Looking for the original Bar Towel blog? You can find it at www.thebartowel.com.

We have a trivia question in order to register to prevent bots. If you have any issues with answering, contact us at cass@bartowel.com for help.

Introducing Light Mode! If you would like a Bar Towel social experience that isn't the traditional blue, you can now select Light Mode. Go to the User Control Panel and then Board Preferences, and select "Day Drinking" (Light Mode) from the My Board Style drop-down menu. You can always switch back to "Night Drinking" (Dark Mode). Enjoy!

Coming Soon to the LCBO

This forum is for discussing everything beer retail: LCBO, Beer Store, Grocery Stores and Indie Stores.

Moderators: Craig, Cass

JProulx

Post by JProulx »

Eli wrote:I am not sure if it means it's coming back but the Ayinger Weisse no longer has the discontinued tag on it

AYINGER BRAU-WEISSE
LCBO 273656 | 500 mL bottle
Price $ 2.75
Damn, that would be nice. One of my favourites, for sure.

Kekumba

Post by Kekumba »

That's over a dollar cheaper than it once was, no? One of my go to summer beers, so good.

esprit
Seasoned Drinker

Post by esprit »

Don't count on that price. I was Ayinger's agent for over 10 years and I cannot believe it will sell at that price. The LCBO will often post items at prices that are not real and this one is just not real.

esprit
Seasoned Drinker

Post by esprit »

Don't count on that price. I was Ayinger's agent for over 10 years and I cannot believe it will sell at that price. The LCBO will often post items at prices that are not real and this one is just not real.

spinrsx
Beer Superstar

Post by spinrsx »

is there another game of thrones beer coming? or was the take the black beer that last one?

icemachine
Beer Superstar

Post by icemachine »

spinrsx wrote:is there another game of thrones beer coming? or was the take the black beer that last one?
The new one (Fire & Blood Red Ale) will be released in NY on March 31st to coincide with the 4th season of GoT (April 6th)

I'm guessing it will show up some time in the summer, but you can check with Horizon Beers
"Everything ... is happening" - Bob Cole

icemachine
Beer Superstar

Post by icemachine »

icemachine wrote:
spinrsx wrote:is there another game of thrones beer coming? or was the take the black beer that last one?
The new one (Fire & Blood Red Ale) will be released in NY on March 31st to coincide with the 4th season of GoT (April 6th)

I'm guessing it will show up some time in the summer, but you can check with Horizon Beers
Asked Horizon on twitter yesterday
Peter Friesen ‏@friesenp 15h
@horizonbeers Will we get the new GoT Fire & Blood beer in Ontario this spring?

Horizon Beers ‏@horizonbeers 13h
@friesenp yes. Shld be there end of Apr-ish
So I'm guessing about a week after the season finale in June

Ukie
Bar Fly

Post by Ukie »

Originally 4 Game of Thrones beers were planned but it looks like their popularity has resulted in at least 2 more for a total of six to be released, according to USA Today:

http://www.usatoday.com/story/tech/2014 ... w/6203317/

icemachine
Beer Superstar

Post by icemachine »

Can't say I'm surprised, I expect they'll likely be releasing a new one with each season

Craig
Seasoned Drinker

Post by Craig »

LCBO ‏@LCBO 2m
.@ADAMS_APP Rochefort 10 Trappist ale will indeed be reappearing! We don't have an exact date yet but it will be 330 mL and item #6569 #beer

spinrsx
Beer Superstar

Post by spinrsx »

Muskoka Brewery ‏@MuskokaBrewery 1h

Cellar-aged Legendary Oddity hitting @mybeerstore and @LCBO shelves soon.

cellar aged??

TheSevenDuffs
Beer Superstar

Post by TheSevenDuffs »

spinrsx wrote:Muskoka Brewery ‏@MuskokaBrewery 1h

cellar aged??
So the stuff that didn't sell last year is being re-packaged and sold as a vintage release? lol

I can't be the only one around here with ZERO interest in these Muskoka "cellar aged" beers, can I?

If you want your beer to sit around for a year before selling it, throw it in a bourbon or wine barrel.

liamt07
Bar Fly

Post by liamt07 »

cellar aged??
I bet it's the same thing as the "cellared" Winter Beard - aka. "we didn't sell our entire batch of last year's beer, so we took it back, put it away for a year, and are going to release it for $5 more than it would cost for a fresh bottle, even though it probably doesn't taste as good"

Beer'n'gin

Post by Beer'n'gin »

TheSevenDuffs wrote:

So the stuff that didn't sell last year is being re-packaged and sold as a vintage release? lol

I can't be the only one around here with ZERO interest in these Muskoka "cellar aged" beers, can I?.
+1 Really put off by this practice, I haven't bought any cellar-aged or vintages from them.

Beer'n'gin

Post by Beer'n'gin »

squeaky wrote:LCBO ‏@LCBO 2m
.@ADAMS_APP Rochefort 10 Trappist ale will indeed be reappearing! We don't have an exact date yet but it will be 330 mL and item #6569 #beer
That was me asking about the Rochefort 10. Curious as to the price hike on this one.