Looking for the original Bar Towel blog? You can find it at www.thebartowel.com.

We have a trivia question in order to register to prevent bots. If you have any issues with answering, contact us at cass@bartowel.com for help.

Introducing Light Mode! If you would like a Bar Towel social experience that isn't the traditional blue, you can now select Light Mode. Go to the User Control Panel and then Board Preferences, and select "Day Drinking" (Light Mode) from the My Board Style drop-down menu. You can always switch back to "Night Drinking" (Dark Mode). Enjoy!

Coming Soon to the LCBO

This forum is for discussing everything beer retail: LCBO, Beer Store, Grocery Stores and Indie Stores.

Moderators: Craig, Cass

spinrsx
Beer Superstar

Post by spinrsx »

is there a best of beau's 4 pack this xmas? Last few years there was..

edit: found this, but no mention of what that beers are

'In addition, four different recipe cards from Chef Bruce (including the Monte Cristo sandwiches and dark-beer-infused gingerbread, included as links below) will be inserted into Beau’s new holiday mix pack, Best of Beau’s, which hits LCBO shelves in early November.'

Ceecee

Post by Ceecee »

spinrsx wrote:is there a best of beau's 4 pack this xmas?
St. Luke’s Verse (lavender gruit), Winterbrewed (coffee-infused amber ale), Burnt Rock (vanilla porter), and Mission Accomplished (American-Style IPA)

meh.

http://www.beaus.ca/news/jul-04-14/best-of-beaus

spinrsx
Beer Superstar

Post by spinrsx »

Just read that 'big rig - black ipa' tall cans will be at the lcbo soon.

Bytowner
Seasoned Drinker

Post by Bytowner »

spinrsx wrote:Just read that 'big rig - black ipa' tall cans will be at the lcbo soon.
What an odd choice for their second (?) LCBO release. Would have liked the hopfenweisse.
Craft beer hipster before it was cool

S. St. Jeb
Seasoned Drinker

Post by S. St. Jeb »

Bytowner wrote:
spinrsx wrote:Just read that 'big rig - black ipa' tall cans will be at the lcbo soon.
What an odd choice for their second (?) LCBO release. Would have liked the hopfenweisse.
To each his own; I'd prefer a black IPA. Not questioning that, but just curious why you refer to it as an "odd" choice?

Bytowner
Seasoned Drinker

Post by Bytowner »

S. St. Jeb wrote:
Bytowner wrote:
To each his own; I'd prefer a black IPA. Not questioning that, but just curious why you refer to it as an "odd" choice?
Fair enough. Mostly just because I think it's a silly style of beer and don't believe it has been one of their year-round releases.
Craft beer hipster before it was cool

atomeyes
Beer Superstar

Post by atomeyes »

so...
when should we expect the influx of Sierra Nevada, Stone and BrewDog?

better question: when will be getting these regularly on tap?

even better question: what positive and/or negative effect will great US beer on tap have on many of the mediocre Ontario craft beer we're currently drinking (likely due to a lack of other options)?

spinrsx
Beer Superstar

Post by spinrsx »

Summer 2021?

skootles

Post by skootles »

atomeyes wrote:so...

Apparently starting next year (for Sierra Nevada at least).

http://bensbeerblog.com/2014/11/17/sier ... o-ontario/

BakaGaijin

Post by BakaGaijin »

even better question: what positive and/or negative effect will great US beer on tap have on many of the mediocre Ontario craft beer we're currently drinking (likely due to a lack of other options)?
I like to support local, but I don't support mediocrity. Hopefully, some of the mediocre Ontario brewers up their game and the ones that don't go out of business.

It really depends how big this 'influx' is though. Could have no significant impact at all.

midlife crisis
Beer Superstar

Post by midlife crisis »

Very little. Had a few different Sierra Nevada's at Cask Days. They were good, but hardly knocked my socks off. "Great" U.S. beer that puts our local brewers to shame is largely a myth IMO, at least insofar as what we're likely to get on tap. I'll continue to support Great Lakes, Nickel Brook and others, thanks.

MatttthewGeorge
Bar Fly

Post by MatttthewGeorge »

BakaGaijin wrote:It really depends how big this 'influx' is though. Could have no significant impact at all.
...like Rouge.
I used to sell beer. Now I don't.

velovampire
Seasoned Drinker

Post by velovampire »

MatttthewGeorge wrote:
BakaGaijin wrote:It really depends how big this 'influx' is though. Could have no significant impact at all.
...like Rouge.
I'll let Belgian handle that one... :wink:

Kish84
Bar Fly

Post by Kish84 »

I've heard February for Stone.

A local brewery that I'll leave nameless was complaining about these new beers coming through. They were pretty much told to make better beer to compete with the US brews.
"There's always money in the banana stand."

Belgian
Bar Towel Legend

Post by Belgian »

velovampire wrote:
MatttthewGeorge wrote:
...like Rouge.
I'll let Belgian handle that one... :wink:
Dont even car. 8)
In Beerum Veritas