Looking for the original Bar Towel blog? You can find it at www.thebartowel.com.

We have a trivia question in order to register to prevent bots. If you have any issues with answering, contact us at cass@bartowel.com for help.

Introducing Light Mode! If you would like a Bar Towel social experience that isn't the traditional blue, you can now select Light Mode. Go to the User Control Panel and then Board Preferences, and select "Day Drinking" (Light Mode) from the My Board Style drop-down menu. You can always switch back to "Night Drinking" (Dark Mode). Enjoy!

Coming Soon to the LCBO

This forum is for discussing everything beer retail: LCBO, Beer Store, Grocery Stores and Indie Stores.

Moderators: Craig, Cass

BakaGaijin

Post by BakaGaijin »

spinrsx wrote:Karma Citra cans heading to LCBO stores in early October.

http://www.greatlakesbeer.com/good-karm ... eer-fresh/
This not as good as I remember as previous batches.....or maybe my palate has just been to spoiled by many New England IPA's recently.

Inkling

Post by Inkling »

spinrsx wrote:"One week from today (Friday the 14th) we're going to be throwing a party at the Lansdowne CRAFT Beer Market to celebrate Aromatherapy's LCBO launch! "

Beyond the Pale Aromatherapy is pretty solid IPA addition to the lcbo if you ask me.
I just picked up some from the brewery and Aromatherapy is great; very much enjoying it and will definitely pick up more if it's at the LCBO.

skootles

Post by skootles »

Napalm Frog wrote:Pink Fuzz actually came to Toronto twice. First time was a single case to Yonge & Eglinton early in the year, that went in 2-3 days. Second time I picked it up from King & Spadina or Summerhill I believe, in mid-April.
About a week or so ago I was at Summerhill and saw an employee go in back and grab some Pink Fuzz cans for a customer.

tiersforbeers

Post by tiersforbeers »

Blasphomet wrote:
skootles wrote:
Blasphomet wrote: So is this Aromatherapy going to be everywhere or just eastern Ontario like Pink Fuzz?
Not everywhere, just Ottawa area like Pink Fuzz.
Silly.
I work at the brewery and there's talk of branching out to Toronto with Aromatherapy in the future. I think there's enough room/demand in the LCBO for another premium IPA alongside GLB Tank X's, Collective Arts or Sawdust Lone Pine.

spinrsx
Beer Superstar

Post by spinrsx »

So aroma therapy is only at the lcbo for a limited time right? Not a regular listing?

BlackRedGold

Post by BlackRedGold »

Ceecee wrote:I like Stalwart's Bad Moon Rye Stout.
I've tried all their canned beers and the only ones I didn't really like were Zigzagger and The Bachelor. Dr Feelgood is really good.

CoolB

Post by CoolB »

Grand Reserve 17 is rolling out again. Some just arrived today at my wife's store.
You know what I have in my cellar? Dust, I have dust in my cellar.

sofakingdrunk
Bar Fly

Post by sofakingdrunk »

I was in store last night, and someone was putting out the first of the Xmas beers. Did a quick walk by the end of the aisle to sneak a peek. Saw a bunch of the usual suspects : bah humbug,Sam smiths warmer,st peters winter,giant grolsch,st bernardus Xmas ale,plus the double trouble mix pack, a new belhaven mix pack and a Sapporo pack, with what looked like 2 glasses. So maybe there's hope there were be some decent beer arriving with glasses

spinrsx
Beer Superstar

Post by spinrsx »

Stupid fall release beers are not even out yet.. lcbo busy shipping xmas beers? Poor gknight and lagunitas sucks :(

Winter is Coming

Post by Winter is Coming »

sofakingdrunk wrote:I was in store last night, and someone was putting out the first of the Xmas beers. Did a quick walk by the end of the aisle to sneak a peek. Saw a bunch of the usual suspects : bah humbug,Sam smiths warmer,st peters winter,giant grolsch,st bernardus Xmas ale,plus the double trouble mix pack, a new belhaven mix pack and a Sapporo pack, with what looked like 2 glasses. So maybe there's hope there were be some decent beer arriving with glasses
I wish the LCBO would stock that Rochefort pack that included the goblet, I missed out on that one the last time it hit our shelves.

walz22

Post by walz22 »

Anyone have any idea if the Cuvee Van de Keizer Blauw is coming back? Definitely miss that beer...

El Pinguino
Seasoned Drinker

Post by El Pinguino »

Winter is Coming wrote:
sofakingdrunk wrote:I was in store last night, and someone was putting out the first of the Xmas beers. Did a quick walk by the end of the aisle to sneak a peek. Saw a bunch of the usual suspects : bah humbug,Sam smiths warmer,st peters winter,giant grolsch,st bernardus Xmas ale,plus the double trouble mix pack, a new belhaven mix pack and a Sapporo pack, with what looked like 2 glasses. So maybe there's hope there were be some decent beer arriving with glasses
I wish the LCBO would stock that Rochefort pack that included the goblet, I missed out on that one the last time it hit our shelves.
My Xmas purchasing from LCBO has been extremely low in recent years.....due to lack of good packs with glasses.

Winter is Coming

Post by Winter is Coming »

Same, I believe the St. Bernardus Xmas 6-pack was the last one I picked up a couple years ago.

CoolB

Post by CoolB »

Had my first Karma last night in a few years and add me to the list that doesn't think it's as good as it used to be :(

Hopefully my taste buds were just off a bit last night.
You know what I have in my cellar? Dust, I have dust in my cellar.

jp_jkl

Post by jp_jkl »

CoolB wrote:Had my first Karma last night in a few years and add me to the list that doesn't think it's as good as it used to be :(

Hopefully my taste buds were just off a bit last night.
Chalk me up as another disappointed person with this batch of Karma Citra.