Looking for the original Bar Towel blog? You can find it at www.thebartowel.com.

We have a trivia question in order to register to prevent bots. If you have any issues with answering, contact us at cass@bartowel.com for help.

Introducing Light Mode! If you would like a Bar Towel social experience that isn't the traditional blue, you can now select Light Mode. Go to the User Control Panel and then Board Preferences, and select "Day Drinking" (Light Mode) from the My Board Style drop-down menu. You can always switch back to "Night Drinking" (Dark Mode). Enjoy!

Coming Soon to the LCBO

This forum is for discussing everything beer retail: LCBO, Beer Store, Grocery Stores and Indie Stores.

Moderators: Craig, Cass

lister
Beer Superstar

Post by lister »

I always look forward to the Westmalle Dubbel. It's one of the few Belgians that I like.
lister

dale cannon

Post by dale cannon »

sofakingdrunk wrote:^^^^^^i do believe that's Postman Pat
in fact it's his pedantic twin brother Polizist Patrik....
That's the way she goes. Sometimes she goes, sometimes it doesn't. She didn't go. That's the way she goes.

spinrsx
Beer Superstar

Post by spinrsx »

Cdnbeersnews just mentioned that delirium tremens is coming to the beer store. $4 per bottle

Lukie

Post by Lukie »

spinrsx wrote:Cdnbeersnews just mentioned that delirium tremens is coming to the beer store. $4 per bottle
Good to hear. Previously BS only made it available in kegs for like $300, but the whole enterprise with equipment and all seemed a bit cost prohibitive. $4.00 seems a tinge high, but its not too bad.

grub
Seasoned Drinker

Post by grub »

guess the 'BO decided to reverse their stance on the label? remember when this could be found around ultra cheap if you knew which stores to go in and ask for it... hidden in the back room of course.
@grubextrapolate // @biergotter // http://biergotter.org/

Belgian
Bar Towel Legend

Post by Belgian »

dale cannon wrote:
sofakingdrunk wrote:^^^^^^i do believe that's Postman Pat
in fact it's his pedantic twin brother Polizist Patrik....
Ve also have Ze World's Funniest Joke...
(But don't worry - you'd be immune to it! :))
In Beerum Veritas

dale cannon

Post by dale cannon »

Q: Who led the pedants' revolt?

A: Which Tyler.
That's the way she goes. Sometimes she goes, sometimes it doesn't. She didn't go. That's the way she goes.

GregClow
Beer Superstar

Post by GregClow »

grub wrote:guess the 'BO decided to reverse their stance on the label? remember when this could be found around ultra cheap if you knew which stores to go in and ask for it... hidden in the back room of course.
You're talking about the Tremens, I assume?

It's going to be at the Beer Store, not the LCBO. So the previous issue that kept it off the shelves - which was the name, I think, not the label - presumably won't apply anymore.

grub
Seasoned Drinker

Post by grub »

GregClow wrote:You're talking about the Tremens, I assume?

It's going to be at the Beer Store, not the LCBO. So the previous issue that kept it off the shelves - which was the name, I think, not the label - presumably won't apply anymore.
it's hard to keep track which laws the lcbo is choosing to enforce on which days and for which reasons. yeah, was referring to spinrsx posting that delerium tremens is going to be at TBS... i'd just expect whatever reason it was removed from LCBO shelves would still apply regardless of location.
@grubextrapolate // @biergotter // http://biergotter.org/

Blasphomet

Post by Blasphomet »

Anyone by chance know when exactly the Delirium will be available?

beerstodiscover
Bar Fly

Post by beerstodiscover »

Blasphomet wrote:Anyone by chance know when exactly the Delirium will be available?
The writeup in The Star today says it's "on shelves" but TBS site still lists it as "Kegs only". If The Star is correct, $2.95 per bottle ain't bad.

http://www.thestar.com/life/food_wine/2 ... tario.html

In case you didn't know: "The LCBO has no sense of humour."

icemachine
Beer Superstar

Post by icemachine »

I saw a BS tweet that said it was being stocked today (2nd October) and would show up online tomorrow
"Everything ... is happening" - Bob Cole

Belgian
Bar Towel Legend

Post by Belgian »

deepeary wrote:In case you didn't know: "The LCBO has no sense of humour."
Of course, this allows the Board to take itself seriously.
In Beerum Veritas

Ukie
Bar Fly

Post by Ukie »

icemachine wrote:I saw a BS tweet that said it was being stocked today (2nd October) and would show up online tomorrow
Correct. Listing in place but doubt any stock as yet.

$3.95 a bottle, $89.95 a 24.

spinrsx
Beer Superstar

Post by spinrsx »

so maybe this will be in the Spring release?
PeenSteen wrote: Fuller's Brewers Reserve Imperial Stout

also, what happened with this beer? TCB?
TCB wrote:
PeenSteen wrote:
spinrsx wrote:Brooklyn Sorachi Ace - YES! going to be drinking this stuff all summer long
Providing it actually gets here this time :)
It will arrive. The issue last time was that the Brooklyn 750ml bottles are heavy and the 12 pack was over the LCBO weight limit for cases by a few ounces. They are being repacked into 8 's in order to be compliant this time.