Looking for the original Bar Towel blog? You can find it at www.thebartowel.com.

We have a trivia question in order to register to prevent bots. If you have any issues with answering, contact us at cass@bartowel.com for help.

Introducing Light Mode! If you would like a Bar Towel social experience that isn't the traditional blue, you can now select Light Mode. Go to the User Control Panel and then Board Preferences, and select "Day Drinking" (Light Mode) from the My Board Style drop-down menu. You can always switch back to "Night Drinking" (Dark Mode). Enjoy!

Coming Soon to the LCBO

This forum is for discussing everything beer retail: LCBO, Beer Store, Grocery Stores and Indie Stores.

Moderators: Craig, Cass

Napalm Frog

Post by Napalm Frog »

DeMarco wrote:
GtownRandy wrote:July 12, 2017

Zodiak by Omnipollo http://www.lcbo.com/lcbo/product/brunsw ... WdrsrgpWVs
IPA - American / $3.60 (473 mL can) / Ontario, Canada
You think Henok of Omnipollo came to brew this beer here or did he give the recipe to brunswick? I'm guessing the latter.
He was definitely around for the first batch that was bars only, no idea about the current run: http://www.canadianbeernews.com/2016/08 ... bierworks/

Kish84
Bar Fly

Post by Kish84 »

Napalm Frog wrote:
DeMarco wrote:
GtownRandy wrote:July 12, 2017

Zodiak by Omnipollo http://www.lcbo.com/lcbo/product/brunsw ... WdrsrgpWVs
IPA - American / $3.60 (473 mL can) / Ontario, Canada
You think Henok of Omnipollo came to brew this beer here or did he give the recipe to brunswick? I'm guessing the latter.
He was definitely around for the first batch that was bars only, no idea about the current run: http://www.canadianbeernews.com/2016/08 ... bierworks/
I'm liking the more recent batches I've tried more than the first release.
"There's always money in the banana stand."

spinrsx
Beer Superstar

Post by spinrsx »

Apparently Great Divide Yeti is coming..

Belgian
Bar Towel Legend

Post by Belgian »

spinrsx wrote:Apparently Great Divide Yeti is coming..
How do you guys feel about oak Aged Yeti? I'd be curious to try the regular one.
In Beerum Veritas

JaseWescott

Post by JaseWescott »

Autumn 2017 Release?
Belgian wrote:
How do you guys feel about oak Aged Yeti? I'd be curious to try the regular one.
anything from Great Divide would be great :)
Last edited by JaseWescott on Tue Aug 08, 2017 10:56 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Craig
Seasoned Drinker

Post by Craig »

Belgian wrote:
It's great. The first true excellent American RIS I tried.

Blasphomet

Post by Blasphomet »

Yeti coming gives me a Yeti sized boner. Hopefully that bodes well for future Great Divide entering the LC.

El Pinguino
Seasoned Drinker

Post by El Pinguino »

Very nice!
Great Divide I do enjoy...any of the Yeti versions are quite tasty. It would be nice to see some of their other beers return too...been 6-7 (maybe longer?) years since they had their brief appearance in Ontario. Wonder if they're being imported by someone different this time...used to be R&R.

seangm
Bar Fly

Post by seangm »

Black Oak's 10 Bitter Years is coming to the LCBO in cans, changing from the bomber format. I rarely see it in stock, but apparently it's still around in the 650 ml bottles. It rates very favourably and I recall enjoying it, but haven't had it in a while. Seems like a good opportunity to revisit, hopefully distribution will be better as well.

http://www.canadianbeernews.com/2017/08 ... e-in-cans/

Muskokan

Post by Muskokan »

Sorry for chiming in late here.

RE Omnipollo: Henok from Omnipollo was here at Brunswick to brew two beers; Zodiak IPA and Prodromus - Imperial Graham Cracker Chocolate Chunk Caramel Bar Stout...now on tap at the Bier Markt and hitting LCBO's late November.

We send back samples from every batch to Henok to try and comment on. We've made a few slight tweaks over the past 6 months and I personally feel that it's tasting fantastic these days. We've been brewing it every three weeks, so everything in market is lightning fresh.

Yeti! We've been working on Great Divide for 4 years....Chris and I have been to the brewery twice to try to get a deal over the goal line. The second time we were there we spent an entire afternoon getting buckled on Yeti and I think that was the clincher. Yeti will hit LCBO shelves late November-ish. Also as an FYI, New Holland's Dragon's Milk is back and will hit shelves mid October.

On the Brunswick side, we have a number of pretty iconic breweries lined up to start brewing here and we will be making announcements in the coming months. Our taproom and retail store will be opening in October. We will be launching our La Trappe collaboration (New World Double Bock), our Hopsteiner collaboration with a test hop not in market yet (Helles Bock), Prodromus and a few other one-offs. I'll post details on here as I have them.

Thanks,

Mike Laba
The Craft Brand Company
Brunswick Bierworks
Co-Founder | The Craft Brand Company
https://craftbrandco.com/
IG: @CraftBrandCo

JaseWescott

Post by JaseWescott »

Muskokan wrote:Sorry for chiming in late here.

RE Omnipollo: Henok from Omnipollo was here at Brunswick to brew two beers; Zodiak IPA and Prodromus - Imperial Graham Cracker Chocolate Chunk Caramel Bar Stout...now on tap at the Bier Markt and hitting LCBO's late November.
with a name like that Grandma is gonna get trampled :lol: :lol: :lol:

Lukie

Post by Lukie »

Any idea if this one is making a comeback any time soon? I do not kid you when I say this is one of my fav LCBO available beers of all time.

spinrsx
Beer Superstar

Post by spinrsx »

what format for the Imperial Graham Cracker Chocolate Chunk Caramel Bar Stout? Tall Cans?
JaseWescott wrote:

with a name like that Grandma is gonna get trampled :lol: :lol: :lol:

northyorksammy
Seasoned Drinker

Post by northyorksammy »

We send back samples from every batch to Henok to try and comment on. We've made a few slight tweaks over the past 6 months and I personally feel that it's tasting fantastic these days. We've been brewing it every three weeks, so everything in market is lightning fresh.

Yeti! We've been working on Great Divide for 4 years....Chris and I have been to the brewery twice to try to get a deal over the goal line. The second time we were there we spent an entire afternoon getting buckled on Yeti and I think that was the clincher. Yeti will hit LCBO shelves late November-ish. Also as an FYI, New Holland's Dragon's Milk is back and will hit shelves mid October.

On the Brunswick side, we have a number of pretty iconic breweries lined up to start brewing here and we will be making announcements in the coming months. Our taproom and retail store will be opening in October. We will be launching our La Trappe collaboration (New World Double Bock), our Hopsteiner collaboration with a test hop not in market yet (Helles Bock), Prodromus and a few other one-offs. I'll post details on here as I have them.

Thanks,

Mike Laba
The Craft Brand Company
Brunswick Bierworks
not too far from the office if open mid-week day
Reliable Beer Critic

BakaGaijin

Post by BakaGaijin »

Backwood Bastard end of October