Looking for the original Bar Towel blog? You can find it at www.thebartowel.com.

We have a trivia question in order to register to prevent bots. If you have any issues with answering, contact us at cass@bartowel.com for help.

Introducing Light Mode! If you would like a Bar Towel social experience that isn't the traditional blue, you can now select Light Mode. Go to the User Control Panel and then Board Preferences, and select "Day Drinking" (Light Mode) from the My Board Style drop-down menu. You can always switch back to "Night Drinking" (Dark Mode). Enjoy!

Coming Soon to the LCBO

This forum is for discussing everything beer retail: LCBO, Beer Store, Grocery Stores and Indie Stores.

Moderators: Craig, Cass

JaseWescott

Post by JaseWescott »

Tempest is exclusive in the pack

HeliKOOPter

Post by HeliKOOPter »

Odds that the Boneshaker is from 2016? I can’t believe they refuse to put logical date stamps on their product.

cratez
Beer Superstar

Post by cratez »

Surprisingly, that is not a bad mix pack. Those are basically their four best beers.
"Bar people do not live as long as vegan joggers. However, they have more fun." - Bruce Elliott

Gedge
Bar Fly

Post by Gedge »

cratez wrote:Surprisingly, that is not a bad mix pack. Those are basically their four best beers.
Yeah, I like three of the four beers. Haven't tried the pils yet.

seangm
Bar Fly

Post by seangm »

I'd still prefer Tempest on its own, but as far as the mix goes that's about best case scenario. Maybe I'll even buy two.

El Pinguino
Seasoned Drinker

Post by El Pinguino »

Nice pack for sure...but way too many beers to choose from these days, I won't be buying it simply to get tempest.
So happy I don't have beer FOMO anymore.

cratez
Beer Superstar

Post by cratez »

Gedge wrote: Yeah, I like three of the four beers. Haven't tried the pils yet.
IMO it's one of the better pilsners from Ontario, up there with Tooth and Nail Vim and Vigor and Bellwoods Paper Tiger. So at a minimum, worth trying.

I should qualify my earlier comment by noting that some of Amsterdam's farmhouse beers/sours and the Autumn Hop are also among their best. But my point stands – you could do a lot worse than these four beers.
seangm wrote:I'd still prefer Tempest on its own, but as far as the mix goes that's about best case scenario. Maybe I'll even buy two.
Ya, I was expecting some of the more boring core beers to be a part of this pack but will likely buy this one.
"Bar people do not live as long as vegan joggers. However, they have more fun." - Bruce Elliott

seangm
Bar Fly

Post by seangm »

cratez wrote:
Gedge wrote: Yeah, I like three of the four beers. Haven't tried the pils yet.
IMO it's one of the better pilsners from Ontario, up there with Tooth and Nail Vim and Vigor and Bellwoods Paper Tiger. So at a minimum, worth trying.

I should qualify my earlier comment by noting that some of Amsterdam's farmhouse beers/sours and the Autumn Hop are also among their best. But my point stands – you could do a lot worse than these four beers.
seangm wrote:I'd still prefer Tempest on its own, but as far as the mix goes that's about best case scenario. Maybe I'll even buy two.
Ya, I was expecting some of the more boring core beers to be a part of this pack but will likely buy this one.
I agree on the farmhouse/sours, Ezra (though it was a GLB collab) is one of the best Ontario farmhouse ales I've tried. Would've been nice to see an Adventure Brew thrown into the mix, but I do enjoy those 3 beers so it's certainly a worthwhile pack.

Jonah Hex

Post by Jonah Hex »

From Rochester Mills brewery at https://deskgram.net/p/1867627771174746380_23270247 :
All packed up and ready to go — Our first export to the @lcbo is a Seasonal Sampler Pack of Milkshake Stout favorites. Look for them to arrive this Holiday.
I don't know if this is to be on the WINTER or the XMAS list. Anyone heard more about it?

Scott T.
No, I will not "beam you up."

MatttthewGeorge
Bar Fly

Post by MatttthewGeorge »

Jonah Hex wrote:From Rochester Mills brewery at https://deskgram.net/p/1867627771174746380_23270247 :
All packed up and ready to go — Our first export to the @lcbo is a Seasonal Sampler Pack of Milkshake Stout favorites. Look for them to arrive this Holiday.
I don't know if this is to be on the WINTER or the XMAS list. Anyone heard more about it?

Good god that sounds awful
#lactoseintolerant
untappd/instacrap/facebitch/snapitychat/etc: @matttthewgeorge

lister
Beer Superstar

Post by lister »

Looking forward to trying them! :D
lister

seangm
Bar Fly

Post by seangm »

Honestly those flavours sound disgusting. This trend of overly flavoured beer and "pastry stouts" just isn't for me.

northyorksammy
Seasoned Drinker

Post by northyorksammy »

There is a sub market for sweet stuff. AT Merit which does a bunch of sweets, even the IPA is tasting sweet
Reliable Beer Critic

Ukie
Bar Fly

Post by Ukie »

Jonah Hex wrote:From Rochester Mills brewery at https://deskgram.net/p/1867627771174746380_23270247 :

#630954 --------$20.95

Blasphomet

Post by Blasphomet »

I'll try the fuck out of those. Sounds fun. And I'm also starting to board the train of 'all the fruit and lactose fuck off'. But not quite. I still enjoy the good stuff of that ilk and likely always will. Just get's a bit overwhelming sometimes.