Looking for the original Bar Towel blog? You can find it at www.thebartowel.com.

We have a trivia question in order to register to prevent bots. If you have any issues with answering, contact us at cass@bartowel.com for help.

Introducing Light Mode! If you would like a Bar Towel social experience that isn't the traditional blue, you can now select Light Mode. Go to the User Control Panel and then Board Preferences, and select "Day Drinking" (Light Mode) from the My Board Style drop-down menu. You can always switch back to "Night Drinking" (Dark Mode). Enjoy!

Coming Soon to the LCBO

This forum is for discussing everything beer retail: LCBO, Beer Store, Grocery Stores and Indie Stores.

Moderators: Craig, Cass

Belgian
Bar Towel Legend

Post by Belgian »

dale cannon wrote:Cheers!

cannondale/dale cannon
Dannon Cale

Dane Callon

Cane Nondal

Ann Can Dole

Nona Candle

A Non Led Can

En Clad Anon

^ ....... best one?
In Beerum Veritas

dale cannon

Post by dale cannon »

Belgian wrote:
dale cannon wrote:Cheers!

cannondale/dale cannon
Dannon Cale

Dane Callon

Cane Nondal

Ann Can Dole

Nona Candle

A Non Led Can

En Clad Anon

^ ....... best one?
Big anel
That's the way she goes. Sometimes she goes, sometimes it doesn't. She didn't go. That's the way she goes.

Belgian
Bar Towel Legend

Post by Belgian »

De Anal Canon wrote:Big anel
:-?
In Beerum Veritas

dale cannon

Post by dale cannon »

Roland + Russell wrote:Allow us to offer a combined answer to some individual questions.

ST IPA is shipped every three months and it is entirely possible that some, hopefully really miniscule, quantities from the previous shipment are lurking around in a few bars or stores. Obviously, we are trying to strike the best possible balance between freshness and low cost of bulk transportation. When achieved, this leads to a great tasting product at a reasonable price.

Product calls are nowadays limited in most cases to 4 applications per agency. We think you will appreciate how hard is to put forward a selection of 4 applications, when trying to take into account often conflicting objectives such as a brand's growth on the market, introducing new brands, styles or regions and so on.

Needless to say, we're 100% committed to the growth of Southern Tier in this market. New submissions are being made, and we are simultaneously pushing for alternative ways of bringing their beers to Ontario.

Gemini happens to be one of our favourite beers of all times, so for this selfish reason too, we will strive to bring it again in the near future.

Given Southern Tier's popularity and ever growing demand we feel rather lucky that they still continue to engage in this market despite the unique demands it presents.

Many, many thanks for your support and please do not hesitate to contact us at any time with your questions, requests and concerns.

Cheers!
Thanks for the explanation R + R. I managed to find some much more recent ST IPA.

And glad to hear of your enthusiasm for Gemini!
That's the way she goes. Sometimes she goes, sometimes it doesn't. She didn't go. That's the way she goes.

Roland + Russell

Post by Roland + Russell »

groulxsome wrote:
Roland + Russell wrote:
atomeyes wrote: then perhaps give some timelines/dates to show him otherwise?
just a suggestion...

Perhaps, both sides should elaborate on their position and even, if required, present some evidence to their claim.

Why not extend the privilege to go first to the party that made the original claim that the ST Goat Boy will be a year old by the time it hits this market.
OK, all this aside. R+R, is it safe to say this is a newer batch of Goat Boy? Seems logical to assume it should be since the last batch is probably long, long sold, but people on this site have been know to make logical leaps about beer and marital status in the past.

In short, R+R, is it a late 2014 or early 2015 batch? I'm excited to try it either way.
Sorry, did not see this last part of your post... Our batch of Goat Boy has not been brewed. Actual brew day depends on the timing of the PO, we expect the PO to be issued late next week and will know more shortly afterwards.

One way or another, Goat Boy has a snowball's chance in hell to celebrate its 1st birthday on the LCBO shelves this Spring.

Cheers,
Roland + Russell
www.rolandandrussell.com
twitter.com/RolandRussell

velovampire
Seasoned Drinker

Post by velovampire »

Roland + Russell wrote:One way or another, Goat Boy has a snowball's chance in hell to celebrate its 1st birthday on the LCBO shelves this Spring.

Baulz

Post by Baulz »

Baulz wrote:
spinrsx wrote:
PeenSteen wrote:As you will be able to tell some of these are clearly christmas/holiday packs

Rogue Yellow Snow 5L Mini keg
Wonder what happened to the lindemans pack.
Will we actually see the Rogue mini kegs before Christmas?
Rogue mini kegs are gone from the lcbo site... boo-urns.

spinrsx
Beer Superstar

Post by spinrsx »

Sawdust city - Long, Dark Voyage to Uranus will be back at the lcbo in January

S. St. Jeb
Seasoned Drinker

Post by S. St. Jeb »

spinrsx wrote:Sawdust city - Long, Dark Voyage to Uranus will be back at the lcbo in January
In 473 mL cans this time I believe.

Blasphomet

Post by Blasphomet »

S. St. Jeb wrote:
spinrsx wrote:Sawdust city - Long, Dark Voyage to Uranus will be back at the lcbo in January
In 473 mL cans this time I believe.
With the move of Lone Pine to tall cans.... I find I love the beer so much more. I don't know what it is. But it just tastes like a far, far better beer. Now one of my favourites.

spinrsx
Beer Superstar

Post by spinrsx »

JeffPorter
Beer Superstar

Post by JeffPorter »

spinrsx wrote:Coming soon to the lcbo

http://www.amsterdambeer.com/beers/cruiser/
It's really nice - I quite prefer the hop profile in this too Boneshaker or Fracture. Though at 5%, not exactly what I'd call an "all day" pale ale. More hop aroma and flavour as opposed to bitterness.
"What can you say about Pabst Blue Ribbon that Dennis Hopper hasn’t screamed in the middle of an ether binge?" - Jordan St. John

mgmoney

Post by mgmoney »

So what ABV would you consider an all day pale ale?
Everytime I learn something new I forget something old...like that time I learned to make wine and then forgot how to drive...

matt7215
Beer Superstar

Post by matt7215 »

mgmoney wrote:So what ABV would you consider an all day pale ale?
Id say sub 4.5% is ok but sub 4% is ideal, I could drink Bellwoods Stay Classy at 2.8% all day

JeffPorter
Beer Superstar

Post by JeffPorter »

matt7215 wrote:
mgmoney wrote:So what ABV would you consider an all day pale ale?
Id say sub 4.5% is ok but sub 4% is ideal, I could drink Bellwoods Stay Classy at 2.8% all day
Yeah, I was thinking closer to 4 than 5. Not complaining - it's a fabulous beer. As I said, probably the best hoppy beer they've done.
"What can you say about Pabst Blue Ribbon that Dennis Hopper hasn’t screamed in the middle of an ether binge?" - Jordan St. John