Coming Soon to the LCBO

This forum is for discussing current and upcoming LCBO, Beer Store and Grocery Store releases and policies.

Moderators: GregClow, Cass

Gavin
Posts: 139
Joined: Fri Sep 02, 2011 11:44 am

Re: Coming Soon to the LCBO

Postby Gavin » Sat Oct 13, 2018 5:19 pm

BeerIsGood wrote:Wow! Regarding the Founders issue...while I don’t generally like to get involved in these type of discussions on a beer page (it’s one of the reasons I come here), I will say this: judging companies and making purchasing decisions on moral/ethical grounds can be a very slippery slope. Own any Apple products? Checked their human rights/employment practices? Sure you know where your spouses diamond came from? Got any lithium batteries? 50% of the worlds cobalt comes from the DRC. Do you know what it’s like there for the citizens? Certain that Ontario produce wasn’t picked by exploited or blackmailed migrant workers? Check out a doc called Migrant Dreams if you doubt me. Feeling confident that the fish you just ate wasn’t caught using the very destructive techniques of Bottom Trawling or Explosion Fishing? How many animals died to test your cosmetics or shampoo? If you drilled down deep enough, IMO you wouldn’t buy much based on the moral judgment idea.


If you can't do absolutely everything, then it's not worth doing anything. Got it :roll:
BeerIsGood
Posts: 219
Joined: Sat Oct 07, 2017 12:04 pm

Re: Coming Soon to the LCBO

Postby BeerIsGood » Sat Oct 13, 2018 6:23 pm

People here like beer, and since there are so many choices, it’s very easy to display moral indignation about one brewery and easily move on to the next. However, when the moral outrage involves a product in which the choices are far fewer, people will back peddle and attempt to justify their decisions. I went to a documentary film festival in March and many of the films were about environmental degradation. People whaled and carped immediately after the films about how horrible it was...then drove the 1km home in their SUV’s rather than walk. First world problems...the discussion of things...as long as you don’t REALLY have to change.
User avatar
JaseWescott
Posts: 220
Joined: Sat Jul 29, 2017 4:08 pm
Location: Hamilton

Re: Coming Soon to the LCBO

Postby JaseWescott » Mon Oct 22, 2018 11:04 am

No 2018/2019 Christmas or Winter list until Nov 12th :/ what's the point?
tyke66a
Posts: 18
Joined: Thu Jan 21, 2016 3:01 pm

Re: Coming Soon to the LCBO

Postby tyke66a » Wed Oct 24, 2018 4:48 pm

Apparently most of the Christmas packs and stock, ie Fullers Vintage Ale, will not be listed online until after Remembrance Day as a mark of respect. Fullers Vintage Ale is out in select stores now. By the way the LCBO has messed up the Imperial Stout calling it Fullers Brewers Reserve Imperial Stout. Fullers has only brewed 5 Brewers Reserve ales so far and they are listed as 1-5 and there is NO imperial stout. They are all beers that were cask conditioned in sherry, whisky,cognac etc barrels. To my dismay we are not getting Samuel Smiths Winter Welcome for the second year running
:cry: :cry:
sofakingdrunk
Bar Fly
Posts: 764
Joined: Sun Jan 26, 2014 7:55 am
Location: Guelph

Re: Coming Soon to the LCBO

Postby sofakingdrunk » Wed Oct 24, 2018 11:23 pm

Ffs no Sam Smiths again?? Yet every year we get the horrible fucking “Bah Humbug”. Marketing at its best, I guess.
User avatar
Belgian
Bar Towel Legend
Posts: 9887
Joined: Sun Jul 04, 2004 6:15 pm
Location: Earth

Re: Coming Soon to the LCBO

Postby Belgian » Thu Oct 25, 2018 2:51 am

sofakingdrunk wrote:Ffs no Sam Smiths again?? Yet every year we get the horrible fucking “Bah Humbug”...


For such a massive buyer with so many resources the LCBO is really on autopilot with some seasonal releases (AKA the 'ahh fuck it' releases.)
In Beerum Veritas
User avatar
JaseWescott
Posts: 220
Joined: Sat Jul 29, 2017 4:08 pm
Location: Hamilton

Re: Coming Soon to the LCBO

Postby JaseWescott » Thu Oct 25, 2018 4:40 pm

Image

drops Nov 5th @ LCBO in Amsterdam Flight pack with 3 other beers.
seangm
Posts: 297
Joined: Fri Nov 20, 2015 12:44 pm

Re: Coming Soon to the LCBO

Postby seangm » Fri Oct 26, 2018 8:50 am

JaseWescott wrote:Image

drops Nov 5th @ LCBO in Amsterdam Flight pack with 3 other beers.


It's about time. Of course there's a catch though, being in a mix pack will make it prohibitive to stock up. Hopefully they offer some interesting options and not just their boring core brands.
User avatar
Craig
Seasoned Drinker
Posts: 1713
Joined: Wed Apr 10, 2013 9:23 am

Re: Coming Soon to the LCBO

Postby Craig » Fri Oct 26, 2018 11:53 am

Can you maybe just get it from their retail store in singles?
User avatar
Napalm Frog
Posts: 210
Joined: Mon May 04, 2015 9:01 am
Location: Toronto

Re: Coming Soon to the LCBO

Postby Napalm Frog » Fri Oct 26, 2018 11:58 am

Double Tempest Day is November 17, so I don't see why they wouldn't have it as singles by then.
Masterplan
Posts: 479
Joined: Tue Oct 30, 2012 10:00 am

Re: Coming Soon to the LCBO

Postby Masterplan » Sat Oct 27, 2018 3:22 pm

seangm wrote:
JaseWescott wrote:Image

drops Nov 5th @ LCBO in Amsterdam Flight pack with 3 other beers.


It's about time. Of course there's a catch though, being in a mix pack will make it prohibitive to stock up. Hopefully they offer some interesting options and not just their boring core brands.

Take the tempest and return the other three...?
seangm
Posts: 297
Joined: Fri Nov 20, 2015 12:44 pm

Re: Coming Soon to the LCBO

Postby seangm » Mon Oct 29, 2018 9:57 am

Masterplan wrote:
seangm wrote:It's about time. Of course there's a catch though, being in a mix pack will make it prohibitive to stock up. Hopefully they offer some interesting options and not just their boring core brands.

Take the tempest and return the other three...?


Hah! That might be an option if they're already listed at the LCBO.
seangm
Posts: 297
Joined: Fri Nov 20, 2015 12:44 pm

Re: Coming Soon to the LCBO

Postby seangm » Mon Oct 29, 2018 9:58 am

Napalm Frog wrote:Double Tempest Day is November 17, so I don't see why they wouldn't have it as singles by then.


Unfortunately it doesn't look likely, I was digging through comments on their IG and they said it'll only be in the mix pack this time.
sofakingdrunk
Bar Fly
Posts: 764
Joined: Sun Jan 26, 2014 7:55 am
Location: Guelph

Re: Coming Soon to the LCBO

Postby sofakingdrunk » Mon Oct 29, 2018 3:46 pm

seangm wrote:
Napalm Frog wrote:Double Tempest Day is November 17, so I don't see why they wouldn't have it as singles by then.


Unfortunately it doesn't look likely, I was digging through comments on their IG and they said it'll only be in the mix pack this time.



So it seems the mixed pack is : starke Pilsner;boneshaker;space invader and Tempest.
———I’ll but it(maybe a couple) to get my hands in some Tempest, after a couple years without. I actually quite enjoy the Space Invader as well.
User avatar
Bobsy
Beer Superstar
Posts: 2221
Joined: Wed Sep 26, 2007 10:06 pm
Location: Maple
Contact:

Re: Coming Soon to the LCBO

Postby Bobsy » Mon Oct 29, 2018 5:56 pm

sofakingdrunk wrote:
seangm wrote:
Napalm Frog wrote:Double Tempest Day is November 17, so I don't see why they wouldn't have it as singles by then.


Unfortunately it doesn't look likely, I was digging through comments on their IG and they said it'll only be in the mix pack this time.



So it seems the mixed pack is : starke Pilsner;boneshaker;space invader and Tempest.
———I’ll but it(maybe a couple) to get my hands in some Tempest, after a couple years without. I actually quite enjoy the Space Invader as well.


Quite a good mix pack, actually. Not had the Starke Pilsner since the day we signed David Price. At least the beer hasn't buggered off to Boston and won a world series ring. As long as there's not a glass thrown in, I'll probably buy a few of these.

Return to “LCBO, Beer Store and Grocery Stores”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest

cron