received and tested and so on and be in before Christmas. So you wont get the Ebay, Kijiji crowd or the I think I'll buy a case for my grandfather for Christmas, the newspaper said it was good bunch.

Probably run around what $20+ a 4 pk?

Stroonze

Post by Stroonze »

My guess is they will be sold as singles. Cant see the LC approving a four pack of 15% beer.

matt7215
Beer Superstar

Post by matt7215 »

Stroonze wrote:My guess is they will be sold as singles. Cant see the LC approving a four pack of 15% beer.
agreed, singles at $6 seems likely

sprague11
Seasoned Drinker

Post by sprague11 »

PeenSteen wrote:So it looks like the Founders feature will include:

Breakfast Stout
Porter
Dirty Bastard
Backwoods Bastard
Pale Ale

and also coming:

Backwoods Bastard is one of my all-time favorites. I'll be hoarding this.

BCBS - Yes please!
"A good light beer is one that doesn't taste like piss!" - Frank d'Angelo

Gavin

Post by Gavin »

PeenSteen wrote:
TheBeeraholic wrote:
Gavin wrote: No fucking way.
Oh, I believe you. I'm just really surprised.

Hawks28

Post by Hawks28 »

PeenSteen wrote:
and also coming:

wow, didnt see that one coming. I hope it wont be too difficult to get my hands on a couple of these.

Hawks28

Post by Hawks28 »

PeenSteen wrote:
and also coming:

wow, didnt see that one coming. I hope it wont be too difficult to get my hands on a couple of these.

Zuma

Post by Zuma »

sprague11 wrote:

Breakfast Stout
Porter
Dirty Bastard
Backwoods Bastard
Pale Ale

and also coming:

I would not hoard a ton. I bought a 24 in the states last year and it is much better when fresh. Still have about six left and each one is a little worse than the one before.

vandutchy

Post by vandutchy »

Zuma wrote:
sprague11 wrote:

Breakfast Stout
Porter
Dirty Bastard
Backwoods Bastard
Pale Ale

and also coming:

I would not hoard a ton. I bought a 24 in the states last year and it is much better when fresh. Still have about six left and each one is a little worse than the one before.
I am just glad you live in Ottawa and not Toronto. Hopefully you guys get some in the nations capital!?!

pushkinwow

Post by pushkinwow »

Zuma wrote: I would not hoard a ton. I bought a 24 in the states last year and it is much better when fresh. Still have about six left and each one is a little worse than the one before.
Have to disagree but that's what personal tastes are all about! I prefer things a little more mellow and balanced and right now the 2009 bombers are drinking fantastically, the 12oz bottle have fallen off a little bit and I would say the 2008 12oz bottles are on the downside. Personally I prefer BCBS with a year or two.

matt7215
Beer Superstar

Post by matt7215 »

pushkinwow wrote:
Zuma wrote: I would not hoard a ton. I bought a 24 in the states last year and it is much better when fresh. Still have about six left and each one is a little worse than the one before.
Have to disagree but that's what personal tastes are all about! I prefer things a little more mellow and balanced and right now the 2009 bombers are drinking fantastically, the 12oz bottle have fallen off a little bit and I would say the 2008 12oz bottles are on the downside. Personally I prefer BCBS with a year or two.
he was talking about hoarding Founders Backwoods Bastard not Goose Island Bourbon County Brand Stout