Looking for the original Bar Towel blog? You can find it at www.thebartowel.com.

We have a trivia question in order to register to prevent bots. If you have any issues with answering, contact us at cass@bartowel.com for help.

Introducing Light Mode! If you would like a Bar Towel social experience that isn't the traditional blue, you can now select Light Mode. Go to the User Control Panel and then Board Preferences, and select "Day Drinking" (Light Mode) from the My Board Style drop-down menu. You can always switch back to "Night Drinking" (Dark Mode). Enjoy!

Coming Soon to the LCBO

This forum is for discussing everything beer retail: LCBO, Beer Store, Grocery Stores and Indie Stores.

Moderators: Craig, Cass

spinrsx
Beer Superstar

Post by spinrsx »

Beyond the pale saison tropicale coming to the lcbo this summer

jp_jkl

Post by jp_jkl »

Lots of KBS at Summerhill today. 335 bottles when the store opened and it looks like about 100 bottles sold before noon.

Weebay

Post by Weebay »

jp_jkl wrote:Lots of KBS at Summerhill today. 335 bottles when the store opened and it looks like about 100 bottles sold before noon.
Apparently Restaurants have been snapping been snapping it up as well, Summerhill "lost" 144 bottles to one.

Gavin

Post by Gavin »

Ugh, that's what I'm afraid of. I want to grab a dozen, but I don't think I can make it to Summerhill until around 7 tonight.

Weebay

Post by Weebay »

Gavin wrote:Ugh, that's what I'm afraid of. I want to grab a dozen, but I don't think I can make it to Summerhill until around 7 tonight.
They are sold out as of right now.

ChrisK

Post by ChrisK »

Weebay wrote:
Gavin wrote:Ugh, that's what I'm afraid of. I want to grab a dozen, but I don't think I can make it to Summerhill until around 7 tonight.
Welp, so much for being able to buy some I guess. Do we have any idea if they'll show up in other locations? Aside from Queen's Quay, that is, which I assume will get some.

atomeyes
Beer Superstar

Post by atomeyes »

ChrisK wrote:
Weebay wrote:
Welp, so much for being able to buy some I guess. Do we have any idea if they'll show up in other locations? Aside from Queen's Quay, that is, which I assume will get some.
repeat after me:
9000 bottles in ontario
5000 going to the GTA
9000 bottles in ontario
5000 going to the GTA
9000 bottles in ontario
5000 going to the GTA
9000 bottles in ontario
5000 going to the GTA

Weebay

Post by Weebay »

atomeyes wrote: repeat after me:
9000 bottles in ontario
5000 going to the GTA
9000 bottles in ontario
5000 going to the GTA
9000 bottles in ontario
5000 going to the GTA
9000 bottles in ontario
5000 going to the GTA
I had set aside $65,000 specifically for KBS and now my plans are ruined.

ChrisK

Post by ChrisK »

atomeyes wrote:
ChrisK wrote:
Weebay wrote: They are sold out as of right now.
repeat after me:
9000 bottles in ontario
5000 going to the GTA
9000 bottles in ontario
5000 going to the GTA
9000 bottles in ontario
5000 going to the GTA
9000 bottles in ontario
5000 going to the GTA
Volume doesn't really mean anything to me if they're snapped up before I even leave work. Almost 7% of the GTA allotment just sold out in less than a day at one store. I think that's cause for concern.

ChrisK

Post by ChrisK »

Weebay wrote:
atomeyes wrote: repeat after me:
9000 bottles in ontario
5000 going to the GTA
9000 bottles in ontario
5000 going to the GTA
9000 bottles in ontario
5000 going to the GTA
9000 bottles in ontario
5000 going to the GTA
I had set aside $65,000 specifically for KBS and now my plans are ruined.
Can't tell if joking...

rfrf

Post by rfrf »

Call your local store, ask to order. depending on the warehouse serving that store there may be some left to order. it's not all been allotted (yet).

Gavin

Post by Gavin »

ChrisK wrote:
Volume doesn't really mean anything to me if they're snapped up before I even leave work. Almost 7% of the GTA allotment just sold out in less than a day at one store. I think that's cause for concern.
Ya, basically this...though I didn't realize that ON was receiving that many bottles. For some reason I had 4,500 in my head for the whole province, though admittedly I don't know where I got that from.

rfrf

Post by rfrf »

Was also told the only stores carrying this are stores that are part of the "beer program".

Can someone supply an up to date list of which stores that is?

rfrf

Post by rfrf »

Was also told the only stores carrying this are stores that are part of the "beer program".

Can someone supply an up to date list of which stores that is?

JeffPorter
Beer Superstar

Post by JeffPorter »

Just had my vintages friend order a bunch for our local...there's still lots to order...plus he said it's going to be pushed out to,like, everywhere...

If you go call your store tomorrow and check they can probably tell you if it's coming or not...

Everyone chill...

Bars aren't going to swoop in for 8500 bottles...

...likely not, anyway...this happens at the beginning of every release...

having said all that, I'll see you with my sleeping bag outside Summerhill!
"What can you say about Pabst Blue Ribbon that Dennis Hopper hasn’t screamed in the middle of an ether binge?" - Jordan St. John