Looking for the original Bar Towel blog? You can find it at www.thebartowel.com.

We have a trivia question in order to register to prevent bots. If you have any issues with answering, contact us at cass@bartowel.com for help.

Introducing Light Mode! If you would like a Bar Towel social experience that isn't the traditional blue, you can now select Light Mode. Go to the User Control Panel and then Board Preferences, and select "Day Drinking" (Light Mode) from the My Board Style drop-down menu. You can always switch back to "Night Drinking" (Dark Mode). Enjoy!

Coming Soon to the LCBO

This forum is for discussing everything beer retail: LCBO, Beer Store, Grocery Stores and Indie Stores.

Moderators: Craig, Cass

icemachine
Beer Superstar

Post by icemachine »

Belgian wrote:
groulxsome wrote:
PeenSteen wrote:Bushpilot Norseman Armagnac Barrel Aged Eisbock
Hogsback Aporkalypse Now Oatmeal Bacon Stout
Oh, some nice subtle beers!
I'm thinking about an ice cream float with my Ballast Point Victory at Sea Coffee Vanilla Imperial Porter. Is there ice cream with fried octopus?
Red Bean?
"Everything ... is happening" - Bob Cole

PeenSteen
Bar Fly

Post by PeenSteen »

Old Tomorrow - Canadian Pale Ale
Lake Of The Woods - Sultana Golden Ale
Stack Brewing - Saturday Night
Railway City - Double Dead Elephant
Flying Monkeys - Paranormal Imperial Pumpkin Ale
New Holland - Dragons Milk
St. Ambroise Oatmeal Stout (tall cans)
Hornbeer - The Fundamental Blackhorn
Midtfyns - Chili Tripel
Midtfyns - Double IPA

spinrsx
Beer Superstar

Post by spinrsx »

PeenSteen wrote: New Holland - Dragons Milk
yay! hopefully this actually comes in, unlike the brooklyn sorachi ace

nickw

Post by nickw »

Pretty excited to see that Lake of the Woods is coming east. A basic golden ale doesn't excite me, but my nostalgia for Kenora (I grew up in Winnipeg and spent a lot of time on LotW growing up) will make that one stand out to me. Because craft beer doesn't always have to be about the best/rarest/most complex beer.

schomberger

Post by schomberger »

Excellent to see ST. A oatmeal coming in cans; hopefully the distribution will be more widespread than the six packs were.

Belgian
Bar Towel Legend

Post by Belgian »

schomberger wrote:Excellent to see ST. A oatmeal coming in cans; hopefully the distribution will be more widespread than the six packs were.
^ St. Amby Biére Noire/Oatmeal Stout straddles a nice line between serious craft and everyday beer, it is a nice product and tall cans gives it even better market reach alongside Hockley Stout and Guinness, et al.
In Beerum Veritas

admviolin

Post by admviolin »

Congratulations to Stack for getting a product in the LCBO! My girlfriend's family is in Sudbury so I have been following Stack's story from the beginning.

Lukie

Post by Lukie »

Whats been happening with Orval? Will it ever make a comeback?

atomeyes
Beer Superstar

Post by atomeyes »

Lukie wrote:Whats been happening with Orval? Will it ever make a comeback?
This is why i bought a case almost 2 years ago. it hits its stride 2 years after bottling date. I can now start to drink it w/o having to worry about the stupid LCBO bringing a world class beer in every 2-3 years.

Belgian
Bar Towel Legend

Post by Belgian »

atomeyes wrote:(re: Orval) I can now start to drink it w/o having to worry about the stupid LCBO bringing a world class beer in every 2-3 years.
^ guys remember this when Saison Dupont hits in a month or two, you won't be sorry having a dozen or so on hand for year-round drinking.

I bought a few cases Orval since you mention! Awesome stuff.
In Beerum Veritas

esprit
Seasoned Drinker

Post by esprit »

I've got Orval available in Consignment and it'll be part of the LCBO's Spring 2015 release.

Peter
espritagencies@sympatico.ca

El Pinguino
Seasoned Drinker

Post by El Pinguino »

I don't know why....but Saison Dupont never really excites me. It should....

Have a few Orvals kicking around from the last time they were in stock...that beer does excite my palate, so good!

Blasphomet

Post by Blasphomet »

Did I read here somewhere that there was another chili beer coming to the LCBO, and is it there now? I have bee quite busy over the past month or so and have not been paying much attention to new arrivals. I would love it if some you can recommend some 'must buys' for me to seek out, rather than having to read back through a bunch of pages.

Cheers!

Craig
Seasoned Drinker

Post by Craig »

There's not much in the way of 'Must Buys' there now, because we're in the lull just before the fall seasonal releases. For a look at the fun stuff coming up soon (week of the 14th, but we all know how the LCBO gets along with release dates) look here:

http://www.bartowel.com/board/viewtopic.php?t=9789
http://www.bartowel.com/board/viewtopic.php?t=9790
http://www.bartowel.com/board/viewtopic.php?t=9788

ECBS

Post by ECBS »

Blasphomet wrote:Did I read here somewhere that there was another chili beer coming to the LCBO, and is it there now? I have bee quite busy over the past month or so and have not been paying much attention to new arrivals. I would love it if some you can recommend some 'must buys' for me to seek out, rather than having to read back through a bunch of pages.

Cheers!

And I'm guessing the chili beer you're referring to is the one mentioned right at the top of this page (Midtfyns - Chili Tripel), along with several other beers on the horizon!