Looking for the original Bar Towel blog? You can find it at www.thebartowel.com.

We have a trivia question in order to register to prevent bots. If you have any issues with answering, contact us at cass@bartowel.com for help.

Introducing Light Mode! If you would like a Bar Towel social experience that isn't the traditional blue, you can now select Light Mode. Go to the User Control Panel and then Board Preferences, and select "Day Drinking" (Light Mode) from the My Board Style drop-down menu. You can always switch back to "Night Drinking" (Dark Mode). Enjoy!

Coming Soon to the LCBO

This forum is for discussing everything beer retail: LCBO, Beer Store, Grocery Stores and Indie Stores.

Moderators: Craig, Cass

saints_gambit
Bar Fly

Post by saints_gambit »

Gee, guy. I like Winterbrewed and Burnt Rock too, but this four pack is probably going to come out while we're still wearing shorts.

Besides, St. Luke's Verse was really pretty decently balanced. I'd like to try it on a patio. Not a good February release in retrospect.
saintjohnswort.ca

spinrsx
Beer Superstar

Post by spinrsx »

Keep6 just instagramed that peche was coming back to the lcbo this fall

nickw

Post by nickw »

PeenSteen wrote:As you will be able to tell some of these are clearly christmas/holiday packs
Rogue Dad's Little Helper
this was on the shelf at King and Spadina this afternoon. can't seem to find it on the LCBO website (unsurprisingly...)

JeffPorter
Beer Superstar

Post by JeffPorter »

Apprarently NAC is bringing Smutty Nose in, according to their FB page. They have a picture of the porter and say it's coming in the fall...
"What can you say about Pabst Blue Ribbon that Dennis Hopper hasn’t screamed in the middle of an ether binge?" - Jordan St. John

ercousin

Post by ercousin »

JeffPorter wrote:Apprarently NAC is bringing Smutty Nose in, according to their FB page. They have a picture of the porter and say it's coming in the fall...
I believe King (or I guess Barn Door?) is planning on selling a robust porter as well.

Ceecee

Post by Ceecee »

Karma Citra is half-assedly listed on the Food & Drink site.

Product number 394213.

spinrsx
Beer Superstar

Post by spinrsx »

oh man - one of my favorite beers coming soon to the LCBO in can format

spinrsx
Beer Superstar

Post by spinrsx »

still no sign of the St Bernardus Wit or the Brooklyn Soriachi Ace? :(

A
Bar Fly

Post by A »

That Sorachi Ace is going to be completely stale by now anyways

Belgian
Bar Towel Legend

Post by Belgian »

A wrote:That Sorachi Ace is going to be completely stale by now anyways
This is not a joke that a whole shipment of product is being ruined by, say, stupidity.

I would still love to see the St Bernie Wit though! Extremely tasty fresh. It has the silver label I think (I had a long-expired bottle at Castro's that tasted like old lemonade.)
In Beerum Veritas

ercousin

Post by ercousin »

Belgian wrote:
A wrote:That Sorachi Ace is going to be completely stale by now anyways
This is not a joke that a whole shipment of product is being ruined by, say, stupidity.

I would still love to see the St Bernie Wit though! Extremely tasty fresh. It has the silver label I think (I had a long-expired bottle at Castro's that tasted like old lemonade.)
Happens so often we might as well accept it. Flying Monkeys Shoulders of Giants, Green Flash West Coast IPA, most of the IPAs from Norway/Denmark, list goes on...

atomeyes
Beer Superstar

Post by atomeyes »

thought the St Berny wit isn't coming at all.

such a shame. such a world class beer.

it would have marked the first time in ages that i'd be buying a beer at the LCBO. it's actually amazing as to how little I spend there. their stupid seasonal programs and lack of selection mean that i literally buy beer there 5-6 times a year. I'll go stock up on Roch10, but that will be it until Christmas, maybe.

PeenSteen
Bar Fly

Post by PeenSteen »

St. Bernardus Wit is in the warehouse now by the looks of it, Sorachi Ace isn't even here yet.

PeenSteen
Bar Fly

Post by PeenSteen »

Southern Tier Warlock
Sam Adams Fat Jack
Beavertown Black Betty
Malmgårdin Panimo Arctic Circle Ale
Tree Jumpin Jack
Steamworks Pumpkin Ale
Howe Sound Lager
Hockley Legend Of The Bay Giants Tomb

Sorry for any I posted earlier

vandutchy

Post by vandutchy »

Ceecee wrote:Karma Citra is half-assedly listed on the Food & Drink site.

Product number 394213.
Karma Citra is in stores now. Picked up a few bottles yesterday at Cooper St.