Looking for the original Bar Towel blog? You can find it at www.thebartowel.com.

We have a trivia question in order to register to prevent bots. If you have any issues with answering, contact us at cass@bartowel.com for help.

Introducing Light Mode! If you would like a Bar Towel social experience that isn't the traditional blue, you can now select Light Mode. Go to the User Control Panel and then Board Preferences, and select "Day Drinking" (Light Mode) from the My Board Style drop-down menu. You can always switch back to "Night Drinking" (Dark Mode). Enjoy!

Coming Soon to the LCBO

This forum is for discussing everything beer retail: LCBO, Beer Store, Grocery Stores and Indie Stores.

Moderators: Craig, Cass

CoolB

Post by CoolB »

spinrsx wrote:Yep, hop hunter kegs is my guess. Bottles at the lcbo in 2017
joykill, I'm not buying kegs. I drink too much already lol.
You know what I have in my cellar? Dust, I have dust in my cellar.

BakaGaijin

Post by BakaGaijin »

Apparantly, Rodenbach Charactere Rouge coming later this year to the LCBO. $14.

cfrancis
Bar Fly

Post by cfrancis »

BakaGaijin wrote:Apparantly, Rodenbach Charactere Rouge coming later this year to the LCBO. $14.
mmmmmmm

jeremyg

Post by jeremyg »

BakaGaijin wrote:Apparantly, Rodenbach Charactere Rouge coming later this year to the LCBO. $14.
whoa

atomeyes
Beer Superstar

Post by atomeyes »

i assumed we'd be getting it but heard otherwise.

kind o sucks. just brought one back from Europe. could have used that suitcase space for something else.

PeenSteen
Bar Fly

Post by PeenSteen »

atomeyes wrote:

kind o sucks. just brought one back from Europe. could have used that suitcase space for something else.
I checked today for any info on this but nothing so far to suggest that this is coming as of yet.

Belgian
Bar Towel Legend

Post by Belgian »

atomeyes wrote:kind o sucks. just brought one back from Europe. could have used that suitcase space for something else.
Bring back some De Dolle or De Struise next time, let's see if it happens again.
In Beerum Veritas

atomeyes
Beer Superstar

Post by atomeyes »

Belgian wrote:
atomeyes wrote:kind o sucks. just brought one back from Europe. could have used that suitcase space for something else.
Bring back some De Dolle or De Struise next time, let's see if it happens again.
i'm staying at De Struise in November for 2 nights. don't think this will be an issue whatsoever. :D

spinrsx
Beer Superstar

Post by spinrsx »

Coriolis Effect Berlinerweiss was created in collaboration with Toronto craft beer establishment Bar Hop, and is described as follows:

This kettle soured Berliner Weiss is being released just in time to enjoy on those warm sunny days. Sitting at 3.5% alcohol by volume, this tangy, German-style beer has refreshing lemon notes and pairs well with summer salads and white fish. “With a light malt profile a low alcohol content and a refreshingly tart finish, Coriolis Effect is the perfect summer beer,” said Sam Corbeil, brewmaster at Sawdust City Brewery. “It’s like lemonade for adults!”

Coriolis Effect will also be on the shelves soon at LCBO outlets for a limited summer run.

BakaGaijin

Post by BakaGaijin »

PeenSteen wrote:
atomeyes wrote:

I checked today for any info on this but nothing so far to suggest that this is coming as of yet.
I suspect not until later in the year. Was told to me by the agent. They have been asking about Alexander as well.....but haven't been able to get any response from Palm with regards to that beer.

S. St. Jeb
Seasoned Drinker

Post by S. St. Jeb »

One or more beers from Four Fathers coming to the LCBO and Beer Store this September according to this article.

http://www.brantfordexpositor.ca/2016/0 ... ink-to-pub

"Four Fathers beers already are available at about 50 pubs from London to Toronto and Orangeville to Hamilton and will debut at select LCBO and Beer store locations in September."

spinrsx
Beer Superstar

Post by spinrsx »

Booooooooooooooooooooooo

New at TBS:

Sierra Nevada Nooner
Keg 30000 ml Price: $245.20
CoolB wrote:
spinrsx wrote:From vonterra "Hey #sierranevada fans in Ontario, we have a big announcement coming next week on the arrival of something new on the way! Stay tuned."
Fingers crossed it's Hop Hunter!!

CoolB

Post by CoolB »

Nooner is ok and all but it's no hop hunter and it's not that exciting at all!
You know what I have in my cellar? Dust, I have dust in my cellar.

Blasphomet

Post by Blasphomet »

It figures now that we are getting all this Sierra Nevada beer as soon as, by all accounts, their quality is really starting to slip big time.

PeenSteen
Bar Fly

Post by PeenSteen »

Blasphomet wrote:It figures now that we are getting all this Sierra Nevada beer as soon as, by all accounts, their quality is really starting to slip big time.
Other than your own, what are all the other accounts of their quality starting to slip?