Looking for the original Bar Towel blog? You can find it at www.thebartowel.com.

We have a trivia question in order to register to prevent bots. If you have any issues with answering, contact us at cass@bartowel.com for help.

Introducing Light Mode! If you would like a Bar Towel social experience that isn't the traditional blue, you can now select Light Mode. Go to the User Control Panel and then Board Preferences, and select "Day Drinking" (Light Mode) from the My Board Style drop-down menu. You can always switch back to "Night Drinking" (Dark Mode). Enjoy!

Coming Soon to the LCBO

This forum is for discussing everything beer retail: LCBO, Beer Store, Grocery Stores and Indie Stores.

Moderators: Craig, Cass

spinrsx
Beer Superstar

Post by spinrsx »

wouldn't this be something.. from instagram

@keep6imports: because of the existing LCBO retail requirements and regulations bars and restaurants is our only option to sell cantillon. For the next order we may release cases on LCBO.com

El Pinguino
Seasoned Drinker

Post by El Pinguino »

spinrsx wrote:wouldn't this be something.. from instagram

@keep6imports: because of the existing LCBO retail requirements and regulations bars and restaurants is our only option to sell cantillon. For the next order we may release cases on LCBO.com
Short of some kind of raffle / random draw this will be sold out in seconds, gonna be a crapshoot like the few other highly touted online-only's that have popped up.

Great for the few that get lucky though!

Ukie
Bar Fly

Post by Ukie »

Founders KBS news release:

http://kbsweek.com/

Here's hoping for Ontario.

PS LCBO #491613

Ukie
Bar Fly

Post by Ukie »

Ukie wrote:Founders KBS news release:

PS LCBO #491613

*******Good news - Founders KBS has arrived and is in the warehouse

*******Bad News - Its in testing

GtownRandy

Post by GtownRandy »

i found a picture of the testing process:

Masterplan
Bar Fly

Post by Masterplan »

Ukie wrote:

PS LCBO #491613

Is it the 2016 release? Founders says the 2017 distribution will be April...?

Ukie
Bar Fly

Post by Ukie »

Masterplan wrote:
Ukie wrote:

PS LCBO #491613

Is it the 2016 release? Founders says the 2017 distribution will be April...?
KBS week starts March 6

I believe if you have a ticket and go to Founders in Michigan bottle pickup starts March 7

LC received their 9000+ bottles, should be 2017, I doubt they will be tested and released before March 7th. No price was listed yet.

atomeyes
Beer Superstar

Post by atomeyes »

Ukie wrote:
KBS week starts March 6

I believe if you have a ticket and go to Founders in Michigan bottle pickup starts March 7

LC received their 9000+ bottles, should be 2017, I doubt they will be tested and released before March 7th. No price was listed yet.
pretty sure the release daye was always going to be april

spinrsx
Beer Superstar

Post by spinrsx »

"A larger rollout of the 355 ml cans of Lug Tread is planned for Summer 2017 at the LCBO, grocery stores, and select summer festivals"

Hopefully they put all of their beer in cans and retire that 600ml bottle format someday.

http://www.momandhops.ca/beaus-introduces-355ml-cans/

Blasphomet

Post by Blasphomet »

spinrsx wrote:"A larger rollout of the 355 ml cans of Lug Tread is planned for Summer 2017 at the LCBO, grocery stores, and select summer festivals"

Hopefully they put all of their beer in cans and retire that 600ml bottle format someday.

http://www.momandhops.ca/beaus-introduces-355ml-cans/
I'd certainly give more of their beers a try than I do now. It's been a year since I bought anything from them.

sofakingdrunk
Bar Fly

Post by sofakingdrunk »

I was tired and quite drunk when I first read this news about lug tread. So drunk in fact, that I somehow read it as Fat Tug was switching to 355 cans. After re-reading and realizing it's lug tread/beaus, it's quite the comedown

spinrsx
Beer Superstar

Post by spinrsx »

Fat tug in cans would be fantastic
sofakingdrunk wrote:I was tired and quite drunk when I first read this news about lug tread. So drunk in fact, that I somehow read it as Fat Tug was switching to 355 cans. After re-reading and realizing it's lug tread/beaus, it's quite the comedown

IPA_Lover

Post by IPA_Lover »

spinrsx wrote:Fat tug in cans would be fantastic
sofakingdrunk wrote:I was tired and quite drunk when I first read this news about lug tread. So drunk in fact, that I somehow read it as Fat Tug was switching to 355 cans. After re-reading and realizing it's lug tread/beaus, it's quite the comedown
Did this get better all of a sudden? The last two times I got it I honestly couldn't understand what all the fuss was about. Did the LCBO get a fresh batch?
^^^Hop-head ^^^

atomeyes
Beer Superstar

Post by atomeyes »

people who get excited about Lug Treat in cans are the same people who think Boneshaker's a great IPA

spinrsx
Beer Superstar

Post by spinrsx »

I had Fat Tug on tap last week at the Craft Beer Market, it was amazing. I assume the lcbo bombers are not as impressive due to not being kept cold or freshness.
IPA_Lover wrote:
spinrsx wrote:Fat tug in cans would be fantastic
Did this get better all of a sudden? The last two times I got it I honestly couldn't understand what all the fuss was about. Did the LCBO get a fresh batch?