Looking for the original Bar Towel blog? You can find it at www.thebartowel.com.

We have a trivia question in order to register to prevent bots. If you have any issues with answering, contact us at cass@bartowel.com for help.

Introducing Light Mode! If you would like a Bar Towel social experience that isn't the traditional blue, you can now select Light Mode. Go to the User Control Panel and then Board Preferences, and select "Day Drinking" (Light Mode) from the My Board Style drop-down menu. You can always switch back to "Night Drinking" (Dark Mode). Enjoy!

Coming Soon to the LCBO

This forum is for discussing everything beer retail: LCBO, Beer Store, Grocery Stores and Indie Stores.

Moderators: Craig, Cass

spinrsx
Beer Superstar

Post by spinrsx »

saw that this has a product number now..

Rogue Yellow Snow 5l Party Keg

hopefully it will be somewhat fresh? (no chance)

Hawks28

Post by Hawks28 »

midlife crisis wrote:Presume it will come in cans in ON though, like the rest of the Creemore lineup?

I picked up a 625 ML bottle today

midlife crisis
Beer Superstar

Post by midlife crisis »

Thanks - will take a look for that.

spinrsx
Beer Superstar

Post by spinrsx »

lcbo is advertising a carry tote that includes: Höss Holzar-Bier, Doppel-Hirsch and Allgauer Öko Bier Helles

spinrsx
Beer Superstar

Post by spinrsx »

also from black oak's twitter:

Guess what we're shipping to the @LCBO this week. Watch for it on the shelves soon!

looks interesting to me

Craig
Seasoned Drinker

Post by Craig »

I'm not really sure what to think about a barrel aged quad from Black Oak. Hopefully it's awesome. If anyone tries it soon, please post your thoughts.

biegaman
Bar Fly

Post by biegaman »

spinrsx wrote:lcbo is advertising a carry tote that includes: Höss Holzar-Bier, Doppel-Hirsch and Allgauer Öko Bier Helles
It's supposed to be a liederhosen gift pack for Oktoberfest but it's hard to tell from that picture. Hope the one on the shelves here looks better than that...

Belgian
Bar Towel Legend

Post by Belgian »

biegaman wrote:It's supposed to be a liederhosen gift pack for Oktoberfest ...
Really, it comes with singing pants? :)

Would like to try the Allgauer Ökobier Helles, but the Höss Doppel Hirsch just reminds me how much we are missing Weltenburger Asam-Bock.

The Höss Holzar-Bier was fine but forgettable. Hmm... although still with singing pants AND a new Höss beer...
In Beerum Veritas

cfrancis
Bar Fly

Post by cfrancis »

I had a "masse" of the Allgauer Fest bier last week in Germany. It's not memorable. I'm assuming this is the same.

Belgian
Bar Towel Legend

Post by Belgian »

cfrancis wrote:I had a "Mass" of the Allgauer Fest bier last week in Germany. It's not memorable. I'm assuming this is the same.
I believe Ökologisch just means ecologic/organic - it's a Dortmunder/Helles, not an Oktoberfest/Märzen. You had this one? Oh well.

(The Holzar-Bier's a Zwickel/Kellerbier.)

For the Fest, I would recommend the newly-bottled Creemore Oktoberfest over most things I've tried, and I have some very nice Firestone Walker Oak and Victory Fest on hand. Prost!
In Beerum Veritas

skootles

Post by skootles »

Craig wrote:I'm not really sure what to think about a barrel aged quad from Black Oak. Hopefully it's awesome. If anyone tries it soon, please post your thoughts.
I tried it at their ABV event last thursday. I was kind of disappointed. It was still good, but a bit overhyped. I still gave it a 4/5. I'd still pick up a couple, maybe cellar a few as well.

dale cannon

Post by dale cannon »

Belgian wrote:
biegaman wrote:It's supposed to be a liederhosen gift pack for Oktoberfest ...
Really, it comes with singing pants? :)

Would like to try the Allgauer Ökobier Helles, but the Höss Doppel Hirsch just reminds me how much we are missing Weltenburger Asam-Bock.

The Höss Holzar-Bier was fine but forgettable. Hmm... although still with singing pants AND a new Höss beer...
That's the way she goes. Sometimes she goes, sometimes it doesn't. She didn't go. That's the way she goes.

sofakingdrunk
Bar Fly

Post by sofakingdrunk »

^^^^^^i do believe that's Postman Pat

PeenSteen
Bar Fly

Post by PeenSteen »

Innis & Gunn Rare Oak Pale Ale
Ilkley The Mayan (Chocolate Chipotle Stout)
Steamworks Blitzen
3M Grande Cuvee American Barleywine
Midtfyns DIPA
Unibroue La Resolution - some sort of Christmas beer
Westmalle Dubbel
Ommegang Game Of Thrones Valar Morghulis
Alexander Keiths Saphir Hop Ale

Lukie

Post by Lukie »

PeenSteen wrote:Innis & Gunn Rare Oak Pale Ale
Ilkley The Mayan (Chocolate Chipotle Stout)
Steamworks Blitzen
3M Grande Cuvee American Barleywine
Midtfyns DIPA
Unibroue La Resolution - some sort of Christmas beer
Westmalle Dubbel
Ommegang Game Of Thrones Valar Morghulis
Alexander Keiths Saphir Hop Ale
Oh baby, let's hope the Dubbel doesn't sail over the Bermuda Triangle like Orval.