Looking for the original Bar Towel blog? You can find it at www.thebartowel.com.

We have a trivia question in order to register to prevent bots. If you have any issues with answering, contact us at cass@bartowel.com for help.

Introducing Light Mode! If you would like a Bar Towel social experience that isn't the traditional blue, you can now select Light Mode. Go to the User Control Panel and then Board Preferences, and select "Day Drinking" (Light Mode) from the My Board Style drop-down menu. You can always switch back to "Night Drinking" (Dark Mode). Enjoy!

Coming Soon to the LCBO

This forum is for discussing everything beer retail: LCBO, Beer Store, Grocery Stores and Indie Stores.

Moderators: Craig, Cass

vandutchy

Post by vandutchy »

velovampire wrote:
Derek wrote:From Central City,
Look what we have coming to an LCBO near you. Yes, we are proud to announce we will have our Red Racer ISA in 473ml cans in Ontario from April.
As far as ISA's go, it's not bad. Good camping beer!
NOT coming from Central City:
http://robot6.comicbookresources.com/20 ... ilarities/
Too bad it was not their Pale Ale or ESB coming to the LCBO but good to see at least another product from them being available to us here in Ontario

Belgian
Bar Towel Legend

Post by Belgian »

vandutchy wrote:Too bad it was not their Pale Ale or ESB coming to the LCBO but good to see at least another product from Central City being available to us here in Ontario
I agree, I think we must have a lot of good Canadian breweries that can use our support, and if these are at least as good as lot of imports the more we can support them and help them grow and thrive the better.

I'm not protectionist in the least. There are efficiencies in relying on your local and national production, one of which ought to be better pricing for the consumer who is remotely thinking of retiring one day.
In Beerum Veritas

velovampire
Seasoned Drinker

Post by velovampire »

Belgian wrote:
velovampire wrote:NOT coming from Central City:
Well that's funny. If they are creatively bankrupt, why don't they just make chocolate beers with tie-ins to Canadian rock bands?
:lol:

El Pinguino
Seasoned Drinker

Post by El Pinguino »

velovampire wrote:
Belgian wrote:
velovampire wrote:NOT coming from Central City:
Well that's funny. If they are creatively bankrupt, why don't they just make chocolate beers with tie-ins to Canadian rock bands?
Wow, funny.
I imagine they outsource their label art...as do many brewers. So....whoever thought up that label has some explaining to do.

saints_gambit
Bar Fly

Post by saints_gambit »

El Pinguino wrote:
velovampire wrote:
Belgian wrote: Well that's funny. If they are creatively bankrupt, why don't they just make chocolate beers with tie-ins to Canadian rock bands?
Wow, funny.
I imagine they outsource their label art...as do many brewers. So....whoever thought up that label has some explaining to do.
Worrying thing is that it's going to be a whole series, so if they hadn't caught it on the first one, they probably would have found themselves in a whole big legal kerfuffle.
saintjohnswort.ca

spinrsx
Beer Superstar

Post by spinrsx »

Nickelbrook Winey Bastard LCBO# 419135 $14.95
dwt wrote:
PeenSteen wrote:Nickel Brook Winey Bastard
this was a $18.95 bottle at the brewery last I grabbed. Will be interesting to see how it does in the LCBO if it's at that price point
PeenSteen wrote:Beaus B-Side La Formidable
nice to have a Gigantic brewing beer in Ontario, had this on tap not generally a huge Beaus fan, but this was well done.

Blasphomet

Post by Blasphomet »

^^I drank one last night. It was outstanding. A truly unique beer in which the wine barrels did something so interesting... they gave it the quality of brett. It reminded me a lot of Bellwoods' Donkey Venom... one of my all time favourite beers. Will buy again, even at that price.

spinrsx
Beer Superstar

Post by spinrsx »

peen: any sign of Stone or Sierra Nevada coming to the LCBO? Both of the news releases from january said march/april for lcbo releases on these..

groulxsome

Post by groulxsome »

spinrsx wrote:peen: any sign of Stone or Sierra Nevada coming to the LCBO? Both of the news releases from january said march/april for lcbo releases on these..
It's not even July yet! They were slated for a August/September release date if you apply the normal four month LCBO cellaring program which most nice fresh beers coming into Ontario are subject to! :roll:

vandutchy

Post by vandutchy »

groulxsome wrote:
spinrsx wrote:peen: any sign of Stone or Sierra Nevada coming to the LCBO? Both of the news releases from january said march/april for lcbo releases on these..
It's not even July yet! They were slated for a August/September release date if you apply the normal four month LCBO cellaring program which most nice fresh beers coming into Ontario are subject to! :roll:
Thank you for contacting helloLCBO about Inquiry - Pappy Van Winkle & Sierra Nevada & Stone Brewing

You are still on the wait list for Pappy.

We are expecting Sierra Nevada Pale Ale within the next month or two:
LCBO No: 409854
UPC: 083783375213
Name: Sierra Nevada Pale Ale
Retail Price: $0.00

We do not carry Stone Brewing, you could go through our Private Ordering Department to place an order:
http://www.lcbo.com/content/lcbo/en/cor ... ering.html

Funny I sent an email to Hello LCBO yesterday on a few items and here is the response they sent.

lister
Beer Superstar

Post by lister »

There's a wait list for Pappy?
lister

atomeyes
Beer Superstar

Post by atomeyes »

lister wrote:There's a wait list for Pappy?
nope.
they brought in a limited supply, had an event and then raffled off the bottles (you paid $100 for the event and then had to buy your bottle if you won the raffle)

vandutchy

Post by vandutchy »

atomeyes wrote:
lister wrote:There's a wait list for Pappy?
nope.
they brought in a limited supply, had an event and then raffled off the bottles (you paid $100 for the event and then had to buy your bottle if you won the raffle)
actually we just had to submit our orders at the event but with the event being for about 60 - 70 people and the lcbo only getting 29 bottles of the 15yr old they were many of us who did not get it and were put on waiting lists in case someone decided not to buy it or did not call the lcbo with their credit card to pay for it......

spinrsx
Beer Superstar

Post by spinrsx »

They suggest private ordering stone? Could we private order cantillon/3f etc?

vandutchy wrote:
groulxsome wrote:
Thank you for contacting helloLCBO about Inquiry - Pappy Van Winkle & Sierra Nevada & Stone Brewing

You are still on the wait list for Pappy.

We are expecting Sierra Nevada Pale Ale within the next month or two:
LCBO No: 409854
UPC: 083783375213
Name: Sierra Nevada Pale Ale
Retail Price: $0.00

We do not carry Stone Brewing, you could go through our Private Ordering Department to place an order:
http://www.lcbo.com/content/lcbo/en/cor ... ering.html

Funny I sent an email to Hello LCBO yesterday on a few items and here is the response they sent.

El Pinguino
Seasoned Drinker

Post by El Pinguino »

We used to do a lot more private orders here in Bar Towel. I recall doing private orders for Great Divide Titan and Yeti...Southern Tier Un*Earthly, Brewdog Tactical Nuclear Penguin....

Not sure why they were more popular to do ~5 years ago...or maybe I just have not been interested in the beers offered in recent private orders.