Coming Soon to the LCBO

This forum is for discussing current and upcoming LCBO, Beer Store and Grocery Store releases and policies.

Moderators: GregClow, Cass

sprague11
Seasoned Drinker
Posts: 1903
Joined: Fri Sep 19, 2008 12:37 pm
Location: Newmarket, ON

Re: Coming Soon to the LCBO

Postby sprague11 » Thu Nov 12, 2015 5:54 pm

I will be pleasantly surprised if these actually go on sale that Friday AM.
"A good light beer is one that doesn't taste like piss!" - Frank d'Angelo
BakaGaijin
Posts: 460
Joined: Tue Jan 21, 2014 10:41 pm
Location: Burlington

Re: Coming Soon to the LCBO

Postby BakaGaijin » Thu Nov 12, 2015 8:52 pm

sprague11 wrote:I will be pleasantly surprised if these actually go on sale that Friday AM.


I just heard that these failed lab testing and are being sent back to the States. The vanilla levels exceed Ontario liquor limits by .005 ppm
rfrf
Posts: 213
Joined: Thu Jan 09, 2014 10:55 am

Re: Coming Soon to the LCBO

Postby rfrf » Thu Nov 12, 2015 10:48 pm

The price is great.. they were $27.99 in Chicago last year, so pretty much on par............ see you there.
AugustusRex
Posts: 136
Joined: Mon May 04, 2015 1:13 pm

Re: Coming Soon to the LCBO

Postby AugustusRex » Fri Nov 13, 2015 2:12 am

BakaGaijin wrote:
sprague11 wrote:I will be pleasantly surprised if these actually go on sale that Friday AM.


I just heard that these failed lab testing and are being sent back to the States. The vanilla levels exceed Ontario liquor limits by .005 ppm


Lol. I doubt the government could tell AB Inbev anything except "yes sir, no sir, three bags full sir". But everyone feel free to listen to BakaGaijin, don't show up on Black Friday, the Vanilla Rye won't be there...

Does anybody know the format? Are they sold in bombers or 4-packs?
atomeyes
Beer Superstar
Posts: 2151
Joined: Fri Oct 14, 2011 12:39 pm

Re: Coming Soon to the LCBO

Postby atomeyes » Fri Nov 13, 2015 4:02 am

PeenSteen wrote:
Care to elaborate on your well thought out post that clearly contributes meaningfully to this discussion?

Are you implying that the bottle count is low? Or the price is too high? I mean you can always just walk in to any bottle shop and pick one up off the shelf if that suits you better I suppose.


please Josh Rubin do not write a story on Black Friday...

please Josh Rubin do not write a story on Black Friday...

please Josh Rubin do not write a story on Black Friday...
BakaGaijin
Posts: 460
Joined: Tue Jan 21, 2014 10:41 pm
Location: Burlington

Re: Coming Soon to the LCBO

Postby BakaGaijin » Fri Nov 13, 2015 8:08 am

AugustusRex wrote:
BakaGaijin wrote:
sprague11 wrote:I will be pleasantly surprised if these actually go on sale that Friday AM.


I just heard that these failed lab testing and are being sent back to the States. The vanilla levels exceed Ontario liquor limits by .005 ppm


Lol. I doubt the government could tell AB Inbev anything except "yes sir, no sir, three bags full sir". But everyone feel free to listen to BakaGaijin, don't show up on Black Friday, the Vanilla Rye won't be there...

Does anybody know the format? Are they sold in bombers or 4-packs?


Bombers.
sprague11
Seasoned Drinker
Posts: 1903
Joined: Fri Sep 19, 2008 12:37 pm
Location: Newmarket, ON

Re: Coming Soon to the LCBO

Postby sprague11 » Fri Nov 13, 2015 10:33 am

Somebody cover my bail money and I'll take care of Josh Rubin tonight.

so what time are we all lining up for this? :D
"A good light beer is one that doesn't taste like piss!" - Frank d'Angelo
ckoop
Posts: 159
Joined: Wed Feb 05, 2014 8:09 am
Location: Niagara Falls

Re: Coming Soon to the LCBO

Postby ckoop » Fri Nov 13, 2015 1:57 pm

Well, if bellwoods releases Boyd that too, I think I'll take the day off work and likely skip bcbs hunting in buffalo.
ercousin
Posts: 453
Joined: Tue Jun 19, 2012 1:05 pm
Location: Toronto

Re: Coming Soon to the LCBO

Postby ercousin » Mon Nov 16, 2015 2:33 pm

This would be released at 10 am when Summerhill opens right?
GTA Brews - Toronto's Homebrew Club - http://www.gtabrews.ca/

Eric's Brewing Blog - Advanced Homebrewing for the Intermediate Brewer - http://www.ericbrews.com/
AugustusRex
Posts: 136
Joined: Mon May 04, 2015 1:13 pm

Re: Coming Soon to the LCBO

Postby AugustusRex » Mon Nov 16, 2015 5:44 pm

According to Goose Island's website, the Vanilla Rye has 35 IBU and uses only Columbus, which is a concentrated hop. Doesn't sound like a lot of hop. Are they going for something really sweet? Doesn't sound like a flavour profile I would usually go for, but I will make an exception.
ChrisK
Posts: 155
Joined: Mon May 14, 2012 3:07 pm
Location: Toronto

Re: Coming Soon to the LCBO

Postby ChrisK » Tue Nov 17, 2015 12:24 pm

AugustusRex wrote:According to Goose Island's website, the Vanilla Rye has 35 IBU and uses only Columbus, which is a concentrated hop. Doesn't sound like a lot of hop. Are they going for something really sweet? Doesn't sound like a flavour profile I would usually go for, but I will make an exception.


You are correct, bourbon county brand stout in general is a very sweet imperial stout wit the focus placed heavily on bourbon, vanilla, and chocolate flavors. The Vanilla Rye variant is going to be very heavy on sweet vanilla flavour with a bit of spice from the rye barrels according to what I've read. If you're not a fan of sweet stouts then you might find yourself disappointed.
User avatar
Blasphomet
Posts: 445
Joined: Tue Dec 04, 2012 11:07 am

Re: Coming Soon to the LCBO

Postby Blasphomet » Tue Nov 17, 2015 2:51 pm

Anyone know anything about a new Black Oak beer in the Epiphany series? I enjoyed those brews!
rejtable
Bar Fly
Posts: 631
Joined: Fri Nov 12, 2010 2:05 pm

Re: Coming Soon to the LCBO

Postby rejtable » Tue Nov 17, 2015 3:12 pm

ChrisK wrote:
AugustusRex wrote:According to Goose Island's website, the Vanilla Rye has 35 IBU and uses only Columbus, which is a concentrated hop. Doesn't sound like a lot of hop. Are they going for something really sweet? Doesn't sound like a flavour profile I would usually go for, but I will make an exception.


You are correct, bourbon county brand stout in general is a very sweet imperial stout wit the focus placed heavily on bourbon, vanilla, and chocolate flavors. The Vanilla Rye variant is going to be very heavy on sweet vanilla flavour with a bit of spice from the rye barrels according to what I've read. If you're not a fan of sweet stouts then you might find yourself disappointed.
I'm certainly no tasting expert, but I drank a pretty good amount of this a few months ago at some GI events in DC and it is a big vanilla bomb, in the best way possible!! Definitely very sweet. It hit the mark for me, for sure.
User avatar
alsiem
Posts: 113
Joined: Sun May 03, 2015 8:16 pm

Re: Coming Soon to the LCBO

Postby alsiem » Tue Nov 17, 2015 3:38 pm

ercousin wrote:This would be released at 10 am when Summerhill opens right?


Good luck with that.
User avatar
admviolin
Posts: 263
Joined: Thu Apr 05, 2012 4:35 pm
Location: Toronto
Contact:

Re: Coming Soon to the LCBO

Postby admviolin » Tue Nov 17, 2015 4:27 pm

Blasphomet wrote:Anyone know anything about a new Black Oak beer in the Epiphany series? I enjoyed those brews!


I heard talk of Epiphany no.3 a few months ago. I'll be there tomorrow, maybe I can give you an update. :D

Return to “LCBO, Beer Store and Grocery Stores”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 12 guests

cron