Looking for the original Bar Towel blog? You can find it at www.thebartowel.com.

We have a trivia question in order to register to prevent bots. If you have any issues with answering, contact us at cass@bartowel.com for help.

Introducing Light Mode! If you would like a Bar Towel social experience that isn't the traditional blue, you can now select Light Mode. Go to the User Control Panel and then Board Preferences, and select "Day Drinking" (Light Mode) from the My Board Style drop-down menu. You can always switch back to "Night Drinking" (Dark Mode). Enjoy!

Coming Soon to the LCBO

This forum is for discussing everything beer retail: LCBO, Beer Store, Grocery Stores and Indie Stores.

Moderators: Craig, Cass

GtownRandy

Post by GtownRandy »

this page on keep 6's website says OUD BEERSEL OUDE GEUZE VIEILLE is coming to lcbo retail in summer 2017. maybe part of the summer release?

http://www.keep6imports.com/shop/beerselgueuze

spinrsx
Beer Superstar

Post by spinrsx »

Drank a kbs last night. Couldnt sleep. This is a very coffee forward beer, wonder how much caffeine it has.

jp_jkl

Post by jp_jkl »

spinrsx wrote:Drank a kbs last night. Couldnt sleep. This is a very coffee forward beer, wonder how much caffeine it has.
This has happened to me before with Founders Breakfast Stout.

According to Founders, it has about 5% - 10% of the caffeine of a regular cup of coffee or 15mg of caffeine. A decaf coffee has 2mg - 4mg.

portwood

Post by portwood »

JeffPorter wrote:Add me to the list of people who love the 12 oz bottles!

If I had to pay 15 bucks for 2 12 oz bottles vs 14 for one 750 ml...I'm buying the smaller bottles all day long...

Ontario brewers, God Bless em, should take note...most of us don't want to drink 3/4 of a litre of heavy stouts in one sitting.
100% with you!
I don't want to drink 3/4 of a liter - or 1/2 L for that matter - of ANY beer >5% abv in one sitting.
@markhamwhisky

Belgian
Bar Towel Legend

Post by Belgian »

spinrsx wrote:Drank a kbs last night. Couldnt sleep. This is a very coffee forward beer, wonder how much caffeine it has.
If it is about the same as Péché Mortel by volume, that's equal to 4 shots of espresso. Too much for the evening.

Good one to use a champagne stopper + exercise some restraint if nobody is helping you drink the full bomber.
In Beerum Veritas

Masterplan
Bar Fly

Post by Masterplan »

Moralite and Octopus added to LCBO site...I thought Robohop was next?

GtownRandy

Post by GtownRandy »

Masterplan wrote:Moralite and Octopus added to LCBO site...I thought Robohop was next?
that's correct

Lake Effect IPA: December to late February

RoboHop Imperial IPA: March to April

Octopus Wants to Fight IPA: March to May

Sunnyside Session IPA: Mid May to September

Karma Citra IPA: September to November

S M A

Post by S M A »

That's why you need the 750 mL bottle. :wink:

Gavin

Post by Gavin »

atomeyes wrote:there are very few world class barrel-aged stouts coming out of ontario.
BOYD and Skeleton Key (recent batches) are pretty much the entire list. some vintages of Winey Bastard as well, perhaps.
we're so bloody behind on making great barrel-aged beer, it's ridiculous
Yes, this. Although I haven't tried Cafe Del Bastardo yet.

BYOD is one of my all time favourite beers and I love Skeleton Key. Winey Bastard is great as well. But none of those beers are the same style as KBS -- coffee, chocolate, and bourbon barrel aged. Different taste profiles entirely.

Not to mention that only one of the three can be bought for home right now.

sofakingdrunk
Bar Fly

Post by sofakingdrunk »

Masterplan wrote:Moralite and Octopus added to LCBO site...I thought Robohop was next?
Hoping moralite is fresh

spinrsx
Beer Superstar

Post by spinrsx »

Sierra Nevada pale ale will be in cans in ontario soon

TheSevenDuffs
Beer Superstar

Post by TheSevenDuffs »

atomeyes wrote:there are very few world class barrel-aged stouts coming out of ontario.
BOYD and Skeleton Key (recent batches) are pretty much the entire list. some vintages of Winey Bastard as well, perhaps.
we're so bloody behind on making great barrel-aged beer, it's ridiculous
This is bang-on. I would say that Cafe Del Bastardo is also a really good BA stout, although I wouldn't put it at the world class level.

Here's to hoping we see more quality BA stouts in this province in 2017.

ChrisK

Post by ChrisK »

Went to Summerhill today. They replenished. Get it while the getting is good.
Last edited by ChrisK on Sun Mar 19, 2017 3:00 pm, edited 2 times in total.

sofakingdrunk
Bar Fly

Post by sofakingdrunk »

Sexy pics

GtownRandy

Post by GtownRandy »

That's great. What about the rest of the province?