Looking for the original Bar Towel blog? You can find it at www.thebartowel.com.

We have a trivia question in order to register to prevent bots. If you have any issues with answering, contact us at cass@bartowel.com for help.

Introducing Light Mode! If you would like a Bar Towel social experience that isn't the traditional blue, you can now select Light Mode. Go to the User Control Panel and then Board Preferences, and select "Day Drinking" (Light Mode) from the My Board Style drop-down menu. You can always switch back to "Night Drinking" (Dark Mode). Enjoy!

Coming Soon to the LCBO

This forum is for discussing everything beer retail: LCBO, Beer Store, Grocery Stores and Indie Stores.

Moderators: Craig, Cass

Kish84
Bar Fly

Post by Kish84 »

Ha! Before seeing these comments I decided to have a 2012 Tempest. While it was still good, there was a taste I didn't like in it. I think Double Tempest is up next.
"There's always money in the banana stand."

admviolin

Post by admviolin »

I've been collecting the Unibroue 17 for a few years now...It ages great after one year. Not sure about more time, we will see this fall/winter. I'm also sitting on a few years worth of Deus, but I'm not sure why. :)

BakaGaijin

Post by BakaGaijin »

admviolin wrote:I've been collecting the Unibroue 17 for a few years now...It ages great after one year. Not sure about more time, we will see this fall/winter. I'm also sitting on a few years worth of Deus, but I'm not sure why. :)
I'm pretty sure that the Unibroue 17 that won a pile of awards at the WBA was aged 3 years. Perhaps this is what the brewery thinks is the sweet spot.

JeffPorter
Beer Superstar

Post by JeffPorter »

Kish84 wrote:Ha! Before seeing these comments I decided to have a 2012 Tempest. While it was still good, there was a taste I didn't like in it. I think Double Tempest is up next.
I've saved all the versions of Tempest, and I have to say I like it best fresh.
"What can you say about Pabst Blue Ribbon that Dennis Hopper hasn’t screamed in the middle of an ether binge?" - Jordan St. John

rfrf

Post by rfrf »

2012 tempest was my fav from the 2011,12,13 flight at the XX Tempest release

Blasphomet

Post by Blasphomet »

Unibroue 17 was incredible after a year. I still have a bottle from each of the past three years. An all time favourite beer for me,though. I should have remembered to mention that one. Perfect style for aging though in my opinion.

I have a couple years of the tempest as well, but I think I'm going to start hitting the cellared imperial stouts come the fall/winter.

For the dude with the Founders Breakfast Stout... I'd probably say drink that shit now. All of the Founders brews seemed to me on initial tasting like terrible beer to age.

spinrsx
Beer Superstar

Post by spinrsx »

from sawdusts fb page "Red Rocket spiced stout is coming to the LCBO! Look for it on the shelves of your local store early this Fall"

El Pinguino
Seasoned Drinker

Post by El Pinguino »

All this Tempest talk....anyone know if it is being brewed again for 2014? I would imagine so?

spinrsx
Beer Superstar

Post by spinrsx »

coming to the lcbo in october:

schomberger

Post by schomberger »

^oh good---another VANILLA porter / stout....

distr0

Post by distr0 »

rfrf wrote:2012 tempest was my fav from the 2011,12,13 flight at the XX Tempest release
word

PeenSteen
Bar Fly

Post by PeenSteen »

Bushpilot Norseman Armagnac Barrel Aged Eisbock
Hogsback Aporkalypse Now Oatmeal Bacon Stout

groulxsome

Post by groulxsome »

PeenSteen wrote:Bushpilot Norseman Armagnac Barrel Aged Eisbock
Oh, some nice subtle beers!

ChrisK

Post by ChrisK »

I've been looking forward to that eisbock quite a bit. The test batch at cask days last year was promising.

Belgian
Bar Towel Legend

Post by Belgian »

groulxsome wrote:
PeenSteen wrote:Bushpilot Norseman Armagnac Barrel Aged Eisbock
Oh, some nice subtle beers!
I'm thinking about an ice cream float with my Ballast Point Victory at Sea Coffee Vanilla Imperial Porter. Is there ice cream with fried octopus?
In Beerum Veritas